Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 09:37 It is currently 20 May 2024, 09:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am up for anything. Iraq and Darfur excluded. Do you have any plans ?
Interested in south east asia or latin america ? Europe will be great but the exchange rate would stink. Maybe, we can show up at Lepium's door and start talking in broken spanish.

batchgmat wrote:
lhotseface wrote:
It's official. I will be umemployed on the 8th of May. I need to spend the next few weeks training some new folks. Looking forward to an eventful summer. If anyone wants to travel to exotic locations, get in touch.

Congrats! I'm in my final few weeks as well and thinking of doing some traveling. Where are you considering?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Interested in south east asia or latin america ? Europe will be great but the exchange rate would stink. Maybe, we can show up at Lepium's door and start talking in broken spanish.

Hey guys! I'm seriously considering some sort of tour in Argentina (and Lat Am.) during July. You are more than welcome to come visit. Beers are on me. Drop me a PM if you are headed this way.

Cheers. L.

PS: my pre-MBA tour around the world has been postponed due to lack of funds. So I'll stick with the regional tour.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
lhotseface wrote:

Hey guys! I'm seriously considering some sort of tour in Argentina (and Lat Am.) during July. You are more than welcome to come visit. Beers are on me. Drop me a PM if you are headed this way.

Cheers. L.

PS: my pre-MBA tour around the world has been postponed due to lack of funds. So I'll stick with the regional tour.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo envious.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot guyz. Was really overwhelmed to see such nice words of support :-D . Hope that things do go fine from here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I plan to work until the bitter end probably August 10. One great thing about my job is I will be pulling paychecks into next year. I am in sales so my commissions are for the current month are based on sales 90-120 days ago. I will really appreciate that check when I am burning the midnight oil as a full-time student.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just came back from a long weekend in NYC and looking at my visa bill... I think I will need to work an extra 2 weeks just to cover that. :(

At the same time, I'm looking for decently priced ticket to HK/China for end of june to end of july. If anyone will be in that area, we should definitely meet up.

So I'm really hoping to quit in May sometime... no date set yet, I'm trying to stay as long as I can to get some extra cash!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
At the same time, I'm looking for decently priced ticket to HK/China for end of june to end of july.

I was actually thinking about doing a trip like this as well. But it's been a bear to plan, so I'm not so sure anymore.

My plans for now are to leave work Aug 1, spend 10 days in Long Island for the family vacation (clay court tennis, sailing, waterskiing, body surfing--it's great), spend a week packing and moving to the Bay area and getting settled, then going to orientation Aug 20 and classes on Aug 27.

Exciting times!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Officially my last day is March 29th, but I am leaving for my Honeymoon on the 19th! So I have 22 working days left, Wha whooo!!!!!! Cannot wait :-D
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
UW's jump start week doesn't begin until September 10, therefore I have tenured my resignation for August 16th, just about four months from today :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
dart - here's wishing good health for your mom.

on the post - I quit some time ago, gave my boss plenty of notice because I handle a lot of stuff.

But things have been busy at work :( don't see it slackening in the next month...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just found out that I might be able to work from home the rest of the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I might not even quit my job then... let it ride into school... quit sometime later!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
WOW, congrats! how did you pull it off? did you tell? or deceive?

Cheers. L.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I gave my 2 months notice yesterday for June 15th. :)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sounds great...you will be in your ethics class while also working full time during school.

Sorry, couldn't resist....:) :) :)

rhyme wrote:
I just found out that I might be able to work from home the rest of the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I might not even quit my job then... let it ride into school... quit sometime later!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
WOW, congrats! how did you pull it off? did you tell? or deceive?

Cheers. L.

My new boss isn't in Chicago - and he doesnt seem to care if I'm working 1000 miles away from him at home or 1020 miles away from him in an office.
It helps that I'm the only Chicago employee on the guys team - so theres no real argument to make about being at work to interact with people. There's no one in the Chicago office I'd be interacting with.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

Thats great Rhyme....Getting some dough during the Bschool( even for a few months ) might be awesome..

cheers
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ozmba2006 wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Thats great Rhyme....Getting some dough during the Bschool( even for a few months ) might be awesome..

cheers

I hope it works out :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4