Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:05 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:05

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 16, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Sep 22, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewer was 2nd year student Friendly interview style, 2 follow up questions She was reading questions out of her screen. Questions themselves were very long and descriptive. First she gave general overview of interview and asked for photo ID, then started Tell me about yourself , formative experiences, career and extra curricular. Since it is a blind interview you can take 5-10 mins to answer this Why do you want to do an MBA and Why Darden Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager (Follow-up) So how exactly did you convince your manager Tell me about a time you had to work with someone different from you So how long have you been in Japan What do you like to do for fun? Anything we missed Questions for me:"
4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 31, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jan 31, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My interview was with a senior adcom member. The entire interview lasted for 41 mins and was very conversational. 1. Tell me about yourself (Monologue - I spoke for 15 mins) 2. Significant Challenge that I faced 3. Why MBA? 4. Short-Term & Long-Term Goals 5. Why UVA Darden? 6. TMAT you had to work with people of different perspectives. 7. How will I contribute to the learning teams/Darden? These questions took up 30 mins, and then, I asked her a few questions."
5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 23
"Very conversational. - tell me about yourself, the decisions, etc (the monologue prompt) - a problem you solved (covered in monologue) - working with people different from you - why mba, why darden. Lasted 45 mins"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Nov 10, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Very standard Darden Blind interview Conducted by a 2nd Year Student - Lasted 44 Minutes He looked at a side screen a lot - made me feel he probably had questions written down there along with pointers Tell me About Yourself - explain your journey, the decisions you've made etc. Why MBA? Why Darden? Experience of having worked in a diverse group A challenge faced at Work Anything that they should know about you that hasn't been mentioned Questions for the student - I had looked up their LinkedIn profile and asked something that was specific to it and also a more general question about the Program"
6.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 31, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Oct 31, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interview with a senior director of admissions. She introduced the process >> that she has no prior knowledge of my app, it's a blind interview and that I'm expected to share about my life in the first 10-15 minutes and that it'll be very conversational. Started off with TMAY. Asked post-MBA goal, why Darden. Asked behavioural questions on conflict resolution and how I work with a diverse community (people that have a diff background than my own). Talked about C'ville. Talked about personal interests and hobbies. And asked at the end if there's anything we didn't talk about. I used this opportunity to talk about my community impact cause that didn't naturally come up during the conversation. She was very happy I brought it up and then I asked the interviewer a question at the end."
This user wants to stay Private
3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 8, 23
Interviewed on:
Sep 22, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interviewer was 2nd year student. She seemed to be reading questions off of her screen but was very friendly. She asked 2 follow-up questions and was very happy to answer questions I had. 1. Tell me about yourself , formative experiences, career and extra curricular. Since it is a blind interview you can take 5-10 mins to answer this 2. Why do you want to do an MBA and Why Darden 3. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager (Follow-up) So how exactly did you convince your manager 4. Tell me about a time you had to work with someone different from you 5. So how long have you been in Japan 6. What do you like to do for fun? 7. Anything we missed 8. Questions for me"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 11, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Apr 11, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"She asked me to tell her about myself and I just explained my background, early life, undergrad, grad school, and work experience. She stopped me a couple of times for clarification but then just let me roll for the most part. I'd say the "TMAY" was around 15 min. I then went into Why an MBA, Why Now, and Why Darden. That was another 15 min. She asked no follow-up questions and asked me if I had any questions. I asked about 3 insightful questions which was another 15 min. All in all, interview went about 45 min. It was a great experience - very conversational and she gave me great feedback. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!"
skdi23
3 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 18, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 9, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interview with Adcom member Catie Yielding. Very sweet lady; the interview was conversational and very comfortable. 1. Tell me about yourself including any personal and professional details that define who you are. 2. Follow up: How was the experience working at a start-up different from that of working at an established firm? 3. ST and LT Goals and Why MBA? 4. Why Darden? 5. Any questions for me? 6. Anything you'd like to add? I talked for the most part so 30 min of me talking and 10 min of her answering my questions."
0.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 16, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 27, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was with Admissions Director. 1. Tell me about yourself - Follow ups to TMAY : Why I chose my undergrad, How I got my job after graduating 2. Why MBA 3. What appeals to you about the Darden curriculum 4. What organizations would you be a part of 5. Any questions for me I had thought my interview went okay, and was definitely worried/ overthinking, so was excited about the admit! Advice: 1. Research the type of interviews darden has. I definitely think I could have led the convo a bit more, because i think that is the structure of the interview for Darden. 2. Be in the moment, listen to your interviewer w/o planning the future convo, as that allows you to have a conversation and not be rigid if you're nervous."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 15, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 15, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Was interviewed by the Associate Director of Admissions. Interview lasted about 30 mins: 1. Tell me about yourself - I included why MBA and 2 fun facts about myself here. I talked about how I moved around a lot so she dived into that in depth 2. Why did you move a lot? 3. Where did you have the most memorable time - out of the countries you moved to so far? 4. Do you use your computer science degree at work? How? 4. Was there a time where you had to work in a team, how did that go? What was the outcome? 5. Was there a time where you were not able to perform a task successfully? How did you deal with it, what did you do? 6. Darden encourages inclusion and diversity - what do those mean to you and have you ever been in a situation which involved inclusion and diversity? 7. What are you short-term and long-term goals? and Why an MBA at Darden? 8. Anything else you want to note or emphasize that you want the admissions team to be aware about? 9. Do you have any questions for me? Was told there were no next steps from my side - should get an email/decision by 31st March."
