Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 04:29 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 04:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 547 [0]
 Q50  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Re: Please suggest guys.... [#permalink]
Jacky, can you get the MGMAT SC book? It is very useful. It works with the OGs by assigning questions from the OG 11 & Verbal. I really liked it but I didn't really study that much verbal for my GMAT. I studied mostly quant because this was my weak area.
And take it again in few weeks. Don't take too much time off, only a little.
Just a suggestion

T
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth, Stern, Haas
Send PM
As you've said the main problem for you is stress. Next time try to calm yourself down, you are under pressure because you think that you can fail with test, that if you miss some questions you will loose points and it will affect your application and all thoughts of that sort will draw away your attention on test day, so I strongly reccomend you to approach it other way, just think what you loose even if you get 300, nothing!, you can try it next time. just look at that as if it is another kind of standartized test you had in college.
But it doesn't mean you should neglect it, during preperation you must work at full capacity I mean you should spend all your free time on preperation since it is the only time you have before test, and if you prepare sufficiently you will be rewarded.
Just don't think too much about aftermath of test, focus on test itself not the consequences.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also, do you guys recommend that I take a break and then start fresh after 2-3 months and should I go ahead and give it in the next month or so?
I just dont feel motivated to get back to the GMAT books.

Any suggestions?

-Jack
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Jack!

I know how you are feeling, I took a few CAT tests before taking the actual GMAT and I scored alot lower. I'm not going to say my score because its quite embarrassing. :oops: But I do relate my performance was due to the anxiety that I got on the test of the day.

But I just retook the test, I made sure that I didnt review any material a day before and I went to bed early. The following day, I made sure that when the anxiety kick in during the test, I took a deep breath, relaxed and refocused. I did much better than the first time, the score was 200 points better. Its not the score that I want but I know my score reflected what I put in and believe me I didnt study enough.

But in my opinion, I think the best thing you can tell yourself is not to give up....if you need a break for a week, go for it. However, I don't suggest taking a long break because you might forget some material. Or what you can do is during that break just review 5 mins here and 5 mins there so you dont forget and once you are ready you can study harder!

Good Luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37580 posts