Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 18:44 It is currently 03 May 2024, 18:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Stern/NYU Applicants [#permalink]
nyrberg wrote:
gmat_march, really scary post. It sounds like you have a very strong profile and enough to separate yourself from the notorious Indian IT demographic. Sorry to hear that you went through so much trouble with the transcripts to end up with the dreaded ding. Keep your head up though and hopefully something will work out. Where else did you apply?

Ooops ... I cam across a bit wrong .. I have apped. in Stern R2, I was ousting my frustration over my Columbia ding way early in the season ... vchhaochharia's post reminded me of that.
I am waitlisted at Cornell, was dinged at Ross & Columbia, and have app'ed to Duke & Stern in R2.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Heads up vchhaochharia - I've had 2 dings without interview. The second one is considerably easier to digest :( There is no such thing as a "safe" school anymore. What are the other schools that youve applied to ?

vchhaochharia wrote:
That is very true. Stern was the only school to have asked for an original transcript as part of the initial application itself, and getting that was pretty painful from India. Essay 3 and all the effort that goes behind is well acknowledged anyways. Moreover, Stern is one of the few schools which specifically ask what kind of effort did we make to learn more about the school, and if you are in the US, in turn implies that you have to visit the school.
The other reason I am feeling very low right now is because I was considering Stern as a relatively 'safe' school and being dinged without an interview sends very wrong signals. I am still trying to be optimistic and the next few weeks will be key...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
The other schools I have applied to are HBS, Columbia, Chicago and Wharton
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
My fault gmat_march. I misread your post. Any idea when interview invites start being released for R2 Stern applicants?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Thank you for applying to NYU Stern. You will receive an email from NYU Stern MBA Admissions within the next 7 - 10 business days confirming the receipt of your application and providing you with a password to our secure Application Status Check website. Please note that application receipts will not be emailed prior to the application deadline. This site will allow you to monitor the status of your application throughout the admissions process. This site is available 24 hours a day and reflects the current status of your application. You will be notified via email when your status has been updated. The site is continuously updated, but it may take up to 10 business days for information to be posted once we receive it, including your supplemental materials.

This is the confirmation mail that I got after submitting my application. It has been 12 business days but I still have not received the password for the status check. Anyone else got it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
nupurgupt wrote:
Thank you for applying to NYU Stern. You will receive an email from NYU Stern MBA Admissions within the next 7 - 10 business days confirming the receipt of your application and providing you with a password to our secure Application Status Check website. Please note that application receipts will not be emailed prior to the application deadline. This site will allow you to monitor the status of your application throughout the admissions process. This site is available 24 hours a day and reflects the current status of your application. You will be notified via email when your status has been updated. The site is continuously updated, but it may take up to 10 business days for information to be posted once we receive it, including your supplemental materials.

This is the confirmation mail that I got after submitting my application. It has been 12 business days but I still have not received the password for the status check. Anyone else got it?

It took 17 days for the status change in my case. So, don't worry about it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
nupurgupt wrote:

I applied on 1/6 and got the status check link/password on 1/10

https://applicant.stern.nyu.edu/statuscheck/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Thanks guys!
I guess I'll contact them if I don't hear by end of next week.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I've got mine as well. Contact them next week if you dont receive it by Monday.

nupurgupt wrote:
Thanks guys!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V38
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
I've got mine as well. Contact them next week if you dont receive it by Monday.

nupurgupt wrote:
Thanks guys!

Thanks! Will do
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nupurgupt wrote:
Thanks guys!

I haven't received mine as well.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
pretty quiet here?

anyway, does anyone have any idea what are the chances if put on the waitlist for stern? how many do they usually put on the waitlist, and what % of waitlist ultimately enroll?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I didn't recieve mine either. guess i'll have to shoot them an e-mail soon.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Man NYU has some slack ad-com. Its been 3 weeks now and some people haven't even received a "complete" status, with their username and password. Chicago's been sending out interview decisions in 20 days....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V38
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Man NYU has some slack ad-com. Its been 3 weeks now and some people haven't even received a "complete" status, with their username and password. Chicago's been sending out interview decisions in 20 days....

lol.....true true
but they are really good when you visit
that's what sold me on applying
it was very well organized
and i especially liked how isser gallogly conducted everything
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got my app. complete/status check link/passwd today.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Me too!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  26