Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 13:10 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 13:10
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1653 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dear Desiguy,
It probably takes the typical student about 70 hours to go through the course, taking into account that some lessons are seen more than once, and others are paused and replayed several times.
The Barron's book is very good for a classroom course because it allows the teacher to teach one sentence correction problem at a time, before explaining how to deal with multiple problems in a question. I can understand that the book is not appropriate outside of a class, except for some review at the beginning of the sections. However, it is the very best book for sentence correction for an in-depth course like ours.
The best of luck studying for the test.
Leanna
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great improvements at GMAX Online! [#permalink]
Hi everyone,
In the past few weeks we have made several improvements to the GMAX Online GMAT course.
1- If you have ever tried to watch the demo lesson at https://www.gmaxonline.com and couldn't, now we can send you a link to download to your computer, so you can watch it without the internet.
2- If you have a slow internet connection but need the course, we are now selling it on CDs. The same conditions apply: 90 views with no time limit. You must be connected to the internet to log on before you can view each lesson, but then you work offline.
3- If you finish the course, take the test, and get the grade you need, but still have unused licenses, you can sell them or give them to a friend to finish. The course works from any computer, and is not limited to the one you registered from. Simply give over your user name, email address and password to the new user.
4- If you only need one part of the course but not both, you can contact the school (very early mornings EST, Sunday through Friday), and buy the half you need for $225-. You will receive 45 licenses instead of ninety, and two CAT tests, instead of the three CAT tests we provide to students of the full course ($399-).
I hope these advances help those interested in studying properly for the GMAT, and allows people to take the course no matter what internet connection they have.
Leanna
Director,
GMAX
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Questions regarding GMAX Online Full course [#permalink]
Hi Leanna,

I am keen on GMAX Online`s Full course but had few questions before purchasing them online. I already sent my questions via email to info@gmaxonline.com yesterday and still awaiting reply. I am sorry for being in a hurry. Actually, I am planning for gmat on 28 July; have changed my work routine from full-time to part-time recently but having hard time to put study hours. Thats why, I am looking forward very much for a prep course, badly.

Please let me know if you need me to send questions to any other email address. I would be very grateful. Thank you very much for your attention.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just took the GMAT and only did the first 2/3 of the GMAX course. It kinda depends on just how much prep you wish to do. I started with my GMAT only 6 weeks away, and felt the pace was fine, if a bit relentless.

leanna wrote:
Dear Desiguy,
It probably takes the typical student about 70 hours to go through the course, taking into account that some lessons are seen more than once, and others are paused and replayed several times.
Leanna
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
What is so special in gmaxonline which others like Kaplan, don't have??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Why is GMAX Online different? [#permalink]
Dear Satija,
GMAX Online is based on a different model than almost any other course: we actually teach everything you need to know for the GMAT. We do not assume that you already have all the information and only need a quick review and some strategies. Because of this, our students gain a complete background and are on the correct level to do really well on the test.
Our course is very long - it takes about 67 hours to go through the lessons and many more hours to do the practice tests we give. You will see that other courses have many fewer hours. Check it out. The reason we have such long lessons, and so many of them, is that you need each bit of information given during the lessons. The entire course is derived from the GMAT, so there is no wasted time.
Also, there is no time limit at all: there are 90 licenses for the 30 lessons - you can take any lesson over and over again within this limit.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Leanna
Director,
GMAX
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q780 V540
Send PM
[#permalink]
Leanna,
What is the cost of the course? I couldn't open the site https://www.gmaxonlline.com/.

can you provide more details?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q780 V540
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry,
I am able to browse the site now and got the details. Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]