Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 22:20 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 22:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: University of Toronto - Dean Roger Martin Forum [#permalink]
Something interesting about UofT that I've heard around my company is that we stopped recruiting there because grads had too-high expectations on salary and compensation. (For the most part though, I think it's just my company's unwillingness pay to market price.) Most of the MBAs who get hired here tend to come from other schools in the province, or McGill.

I think this just means that graduating from UofT means you're more likely to end up working in finance (Bay Street), consulting, or the Canadian division of a large multi-national with more established jobs/rotations for MBAs. There are a LOT of other schools in the province churning out MBAs that seem to feed the rest of the city's business needs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I second fooFighter's request. I'm applying to Toronto, so I'd love any info on the school. Many thanks!
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
I have added some thoughts from the session - I am happy to share entertain specific questions if folks have any on Rotman. I cant say I know everything about it, but I might be better placed than most to answer them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thanks again, sm!

I also got the feeling from my research that U of T is on the move up. It opens all the necessary doors in that nearly every big name financial/consulting firm recruits there. Ivey is the only other school in Canada that comes close, and to date I've been a bit dubious about its one year program (I'm a career changer) and its location.
Current Student
Send PM
Actually - I should have added this in my note.

Dean Martin addressed this during a question about 'whether Rotman would consider moving/adding a 12 month program'

His response was quite emphatic, 'NO, at least not under my watch!'

His reasons were as follows:

1. Not enough time for students to reflect on what they are learning/doing and consequently diminished returns.
2. The summer internship is crucial for career changers and even those who may want to try something new.
3. Although time is of critical importance, if you are so overwhelmed in your 12 months that you get no time for anything other than academics and placements - then it really eliminates many other attributes of a good program.

I liked that he never once mentioned anything about Ivey. Again, dignified response when he could have taken some shots at Ivey.

Kylian wrote:
Thanks again, sm!

I also got the feeling from my research that U of T is on the move up. It opens all the necessary doors in that nearly every big name financial/consulting firm recruits there. Ivey is the only other school in Canada that comes close, and to date I've been a bit dubious about its one year program (I'm a career changer) and its location.
GMAT Club Bot