Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 08:39 It is currently 07 May 2024, 08:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5015 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Any real chances to get into Baruch??? [#permalink]
what is the point of matriculating into a non ranked MBA program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
its cheap!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 952 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Trust me it might sound cheap now, but five years down the line you'll be regretting this. Going for the cheapest option especially when it comes to an MBA education is not the best option by far.

Remember it is very competitive in the job market and one important thing they look at to even give you the time of day is what school you went to.If you have students from a top[ program applying and you have someone from a non ranked school apply who do you think is most likely to be offered the role.

In my opinion, invest your time and effort in your pursuit (remember your pursuit is only short term it doesn't last forever but your MBA will. Also its not just a piece of paper you will be receiving to say you have and MBA, it's the quality of people you meet, the experiences, The clubs societies you join and learn from, The quality of staff and teaching and the alumni all this makes a top MBA program worthwhile.

If you are serious I'll say invest the time and effort into pursuing an MBA from a top school and you be saying to yourself 5 - 10 years down the line -or even earlier - that it is one of the best decisions you've ever made. Remeber alot of the students who attend a top programme are able to pay off their loans off within 3 years.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
LOL. . .I'm finding this conversation all too funny. The big question is why are you getting an MBA in the first place? If you are trying to advance in your current career and company, I think it doesn't matter where you are going to get your MBA. If you are looking to change careers to something very competitive like Finance, Account, Marketing . . .then you may want to re-evaluate your choices and choose the school that would help you attain the level and ultimately the salary to get the return on your investment. Quite frankly, Baruch is a great option if you will be staying local to the NYC area. Many of the companies that recruit from NYU and Columbia also recruit from Baruch, Pace, Fordham and Hofstra (all inexpensive options in comparison to the top schools). I believe that Baruch will have a problem with your GPA and GMAT. If you can reach the mid 500s to low 600s, you may stand a chance. It is a difficult school to get into. Last I checked their part-time program was ranked in the top 20 in the country. Do not sleep.

At the end of the day, you have to do what works for you. People on here kill me. It is clearly not all about the school, otherwise job descriptions would read "People with MBA from non-top schools NEED NOT APPLY" . . .if in after 5 years of your having your MBA you haven't gotten the experience you were looking for or the pay, you clearly need to work on promoting your own self-brand. Its on you. . .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
humbled4real wrote:
LOL. . .I'm finding this conversation all too funny. The big question is why are you getting an MBA in the first place? If you are trying to advance in your current career and company, I think it doesn't matter where you are going to get your MBA. If you are looking to change careers to something very competitive like Finance, Account, Marketing . . .then you may want to re-evaluate your choices and choose the school that would help you attain the level and ultimately the salary to get the return on your investment. Quite frankly, Baruch is a great option if you will be staying local to the NYC area. Many of the companies that recruit from NYU and Columbia also recruit from Baruch, Pace, Fordham and Hofstra (all inexpensive options in comparison to the top schools). I believe that Baruch will have a problem with your GPA and GMAT. If you can reach the mid 500s to low 600s, you may stand a chance. It is a difficult school to get into. Last I checked their part-time program was ranked in the top 20 in the country. Do not sleep.

At the end of the day, you have to do what works for you. People on here kill me. It is clearly not all about the school, otherwise job descriptions would read "People with MBA from non-top schools NEED NOT APPLY" . . .if in after 5 years of your having your MBA you haven't gotten the experience you were looking for or the pay, you clearly need to work on promoting your own self-brand. Its on you. . .

Thank You! very true!

bmwhype2 wrote:
what is the point of matriculating into a non ranked MBA program?

And why does that matter to you? I can see the importance of getting into a top ranked school...but what if it's just not possible for some ppl? I think it's disrespectful and just plain rude for ppl to have this image of other ppl because they are going to a non-ranked school. but hey, that's your opinion and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't bother.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
Everybody, calm down. What bmw said wasn't meant to be rude or judgmental. He was just being more direct, not sugar-coating the situation.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37403 posts