Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 05:17 It is currently 07 May 2024, 05:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:Columbia, Haas, IESE, Yale, Fuqua, Darden, NYU, Georgetown
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink]
I'll represent the GMAX Online camp, particularly because I'm selling my old account too (58 remaining views) :)

I scored a 700 (Q47,V39).

My first Diagnostic was a 630 and I used a lot of books along the way, but the GMAX course definitely teaches all of the material required to break 700. The MGMAT Course is probably equally capable, but no course will get you to 700+ if you dont' put in the effort. For me the decision was pretty easy, because the GMAX Online Course is so much cheaper (especially if you buy someone's remaining views).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:Columbia, Haas, IESE, Yale, Fuqua, Darden, NYU, Georgetown
 Q44  V42
Send PM
rishi4you wrote:
What was your initial score before you started with the MGMAT SelfStudy package and how much were you able to raise your score. How much time did you devote in preparation through MGMAT ..before hitting that 700+ figure.

On the first diagnostic I scored a 600. Studied for a little over a month. It worked well for me. But really as Avernusaur in order to perform you have to put the work in
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi Avernusaur ,

You mentioned that you are intrested in selling your remaining views. How does this works out. And before that i wanted to ask , what was your score initially when you started with the preparation and gave your diagnostic and how much you were able to raise your score using the GMAX online.

Do you get detailed explanation and shortcuts fo Quant section .
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
rishi4you wrote:
hi Avernusaur ,

You mentioned that you are intrested in selling your remaining views. How does this works out. And before that i wanted to ask , what was your score initially when you started with the preparation and gave your diagnostic and how much you were able to raise your score using the GMAX online.

Do you get detailed explanation and shortcuts fo Quant section .

1) I'm not sure how people usually sell their accounts, but I was planning on the buyer sending a paypal payment and then I'd provide the account information.

2) My first diagnostic was a 630 (Q40, V36), but I paused the clock frequently and essentially took the exam untimed. With independent study I was able to get my Quant score up to the 44 range, but the GMATClub tests were still too hard. After the GMAX course I was easily in the 47-48 range, but I didn't have time/energy to work the GMATClub tests hard enough to improve even further. I was pressed for time, so I didn't do all of the homework assignments, but the course is very thorough. There are lots of shortcuts, but they teach you how to do solve problems several different ways, so you truly understand how/why the shortcut works. You do a lot of fundamental/basic stuff in the beginning, but I learned some very useful techniques for Combinations/Permutations, Probability, Work, and Group problems that I had never in my other materials.

If instruction followed by homework is a method that works for you, I think you'll benefit greatly from the course. I simply would not have learned what I did in the same amount of time otherwise. When you've got homework assignments and a schedule, it's really easy to balance your studying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
If you have any q about the GmaxOnline course
You can send an Email or contact me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I recommend the GMAX videos. It is pretty good especially Quant and Verbal section.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Av wrote:
I'll represent the GMAX Online camp, particularly because I'm selling my old account too (58 remaining views) :)

I scored a 700 (Q47,V39).

My first Diagnostic was a 630 and I used a lot of books along the way, but the GMAX course definitely teaches all of the material required to break 700. The MGMAT Course is probably equally capable, but no course will get you to 700+ if you dont' put in the effort. For me the decision was pretty easy, because the GMAX Online Course is so much cheaper (especially if you buy someone's remaining views).

Hi, may i know anyone still selling their GMAX Online Course? I am interested to buy.
GMAT Club Bot