Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 01:34 It is currently 09 May 2024, 01:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Short Answer Questions for the Darden Admissions Application: Professi [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Short Answer Questions for the Darden Admissions Application: Professional Degree Formats
The application is a storytelling exercise, and the short answer questions are a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your authentic voice. The short answers are also an opportunity for you to tie together the other elements of your application such as your academic record, your resume, interests and demographic information to present a holistic picture of yourself.

For the 2022-23 cycle, we will again feature multiple questions, and we are particularly excited about some of the new additions to this year’s application. You will bring your whole self to business school, and Darden students shape their experience in and out of the classroom. As a result, in the short answer questions, we are interested in learning more about how you lead, how you relate to others, what you’re passionate about, your awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion principles, your career goals and much more.

Short Answer Questions
Our questions reflect key values that are central to the Darden experience and community. In the application, we frame some questions with additional resources to demonstrate these values. For Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA applicants, this year’s short answer questions are as follows:

[list]
[*]Given that you will be forming lifelong connections with your classmates that extend beyond the classroom, what is important for your classmates to know about you that is not on your resumé? (200 words)[/*]
[*]Please describe a tangible example that illuminates your experience promoting an inclusive environment and what you would bring to creating a welcoming, global community at Darden. (300 words)[/*]
[*]At this time how would you describe your short-term, post-MBA goal and how does it align with the long-term vision you have for your career? (200 words)[/*]
[/list]
Additional Tips
Here are a few more tips as you think about crafting a successful essay response:

[list]
[*]Applicants frequently overthink their short answer responses, feeling that there must be something specific we are looking for. Let us be clear: [b]We are not reading your responses with a prescribed or “right” answer in mind[/b]. How you choose to answer a particular question is often as insightful as what you choose to write about. The best essay responses are those that are responsive to the question, but also authentic and genuine. And remember, whenever possible, show don’t tell! [/*]
[*][b]Leave time for pre-writing.[/b] Sometimes the first idea you have is the best idea, and sometimes the best idea is born of significant thought and reflection. A little planning can save you a lot of heartburn, so be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to craft the best essay without feeling hurried or rushed.

[/*]
[*][b]Keep it brief.[/b] All questions require responses of 200 words or less, and in our experience, it typically takes a few drafts before applicants hit on a response they feel is both compelling and falls within the word limit. The more time you give yourself to craft your application (again, the operative word is “craft”), the more intentional you can be with your responses, and by extension, your narrative.  [/*]
[*][b]Find a good editor.[/b] Of course, your short answer responses should reflect your own thoughts and work, but it is always a good idea to ask for a second opinion. After you’ve written a response, set it down for a little while and come back to it later. Also, share your draft with a friend or colleague and ask for their feedback – Is it responsive to the question? Does it sound like you? An editor (and a fresh set of eyes) can also help you catch those pesky typos and grammatical errors you might miss after reading an essay a few times.[/*]
[*][b]Don’t cut and paste.[/b] We know other schools’ essay prompts, and we can always tell when applicants have repurposed essay responses. We (as Business schools) know we are not making it easy on you by asking you different questions, and we know that applying to business school takes a lot of time. However, we have reasons for each of the questions we ask, and we always appreciate it when applicants take the time to craft a unique response.[/*]
[/list]
Be sure to consult the [url=https://news.darden.virginia.edu/]Latest News[/url] regularly for the most updated news releases and media hits. Check out faculty thought leadership published on [url=https://ideas.darden.virginia.edu/]Ideas to Action[/url]. And stay connected with us via social media: [url=https://www.facebook.com/DardenMBA]Facebook[/url], [url=https://www.instagram.com/dardenmba/]Instagram[/url], [url=https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=19605]LinkedIn[/url], [url=https://twitter.com/DardenMBA]Twitter[/url], [url=https://brand.darden.virginia.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/qrcode_for_gh_23920314812f_860.jpg]WeChat[/url].

The post [url=https://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/2022/08/17/short-answer-questions-2022/]Short Answer Questions for the Darden Admissions Application: Professional Degree Formats[/url] appeared first on [url=https://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admissions]Discover Darden[/url].
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Send PM
Short Answer Questions for the Darden Admissions Application: Professi [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: Short Answer Questions for the Darden Admissions Application: Professional Degree Formats
The application is a storytelling exercise, and the short answer questions are a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your authentic voice. The short answers are also an opportunity for you to tie together the other elements of your application such as your academic record, your resume, interests and demographic information to present a holistic picture of yourself.

For the 2022-23 cycle, we will again feature multiple questions, and we are particularly excited about some of the new additions to this year’s application. You will bring your whole self to business school, and Darden students shape their experience in and out of the classroom. As a result, in the short answer questions, we are interested in learning more about how you lead, how you relate to others, what you’re passionate about, your awareness of diversity, equity and inclusion principles, your career goals and much more.

Short Answer Questions
Our questions reflect key values that are central to the Darden experience and community. In the application, we frame some questions with additional resources to demonstrate these values. For Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA applicants, this year’s short answer questions are as follows:

[list]
[*]Given that you will be forming lifelong connections with your classmates that extend beyond the classroom, what is important for your classmates to know about you that is not on your resumé? (200 words)[/*]
[*]Please describe a tangible example that illuminates your experience promoting an inclusive environment and what you would bring to creating a welcoming, global community at Darden. (300 words)[/*]
[*]At this time how would you describe your short-term, post-MBA goal and how does it align with the long-term vision you have for your career? (200 words)[/*]
[/list]
Additional Tips
Here are a few more tips as you think about crafting a successful essay response:

[list]
[*]Applicants frequently overthink their short answer responses, feeling that there must be something specific we are looking for. Let us be clear: [b]We are not reading your responses with a prescribed or “right” answer in mind[/b]. How you choose to answer a particular question is often as insightful as what you choose to write about. The best essay responses are those that are responsive to the question, but also authentic and genuine. And remember, whenever possible, show don’t tell! [/*]
[*][b]Leave time for pre-writing.[/b] Sometimes the first idea you have is the best idea, and sometimes the best idea is born of significant thought and reflection. A little planning can save you a lot of heartburn, so be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to craft the best essay without feeling hurried or rushed.

