Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 22:31 It is currently 03 May 2024, 22:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Send PM
Re: Short work experience - omit? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Daren65:

It's tricky but you could effectively say you did not feel it was appropriate to cite it given the extremely short-term nature of your time there. You could even go so far as to argue that the assignment was considered temporary. Even if they pick up on this omission, it's unlikely the school will rescind your acceptance.

For peace of mind, do not think about it now. If and when it comes up (and, again, that's unlikely) you can reach back out to us here for additional assistance.

Have faith,
Admissionado
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Short work experience - omit? [#permalink]
Admissionado

Yep. That's really my point - what are the odds of rescinding an offer in a scenario of omitting/lying by omission, shortly before the start of the program/while enrolling in a program?
I'm no legal expert, but a school pretty much exposes itself to legal liability in case they rescind an offer in a scenario like this. I mean, unless the school shows that it has applied a similar strict background check to each and every admit, one could argue that the school discriminates against that particular student that has omitted some info from his app.
Obviously, if one was straight up lying about his/her UG degree or mentioned a workplace he/she didn't work at then that's an entirely different scenario.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Send PM
Re: Short work experience - omit? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Daren65:

It's very hard to speculate about this generally, particularly with so many hypothetical variables.

If I were you, I would sit back and let things play out. If it comes to something this contested, you can always speak with counsel and determine the appropriate course of action at this time.

I know that may be unsettling, but your only other option is to put this short stint on your resume and play it out that way. That seems like the clearer way to put yourself in a bind.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9221 posts