Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 09:58 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 09:58
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT 4 Weeks Away - Need a Fair Assessment! [#permalink]
Thanks for the input! As I'm going through my error log w/ OG, I make note of the topic of the questions I got wrong and it's more specific topic. It's much easier to learn from my mistakes in Quant, but how do you go about doing it for Verbal?

For example, I find that I'm messing up a lot in Argument Evaluation - how does one study and improve upon that topic?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Marketing & General Management
Schools:University of Michigan - Ross 2010
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Kudos
Usually what I observe, myself included, the real tests yields a score very close to (+/- 20 points) of your GMATPrep and Manhattan GMAT averages. That said, I'd definitely recommend the challenges to move your score up a tad. You have 4 weeks, which is plenty of time to seriously improve certain areas.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Writing back to say that I'm about 3 weeks away from test day and I need more input:

Any advice on how can I work the Challenges into my schedule if I work full time? I still have not purchased them and I'm debating whether I should, and I have about 1/3 of the OG left to complete. What are your suggestions?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 547 [0]
 Q50  V45
Send PM
I think the challenges are really geared towards 48+ quant scores. In your case I would really drill the OG problems and make sure you have the basics down cold for the test. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
Tangaroo, In addition to other suggestions, I would suggest you to take couple of CATS around the same time you have your GMAT scheduled. That will get you into an habit of being mentally active during that particular time of day. Good luck
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quick update, and a little bit of frustration - what do you think now?

See my previous CAT scores above. Since then, I've scored a 660 on a MGMAT last week, I took a PowerPrep this past Sat and scored 650 and then I took a MGMAT the day after and scored 580! The weird thing is that I was feeling pretty confident about the MGMAT as I was doing it.

I know you guys say that MGMAT is not that accurate, but still pretty good - what do you think about this huge drop? Any thoughts or suggestions? I feel like I'm running out of time now that I have less than 2 weeks left.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
I wouldn't get upset about the drop. That's why it is probably best to stay away from those cats because they will blow your confidence, especially before a test. Stick to official sources GMATPREP, and to some degree PP
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have time before the test for 4 more CATs (two this upcoming weekend, 2 more the next weekend) - what should I do? Take the other PP, retake GMATPrep 1 and do GMATPrep 2 - then I still need one more!

Should the MGMAT be used more for timed practice then? And I still have some paper ones for during the week practice.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37598 posts