[/*]
[*][b]Keep it brief.[/b] All questions require responses of 200 words or less, and in our experience, it typically takes a few drafts before applicants hit on a response they feel is both compelling and falls within the word limit. The more time you give yourself to craft your application (again, the operative word is “craft”), the more intentional you can be with your responses, and by extension, your narrative.  [/*]
[*][b]Find a good editor.[/b] Of course, your short answer responses should reflect your own thoughts and work, but it is always a good idea to ask for a second opinion. After you’ve written a response, set it down for a little while and come back to it later. Also, share your draft with a friend or colleague and ask for their feedback – Is it responsive to the question? Does it sound like you? An editor (and a fresh set of eyes) can also help you catch those pesky typos and grammatical errors you might miss after reading an essay a few times.[/*]
[*][b]Don’t cut and paste.[/b] We know other schools’ essay prompts, and we can always tell when applicants have repurposed essay responses. We (as Business schools) know we are not making it easy on you by asking you different questions, and we know that applying to business school takes a lot of time. However, we have reasons for each of the questions we ask, and we always appreciate it when applicants take the time to craft a unique response.[/*]
[/list]
Be sure to consult the [url=https://news.darden.virginia.edu/]Latest News[/url] regularly for the most updated news releases and media hits. Check out faculty thought leadership published on [url=https://ideas.darden.virginia.edu/]Ideas to Action[/url]. And stay connected with us via social media: [url=https://www.facebook.com/DardenMBA]Facebook[/url], [url=https://www.instagram.com/dardenmba/]Instagram[/url], [url=https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=19605]LinkedIn[/url], [url=https://twitter.com/DardenMBA]Twitter[/url], [url=https://brand.darden.virginia.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/qrcode_for_gh_23920314812f_860.jpg]WeChat[/url].

The post [url=https://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/2022/08/17/short-answer-questions-2022/]Short Answer Questions for the Darden Admissions Application: Professional Degree Formats[/url] appeared first on [url=https://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admissions]Discover Darden[/url].
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Send PM
Admissions Team Shares Early Action Resources [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Admissions Team Shares Early Action Resources
The post Admissions Team Shares Early Action Resources appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Admissions Team Shares Early Action Resources [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: Admissions Team Shares Early Action Resources
The post Admissions Team Shares Early Action Resources appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Applications Now Live for Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA programs [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Applications Now Live for Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA programs
The post Applications Now Live for Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA programs appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Applications Now Live for Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA programs [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: Applications Now Live for Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA programs
The post Applications Now Live for Executive MBA and Part-Time MBA programs appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
First Year MBA Students Kick Off Their Darden Journey [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: First Year MBA Students Kick Off Their Darden Journey
The post First Year MBA Students Kick Off Their Darden Journey appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
First Year MBA Students Kick Off Their Darden Journey [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: First Year MBA Students Kick Off Their Darden Journey
The post First Year MBA Students Kick Off Their Darden Journey appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Welcome to Charlottesville! Open House Events and Class Visit Availabi [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Welcome to Charlottesville! Open House Events and Class Visit Availability
The post Welcome to Charlottesville! Open House Events and Class Visit Availability appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Welcome to Charlottesville! Open House Events and Class Visit Availabi [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: Welcome to Charlottesville! Open House Events and Class Visit Availability
The post Welcome to Charlottesville! Open House Events and Class Visit Availability appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Poets & Quants Highlights Inaugural Part-Time MBA Program [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Poets & Quants Highlights Inaugural Part-Time MBA Program
The post Poets & Quants Highlights Inaugural Part-Time MBA Program appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Poets & Quants Highlights Inaugural Part-Time MBA Program [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: Poets & Quants Highlights Inaugural Part-Time MBA Program
The post Poets & Quants Highlights Inaugural Part-Time MBA Program appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Preliminary Career Data Shows Record-Breaking Results for Class of 202 [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Preliminary Career Data Shows Record-Breaking Results for Class of 2022
The post Preliminary Career Data Shows Record-Breaking Results for Class of 2022 appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Preliminary Career Data Shows Record-Breaking Results for Class of 202 [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: Preliminary Career Data Shows Record-Breaking Results for Class of 2022
The post Preliminary Career Data Shows Record-Breaking Results for Class of 2022 appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Valentina Rizo (Class of 2023) Leverages Student Leadership Role to Cr [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Valentina Rizo (Class of 2023) Leverages Student Leadership Role to Create Inclusive, Fun Community
The post Valentina Rizo (Class of 2023) Leverages Student Leadership Role to Create Inclusive, Fun Community appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
Valentina Rizo (Class of 2023) Leverages Student Leadership Role to Cr [#permalink]
FROM Darden EMBA Blog: Valentina Rizo (Class of 2023) Leverages Student Leadership Role to Create Inclusive, Fun Community
The post Valentina Rizo (Class of 2023) Leverages Student Leadership Role to Create Inclusive, Fun Community appeared first on Discover Darden.
VP
VP
Send PM
1 October Deadline Approaching for Part-Time MBA Program [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: 1 October Deadline Approaching for Part-Time MBA Program
The post 1 October Deadline Approaching for Part-Time MBA Program appeared first on Discover Darden.
GMAT Club Bot
1 October Deadline Approaching for Part-Time MBA Program [#permalink]
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  43   
Moderator:
Darden and UNC Moderator
102 posts