Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 21:36 It is currently 22 May 2024, 21:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Send PM
Re: R2 waitlist strategy, tactics and "support" [#permalink]
I heard that chances of getting off the waitlist in W is not that bad though.. so, good luck for all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
I wonder how long a waitlist update letter is allowed to be. Anyone have any wisdom?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Send PM
hi bherronp,

I really don't know (since both schools that waitlisted me don't really allow any updates). But here are my 2 cents, I think it shouldn't be more than 1 page (roughly), or maybe you can always check the school's application essays.. the waitlist letter shouldn't be longer than the longest essay there (for instance, the longest essay has a 600-word limit, I say.. stick with that, or go lower)..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I just got waitlisted at MIT today. Anybody have any ideas on what to do? I am also WL at NYU where they seem very open to updates/letters of intent. At MIT the policy is much more opaque and I am not sure what is appropriate. I am planning on staying shy of 500 words on both of my letters. I don't want to seem desperate while seeming interested at the same time. :shock:

Whole waitlist thing is pretty crazy and seems like a crapshoot as far as I am concerned.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
bee186 wrote:
hi bherronp,

I really don't know (since both schools that waitlisted me don't really allow any updates). But here are my 2 cents, I think it shouldn't be more than 1 page (roughly), or maybe you can always check the school's application essays.. the waitlist letter shouldn't be longer than the longest essay there (for instance, the longest essay has a 600-word limit, I say.. stick with that, or go lower)..

Hmm Chicago's longest essay is 1500 words. Right now my letter is like 1100 words, but I am sure I can cut down. I have just been kind of spewing out everything I can think of right now, and then ill trim it back.
Current Student
Send PM
I have no idea what to put on my stanford waitlist letter..grr. I dont have any major updates since I applied Jan 7....What are you guys doing?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
any movement ????

me planning to submit my update to Haas this week
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hi everyone,

thought i'll put my doubts out there...seems like u guys have been thru this before...
i am a re-app...last year got no love from any of the schools i applied to....not their fault...my app wasn't competitive enough... this year i have completely revamped the app from gmat to essays to recos...

Now the tough part..
1) got WL at Duke on 11/14---got dinged on 12/18 inspite of submitting an addnl reco. on 12/8
2) got WL at CMU on 12/19....don;t wanna blow this..

have applied to cornell and UT already...
and am planning to apply to columbia and ross.. what is it that is hampering my candidacy at this point.... i just don't wanna take chances given CBS and ross are more competitive than duke or cmu....is it bad luck that i belong to the indian candidate pool in the toughest app year 2009...
mind you however, i do not belong to IT....i am in telecom...covering all domains of telecom...also have been a traveller all my life...unlike many others (i have had 20-22 official residences in 27 years now)
profile 27/m/740/good scores from not a great undergrad institute/3.76 GPA in MS from LSU/ECs and social service....and extensive travelling as i mentioned above....also played national squash...district level badminton and basketball....

any advice would be welcome....thanks to all in advance..
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2