Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 13:16 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 13:16
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q780 V540
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GRE 1: Q780 V540
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pavan1984,
I am yet to start my preperation. Hence treat this as ones's opinion. Please look at others debriefs and plot your own.

I also request other's to suggest/enhance this plan

I am naive for GMAT prep either, but, as I see this forum on a daily basis, i can give some inputs. However, there are many people in this forum to suggest exactly to your situation.

To my knowlledge, looks like you did not get fundas.. And would have been tensed in exam..

start with funda books first -
A. manhattan for SC, princeton, Kaplan 800 for verbal,
B. OG, and some paper tests

In above prep:
1. Don't just understand the correct answers, also try to understand why the incorrect answers were incorrect.
2. Some times more than one answer is correct. It is just that we need to find the choice which makes more appropriate and simple to the context. In this case, we need to choose the best answer. I see similar questions in California car driving test; you need to chose the high prioritized answer.
3. Error log - browse thru this forum and read all debriefs adn see how they maintain error logs.
4. While doing OG, you can find the area you are weak in. do some more work on the weak areas.
5. overall, do questions daily and track your progress and time. Spend as much time as possible for each question during beginning days, if you dont understand. Doesnt matter if it takes 20 mins. just understand the in and out of each question. If you are still not comfortable with some of answers on how they are correct/incorrect, then post it in forums.
Some people say to get remaining 7 manhattan books in addition to SC. you can also do that, but i am not sure.
6. As you work thru the questions, you should see the difference in time taken and accuracy.

**** RCs -- browse this forum to find how RCs are being cracked. chose the method that is convenient to you. If it doesn't work, try another method.

Then take 1 powerprep, 1 GMATprep, 1 MGMAT test. powerprep is for practice and gmatprep and MGMAT are for actual assessment.

In above tests, you should be able get at least 65-75%ile If not, post here how much your progress is and how did you do the prep in detail. People out here will be able to suggest you

find your weak areas from above tests, look for a good book in that area and read it.

do 1000's in all areas (esp. in SC, CR and RC), -- follow the timing here
solve questions in this forum.
solve paper tests

do 2-3 MGMAT exams. IF no expected progress is reached, then you need to look back at your prep method, not the materials.

****Anytime in your prep, when you are at 90% in quant, buy GMATCLUB forum tests and solve them.

if you are okay to move, So do GMATPREP1 reinstall, GMATprep2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Tuck, Kellogg, Darden, Duke, NYU, Columbia
Send PM
[#permalink]
MGMAT ..all of the books are great. You HAVE to get the foundations cemented into your head. The Questions are hard enough on their own, missing any rules makes them impossible.

Also I would suggest study and not worry about your retest date, no need to have the added pressue. Sign up when you have the basics nailed.

good luck
Mindy
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]