Last visit was: 12 Jun 2024, 18:07 It is currently 12 Jun 2024, 18:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Debriefs - Period! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey guys, wanted to share my experience with gmat. Took it in January 2014 - 610. Devastated by my score didnt really apply anywhere and finished my bachelor's degree with vague ideas about my future. Later on, after coming back home prepared for about a 1.5 months. Got 640 and 710 on Gmat Prep on the first two days of preparation, so felt deceptively good regarding my prospects.

Did not learn by heart or study hard through the whole Manhattan Gmat course. But I did read all the books, the math is explained really well there, if anyone is interested. Doing as many problems as I could (bought 450 problems on Gmat prep) I started being more detail-oriented which I am sure largely helped me in my verbal section during the actual exam. Took 6 Manhattan Tests. Quite a few of them seemed incredibly hard, especially the Q and IR parts. Remember taking a break on one of those exams between Q and V and thinking that I have never felt so exhausted while taking an exam. Nonetheless, it appeared that I had gotten the best score out of all my attempts in Manhattan (690). Felt a clear pattern (at least in the Q section). If I felt that the question were really hard and I did not manage them well, then the score was higher then in the cases I was sure of my good Q score.
All in all my manhattan Prep scores were:
03 December 620
4 December 680
6 December 640
8 December 680
9 December 690
10 December 650

I also did Princeton and Kaplan Gmat, both 670. In the end, I took the exam on the 14th of December. Was extremely nervous, did not sleep well, texting with my bf telling him to calm me down :P
Scored 710 (Q48, V39). Was happy to tears when saw the result. I thought my heart was going to flip out.

All I can say is that be very attentive and practice, practice, practice. Try to calm yourself down by breathing deeply on the exam? or eating chocolate (that was my way, love sweets, so I deprived myself from them for a week prior to the exam and bought my favourite snacks for the exam itself :). Use all the breaks, it will let your body and mind be on the same level.
Waiting for the responses from Sloan, ESADE, Carroll, RSM, Bocconi and Imperial. Would be happy to chat with the applicants who have already been admitted to one of those schools or just regular fellow candidates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
After deciding to apply to b-school, had two weeks to prep for the last GMAT test slot to make application deadline. Scored 500 on practice test. Did 8 more practice tests using Kaplan and Princeton Review and Barrons self study guides and got to 680 day before test. Got 720 on day of test. Made deadline. Admitted to HBS and Stanford.

So 9 practice tests and 1 real test in 15 day period. Brutal but worth it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
IvyMBA28983 wrote:
After deciding to apply to b-school, had two weeks to prep for the last GMAT test slot to make application deadline. Scored 500 on practice test. Did 8 more practice tests using Kaplan and Princeton Review and Barrons self study guides and got to 680 day before test. Got 720 on day of test. Made deadline. Admitted to HBS and Stanford.

Wow, congrats!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73586 [0]
Given Kudos: 19095
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
We have updated the list of the Best Debriefs for 2021 in the first post.
Thank you to everyone who posted your debriefs on GMAT Club! I really appreciate the contribution and inspiration you have provided for all of us!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q161 V161
Send PM
Thanks for story. I'll follow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Kudos
I waste a lot of time dreaming about telling my future gmat success story lol
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 1781 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Expert Reply
IvyMBA28983 wrote:

That's cool to see.

People often ask, "Can I get to 700+ within short time frame x?" Now, when I say, "Well, anything is possible," I'll have this story in mind.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4 
Moderator:
Founder
37644 posts