Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:48 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
navy01 wrote:
Xion,

Did you get any notification yet? I noticed you submitted in April.

Nope, no notice yet. But I had to wait for my NYU transcripts to show my econ degree was conferred so I technically submitted on May 17th or so. I'm expecting to hear from them next week (hopefully!)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Xion,

I submitted on the 14th or 15th of May. I didn't get a confirmation email until the 22nd, even though everything was in. I wonder what my true date of submission is. Hopefully the 15th. I wasn't expecting anything from them until late June but this board has given me hope. Did they notify you of an incomplete application package regarding your transcript.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ya, they notified me within a few days of my submission that I was missing a piece of my app. I do know they're short one staff member in the admissions office so we'll probably know by the middle of the month, maybe later. Cross your fingers!

I also told them I'd go to any program (night, weekend, westchester) but I work on campus so I'll probably be one of the last to know ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The wait is on [#permalink]
I see some movement. First I got an email saying that one of my reco is old and that has been taken care. After that today I got an email saying that they need copies of my degree. I just sent them through over night fedex.

Hopefully I will hear the positive news. I opted for westchester as I live near by.

Good luck folks.

Regards
RC
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone have an update?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
None [#permalink]
I am just waiting. Now NYU says they have received the requested additional documents.

Hope for the best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Waiting sucks. I really hope they have all my stuff. I got the email saying they did but I just have this bad feeling that I will get another email requesting more info.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
All is quiet here too. I've been checking my email more often than I should. :) No word from the school at all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
sg nyc,

When did you submit your application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wait wait [#permalink]
Yup, Same here, I have been checking my emails quite frequently.

Looking forward to it.

I submitted on 10th April and received 2 emails asking for more documents and I took care of that.

As of 6/13, they have everything.

Good luck guys.

RC
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have submitted my application on May 2. On May 8 I received the email from NYU with my Status Check login information. I haven't heard from them since.

I am slightly concerned that they might consider my application incomplete. A few years ago I took some studies abroad, for which I do not have an original transcript - only a notarized copy. So far they haven't told me that they want the originals. Hope they are ok with the copies.

Good luck to everyone!

navy01 wrote:
sg nyc,

When did you submit your application?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interesting. I saw somewhere on this thread that someone was already admitted and they applied on May 10th.

I wonder how there process works. Do they screen for top candidates and send out admissions letters and then go back and look at the other candidates?

I also wonder how they determine your official application date. Is it when they have all your information or when you submit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I wouldn't be too worried at this moment. The office seemed pretty darn crazy when I was over there last week (some father was freaking out that his daughter landed on the FT wait list). I bet you'll have an answer by the end of next week.

I bet they're trying to balance all of the program option enrollments before they start to admit most of us. Of course my situation is a little different because I'm an employee of the university so I'll probably be the last to know if I'm in or not :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Typically, the Langone Program has about 1000 applicants for the fall semester. Since they review your application in the order in which it was received, I was wondering where I stand on that list and how long that list is.

This is highly speculative but I think I may have figured it out. The last three numbers for my password on the "check your status webpage" are in the upper 700s. Given the fact that I applied on the 15th of May, that number makes sense especially if they were short on applications. Since they are still accepting applications a month after the deadline, I think this may be the case. That said, the password is probably randomly generated and the fact that my last three digits are in the uppers 700s is probably a coincidence.

This is the kind of stuff I think about when waiting to here about the decision.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Xion,

Are you serious? Someone's father was raising hell about their kid being waitlisted. That sounds very elementary to me. That is funny. I am 28 and can't imagine sending Daddy into an MBA admissions office.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ya - he was pissed off that they wait listed her and was demanding to go back and talk to someone. Then they suggested she re-apply to the part-time program!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Langone fall 2007 [#permalink]
Hi Navy,

I applied on April 10th and last 3 digits of password is low 800.

I am not sure of the theory, but for sure office is busy in processing the applications.

We shuuld hear soon.

RC
GMAT Club Bot
Langone fall 2007 [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24