Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 08:23 It is currently 23 May 2024, 08:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
unfortunately my place is still not selling... will probably work 1-2 weeks part time after I get back till the end of June, and that's it... house sold or not.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
unfortunately my place is still not selling... will probably work 1-2 weeks part time after I get back till the end of June, and that's it... house sold or not.

sorry to hear, i rented out my place... annoying but not the end of the world
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
kryzak wrote:

Are people at least looking at it. Our house has been shown a bunch but things really have slowed down saleswise in our area. As long as people keep looking I am confident we can get rid of it...especially if we drop our price in a few more weeks. We actually had three showings this week and another tomorrow or saturday.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
people are looking at it, but no bids (not even lowball bids) yet. A similar condo in my complex just sold for about 12K under my list price, but 2 other equivalent condos are still on the market with the same list price (and my place should sell easier than theirs due to various reasons). So I'm still patient at this point. at the 30 day mark, I'll have to re-discuss with my realtor on what to do next (lower price or something else).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
people are looking at it, but no bids (not even lowball bids) yet. A similar condo in my complex just sold for about 12K under my list price, but 2 other equivalent condos are still on the market with the same list price (and my place should sell easier than theirs due to various reasons). So I'm still patient at this point. at the 30 day mark, I'll have to re-discuss with my realtor on what to do next (lower price or something else).

We finally got one offer after 90 days on the market. It was a massive lowball offer, so we countered halfway (still a low price) and they walked.

Our story is similar to Kryzak and River, some decent foot traffic but no real offers. We just dropped again, which is our final price drop. If it doesn't sell, we will let it sit unoccupied for a few months hoping to sell. Renting will be difficult as its a condo with a board that is crazy about limiting the number of units for rent.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
So in Kellogg news, KWEST registration is closed...there is still a WL but thats just going to have the left overs. I must say its impressive that in two weeks they filled up 30+ trips with 20 people or so each.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
KWEST trips have been announced, so far CFAmiami and I have both gotten our first choices...hopefully the rest of you do too.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
KWEST trips have been announced, so far CFAmiami and I have both gotten our first choices...hopefully the rest of you do too.

Hi everyone!!

First post since I left the US. Hollering from Siem Reap, Cambodia as I wait for my bus to Phnom Penh.

Got my first choice for KWEST as well and will be shredding powder in Argentina!

Hope everyone's summer is going well! Look forward to seeing everyone in a couple months!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Awesome Steel! Was hoping to go to Cambodia myself but didn't pan out (plane tickets were too expensive from Taipei)... Have a great time for the both of us!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Steel wrote:

Hi everyone!!

First post since I left the US. Hollering from Siem Reap, Cambodia as I wait for my bus to Phnom Penh.

Got my first choice for KWEST as well and will be shredding powder in Argentina!

Hope everyone's summer is going well! Look forward to seeing everyone in a couple months!!

Excellent! Did you get a chance to visit Ta Prohm? The trees growing fomr out of the temple were amazing. I found it much more amazing than Angkor Wat.
Seeing as you're going to Phnom Penh, i highly recommend visiting the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S-21) very harrowing, but well worth it because visiting helps to keep the place open so that others can learn about it.

If you want to relax, get the bus down to the coast, sihanoukville is relaxing... although it was building up when I was there (2004), parts of the beach were deserted then, that may not be the case anymore.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
So far all of us gmatclubbers are on different trips. I am excited about this...though the first few days back are going to be tough.
Current Student
 Q49  V41
Send PM
togafoot wrote:

Excellent! Did you get a chance to visit Ta Prohm? The trees growing fomr out of the temple were amazing. I found it much more amazing than Angkor Wat.
Seeing as you're going to Phnomenocide Museum (S-21) very harrowing, but well worth it because visiting helps to keep the place open so that others can learn about it.

If you want to relax, get the bus down to the coast, sihanoukville is relaxing... although it was building up when I was there (2004), parts of the beach were deserted then, that may not be the case anymore.

Did visit Ta Prohm and S-21 is on the list of sights here in Phnom Penh. Won't make it to Sinoukville since I will have tons of beach time in Thailand.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Steel I very jealous that you are getting to travel...I spend everyday at work wishing i could quit. My productivity has come to a crashing halt, the only thing making me look good is the fact that I stay awake and seem like I am actually working...there are a few guys near retirement who actually snore out loud every few days.

I finally dug up all my medical records to fill that out...I have to get to work on those online courses now. I have been putting those off. We also have to figure out what moving to Evanston is going to take, shipping furniture, register cars, all those fun things. My wife is torn about giving her notice, I think she will end up giving it the end of this week for mid july or so, they have her scheduled to do a bunch of training and she doesnt want to waste her time and their time/money.
Current Student
 Q49  V41
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Steel I very jealous that you are getting to travel...I spend everyday at work wishing i could quit. My productivity has come to a crashing halt, the only thing making me look good is the fact that I stay awake and seem like I am actually working...there are a few guys near retirement who actually snore out loud every few days.

I finally dug up all my medical records to fill that out...I have to get to work on those online courses now. I have been putting those off. We also have to figure out what moving to Evanston is going to take, shipping furniture, register cars, all those fun things. My wife is torn about giving her notice, I think she will end up giving it the end of this week for mid july or so, they have her scheduled to do a bunch of training and she doesnt want to waste her time and their time/money.

I feel for you RR! Know that atleast you will get a one up on me for the online courses - I will likely have to fly through em in the week or two before KWEST. We will all be in Evanston soon, with work but a memory.

Good luck with selling the home! I experienced the same grief renting my place out - but it will come through (heard housing sales made a recovery this month, hopefully good news for the next few months).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Guys the course waiver is up and so is the ability to choose which core class you want in the fall. I am tempted about taking turbo fin but that might suck to do first semester when I am just getting back into things. So if I dont do that I may go with microecon to give myself a semester to decide if I want to take turbo or not.

I dont plan on majoring in finance but figure that getting two classes out of the way so I can take another elective may be a lot more important.
Current Student
 Q49  V41
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Guys the course waiver is up and so is the ability to choose which core class you want in the fall. I am tempted about taking turbo fin but that might suck to do first semester when I am just getting back into things. So if I dont do that I may go with microecon to give myself a semester to decide if I want to take turbo or not.

I dont plan on majoring in finance but figure that getting two classes out of the way so I can take another elective may be a lot more important.

I went with Marketing - since I want to be exposed to it early since I've never really taken marketing before. I might take turbo fin in the winter to get back some electives early. But waiving both Econ and Stats 1 should help with that.

Based on conversations I've had, it sounds like you should choose the class which material you want to know down pat for interviews in the winter. My thinking is that fin is easier to cram for.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I heard Fin I is the best to take as long as you arent switching into marketing or waiving out of it. I also heard Turbo sucks if you dont have a business, econ, or accounting work experience. I was warned taking turbo during the winter is a bad idea for pretty much anyone...the amount of work is high and it can really interfere with recruiting. I thought of using my econ classes from UG to try to waive out but it seems stupid since I took the classes 8 years ago...the point of B-school is to develop well rounded business knowledge so why not go with the core. I think the limit classes to within 5 years to waive out.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  97   98   99   100