Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 11:27 It is currently 21 May 2024, 11:27
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks...I may need to change my screen name to futuredardenmba ;-) . Our family vacation is planned around my mom's birthday which is August 8th
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Madatory pre-term at Wharton starts August 1st! Pelihu, I was wondering this as well. My guess is that there are 2 reasons: there is a pre-term fee which school charges on top of tuition and also 2nd years don't start till september.

pelihu wrote:
School starts 8/20 at Darden, but there is a mandatory orientation BBQ on 8/17 (I don't think they will kick you out if you miss it though).

What really gets me are the schools that have mandatory pre-matriculation courses weeks in advance. Seriously, why don't they just call that the start of classes if it is mandatory.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I noticed Anderson starts in Oct. Weird . . . That might be nice, but I believe they also graduate mid June.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
I noticed Anderson starts in Oct. Weird . . . That might be nice, but I believe they also graduate mid June.

Yeah, they are on the quarter system. As an undergrad there, I can tell you that the late start is pretty nice, and the quarter system allows you to have a worry free winter break (don't know if that's true for b-school) because you are between quarters. However, it really sucks when everyone else is done for the summer and you still have 4-6 weeks to go. I imagine it will really really suck at the very end when everyone is moving along to a paying job.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
MIT: Preterm (optional) - 20th August
Orientation (mandatory) - 27th August

But you have to show up at school by the 24th to matriculate even if you didn't sign up for pre-term.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh well, not everyone can go to Duke :wink: :wink:

futuredukemba wrote:
Thanks...I may need to change my screen name to futuredardenmba ;-) . Our family vacation is planned around my mom's birthday which is August 8th
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Insead:

Voluntary Pre-term: August 19
Mandatory Orientation: August 27
Classes: Sept 3
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just in case you really want to take a long summer vacation next year, UW doesn't officially begin until September 17th. We have an optional one week boot camp and career workshop from the 10th.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
HBS starts Sept. 4th, right after Labor day. There are some courses going on since about July 20th (preMba for internationals and Analytics), although these are mandatory only for the people who are told to attend (not my case).

L.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
For the Mandatory pre-term at Wharton that starts August 1st. Does it go all the way up until regular classes start? Or is there a break between pre-term and regular classes?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rajpdsouza wrote:
For the Mandatory pre-term at Wharton that starts August 1st. Does it go all the way up until regular classes start? Or is there a break between pre-term and regular classes?

The Whartonians are already slugging it out at boot camp? Those kids really don't waste much time. :shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
rajpdsouza wrote:

The Whartonians are already slugging it out at boot camp? Those kids really don't waste much time. :shock:

You're telling me. :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rajpdsouza wrote:

It goes almost all the way up. At the end of August we all go on a Learning team retreat for 2 days. For those of you who don't know - everyone is assigned into a learning team , a group of 5-6 people who will spend the next year working together on all group projects.

I was not excited about having my summer cut short but actually pre-term has been a blast so far. It is a great way to meet your classmates and get to know them better before "real" classes start.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]