4.9 years
Canada
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 15, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Mar 13, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview lasted for about 30 mins. She had a very warm countenance and it was conversational. 1. TMA yourself from childhood till now as you’re considering MBA. I used this opportunity to run through my resume, why MBA and why Darden 2. Two Follow up questions based on what I said 3. Tell me about a time you worked in a team or led a team to solve a problem 4. Follow up questions again 5. Any other thing I should know. I used this opportunity to speak about what I’ve done in terms of impact and collaboration. Also elaborated on why Darden is the best fit for me and emphasized that I had engaged a few current students 6. Any questions for me. I had googled her name since I received it the day before and Google took me directly to her page. My long term career goal is kind of in line with what the Adcom does for Darden, so my question was in line with that. So sort of trying to hear from an experienced opinion on what I intend to do. Lastly, she mentioned that decision will be provided in line with the timeline on the website which is March 31st for March 1 deadline."
5.8 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 8, 23
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jan 26, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"It was very conversational interview with the AdCom (over a coffee) She set the modality for the interview and told me about how she would be conducting the interview. 1. TMAY (Life story, background, experience and life outside of work) 2. Why I wanted to pursue an MBA? And why Darden? 3. Why I wanted to move into Consulting? (Had talked about this) 4. Experiences with DE&I (Had mentioned on my volunteering experiences) 5. General outlook on India and how I go about my role at work? 6. Questions for her I hope this helps. Fingers crossed now!"
5.6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 4, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 25, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had mine with a 2Y student, an Indian. She was nice. She told me the modalities and asked if I has any initial questions about the interview. Then we began the interview. The questions she ased include: 1. Tell me about yourself (chronologically). Here I told my story from childhood to why I considered an MBA. 2. She picked up a group community project I had mentioned, and she asked about my leadership style because I had told her I led my group. 3. Why Darden? 4. Questions I have for her. She responded really well."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 4, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 23
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interview done with Director of Admissions 1 . Let’s start tell me about your journey? 2. How do you handle 403 staffs? 3. Have you fired someone? How did it go? 4. Your hobbies? 5. Your STG and LTG? 6. Why Darden? 7. Any questions? Overall very friendly interview."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 30, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 30, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Just had my interview with a 2nd year student. All the same questions that are already posted over here. Introduction (Background, education, work), why Darden, community work, leadership experience and style. 35 minutes in total."
4.5 years
Pakistan
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 27, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 27, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interviewed with a second year student. The format was very conversational in nature. I started with my formative years and work experience. He interrupted me a few times to ask about places I worked in and my international experiences. We spoke about why I want to do an MBA and of course why Darden would be a great fit for me. We spoke about my values and hobbies. He asked about my views on DEI. He asked about what other schools I am considering and what are the top three things for me when selecting a school. He then gave me more background about himself and his own admissions experience. I asked him two questions and we concluded the interview. Overall advice-The Darden interview is a bit of a monologue however don't be afraid to veer a little off-course if that's what the interviewer wants. Best to prepare the following really well-childhood experiences and undergrad experiences that have molded you into the person you are, work experience, why MBA, why Darden, what do you do outside of work/hobbies and your core values. Good luck!"
Bangladesh
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 26, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 26, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Just had my interview, really conversational. Presented myself and then got asked follow-up questions to clarify parts of my career, goals, why mba, why darden, etc."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 25, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Just had mine on zoom with a second year student. Really nice guy, conversational in nature. Just make sure you prepare well for the introduce yourself at the beginning, and your why mba and why darden and goals are solid. I got 2 behavioral questions as well on diversity and how do you manage a conflict. And then a conversational Q&A at the end."
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Jan 4, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had a in person interview today in Delhi. Nice, free flowing conversation for 45 minutes. Tell me about yourself, why MBA, why Darden and then some qs related to my story and background. Additionally, a qs on how i resolve conflict, and then I asked 3 qs. I think minimal preparation will be the best for this interview - just need to be clear on the ’why’ of every thing- college majors, career, darden and post - MBA :)"
India
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Expect a 30-35min interview where you typically start with a 10-12 minute monologue about your journey till your MBA application. Following this, expect questions on the lines on why MBA, why Darden, short and long term goals. I’d recommend prepare hard on the why Darden question and mention interactions with the Darden community. Then, expect a couple of questions on the lines of a significant leadership experience and community involvement. Finally, make sure you utilize the time at the end to ask questions that cannot be found on the website and send a thoughtful thank you note."