Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 16:00 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 16:00
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: CSR and Non-Profit Management
Schools:University of Michigan Erb Institute '12
 Q44  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
I submitted late in the day on the 6th. Just went to "under review" today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Actually, I called the adcom about this, since the 10 day deadline was just about up, and I didn't have an essay I wanted to submit. I was hoping to just opt out of the fellowship application, but instead they said not to worry about the deadline, and that they will make a note on my file.

They also informed me that my application review will be put on hold until I submit the fellowship essay. I didn't want to tell them that I decided I don't have any leadership qualities worth mentioning, so I thanked them for the extension. I guess I better pump that essay out quick!

dharmabum wrote:
I wouldn't think so. The people that you send the Park essay to don't work in admissions. My guess is that they don't even read your Johnson app or Park essay until you've been accepted. Why would they? I imagine that checking that box does two things. It gets that automatic e-mail sent, and it flags them to send your application over when you get accepted. Now, take this for what it is worth, because nobosy has told me this. However, in a conversation with one of the people that administrates the program she made it clear that acceptance into Johnson is the first step in the process.

HTH

solaris1 wrote:
Does anyone know if I actually have to tell the admissions committee that I'm not interested in applying for the Fellowship? I did originally check that box on the application expressing my interest in the Fellowship.
VP
VP
oh man, i guess i've got to call them on monday. thanks for this information, markkm. +1.

however my application did end up going "under review" yesterday, so i'm not sure if they do actually wait for the park essay to come in before commencing application review.

Markkm wrote:
Actually, I called the adcom about this, since the 10 day deadline was just about up, and I didn't have an essay I wanted to submit. I was hoping to just opt out of the fellowship application, but instead they said not to worry about the deadline, and that they will make a note on my file.

They also informed me that my application review will be put on hold until I submit the fellowship essay. I didn't want to tell them that I decided I don't have any leadership qualities worth mentioning, so I thanked them for the extension. I guess I better pump that essay out quick!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: CSR and Non-Profit Management
Schools:University of Michigan Erb Institute '12
 Q44  V45
Send PM
Markkm wrote:

Oh, well I suppose that is what I get for guessing. Sorry for the bad info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Yeah, my status is listed as under review as well. Maybe she meant it will not get to the next stage in the process without completing the essay, or she just flat out lied because they want more fellowship applicants :?

In any case, when she asked for my name, she sounded like she knew exactly who I was - no question about spelling, and I have a hard to spell last name. So I'm guessing there are only a handful of us who she is waiting for essays from. She said she would take me off the reminder email list.

solaris1 wrote:
oh man, i guess i've got to call them on monday. thanks for this information, markkm. +1.

however my application did end up going "under review" yesterday, so i'm not sure if they do actually wait for the park essay to come in before commencing application review.

Markkm wrote:

Originally posted by Markkm on 18 Oct 2008, 13:50.
Last edited by Markkm on 18 Oct 2008, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
Anyone else who submitted their application before the deadline whose status has not changed to "under review"?

I am getting a little tensed now!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
nadtrans wrote:
Anyone else who submitted their application before the deadline whose status has not changed to "under review"?

I am getting a little tensed now!

Me too :( Although I was specifically told by Cristine Sneva that one could hear anytime within 6 weeks, I can't help being impatient and tensed. Its been 19 days and no status change for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, what is the percentage of cornell applicants accepted without an interview? ...

Also, Does anyone know if Cornell is good about getting the decisions out before the notification deadline?

Thanks everyone!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
From what I remember reading in the class profiles from the last few years, the interview is mandatory. I don't think that you're required to interview on campus, but I think that 100 percent of admitted applicants are interviewed in some form (on campus, phone or alum)

I'm not one hundred percent sure about the admissions decision release dates. I believe that they are somewhat rolling based on last year's thread but again, I'm not really sure.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
So random question, was browsing the cornell website and saw the % of women had jumped to 39. How does that work? does it mean that more women applied so they accepted more? Or did they decide to increase those numbers and just accept more women?

just curious :)
ac.
VP
VP
I think Randall Sawyer, their Admissions Director, said the school had actively been making an effort to get more women to matriculate, creating more scholarships for women, working more closely with Forte etc. - so that probably means more women applied, Cornell accepted more women and more women decided to enroll.

ac8706 wrote:
So random question, was browsing the cornell website and saw the % of women had jumped to 39. How does that work? does it mean that more women applied so they accepted more? Or did they decide to increase those numbers and just accept more women?

just curious :)
ac.

And Cornell? What is this, the 200th school you are considering applying to ac8706? :wink:
Current Student
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
I think Randall Sawyer, their Admissions Director, said the school had actively been making an effort to get more women to matriculate, creating more scholarships for women, working more closely with Forte etc. - so that probably means more women applied, Cornell accepted more women and more women decided to enroll.

Ah that makes sense. thanks for the insight! I'm curious now why other schools don't do that!
Current Student
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
And Cornell? What is this, the 200th school you are considering applying to ac8706? :wink:

Actually, it's 210th :wink: No I was browsing various mba student blogs and someone had commented on the sharp increase in women at cornell so I took a look at their website. for once, I think I'm pretty set in my list! (nb: we will, of course, see how long this certainty lasts!)

cheers,
ac.
VP
VP
Okay markkm, so the admissions office told me not submitting a Park essay (even though I expressed an interest in applying originally) does not in any way delay the review of your MBA application. I was just asked to e-mail one of the admissions representatives to tell her that I would, in fact, not be applying for the fellowship. If she tells me anything different, I will share it here.

cereal255 - We're all awaiting your interview debrief! Hope you did really well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You guys have any data / opinions on how helpful it is to interview on campus vs. on the phone or with a local alumni?

Also - Park is a much later notification than the normal scholorship notification for R1. Does applying to Park somehow affect "normal" scholarship process / consideration?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
Anyone else got an interview invite? My app has been under review since 16th...
btw I applied to the AMBA program.
Current Student
Send PM
Hey guys,

I applied for FT program on Oct 2nd, and is still under "received" status. Anybody out there on the same boat?

For those guys that seemed to have thair status changed to "under review" fairly shortly after submission, were you all applying for FR program?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18  ...  72