Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:48 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD Jan09 (matriculating), HBS (R1 dinged), Wharton(R1 dinged), Columbia Jan09 (dinged), Kellogg (dinged)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
mbaleader wrote:
Hi guys, the decisions have started going out. someone on admissions411 has reported admit. US citizen, age 27 aerospace ind and 760 is profile. got i/ved on 10/16.
so hope for the best.

I am wondering if this case is actually true. Perhaps...

I would think they would start releasing information in big batches. I am thinking flood gates :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
Another admit on BW... So they started releasing decisions!

Quote:
Guys, it's true, admits have started! I just got to know of a person that received the call yesterday. And yes, it is from a reliable source. And no, I don't have his stats.... Unfortunately...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
that might mean some dings will be coming tomorrow

good luck everyone and remember to post your decisions!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 482 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I'm curious as to the amount of time between when an interview takes place, and when the decision is rendered. It is hard to imagine the process by which all this is done- ie: big table with everyone in the room together, or individuals reading on their own and making notes, etc.

For example, I did my interview on Nov 13th, I wonder if this means that just by timing alone that my application wouldn't be reviewed until well after everyone else who interviewed earlier. But then, they have to make decisions that will shape the entire rount 1 pool based off of the limited number of people who interviewed earlier.

There is so much ambiguoty- I find myself consistently trying to get stop the speculation, knowing that the most likely decision will come in late December/Early Jan.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
swell! good luck all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
I'm curious as to the amount of time between when an interview takes place, and when the decision is rendered. It is hard to imagine the process by which all this is done- ie: big table with everyone in the room together, or individuals reading on their own and making notes, etc.

I believe that the timing of your interview does not have any bearing on the timing of your admit/ding.

Perhaps some others can chime in if Kellogg is different?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:

For example, I did my interview on Nov 13th, I wonder if this means that just by timing alone that my application wouldn't be reviewed until well after everyone else who interviewed earlier. But then, they have to make decisions that will shape the entire rount 1 pool based off of the limited number of people who interviewed earlier.

There is so much ambiguoty- I find myself consistently trying to get stop the speculation, knowing that the most likely decision will come in late December/Early Jan.

riverripper may have better insight but I think there is no bearing as to when you interview and your decision
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
terp26 wrote:
riverripper may have better insight but I think there is no bearing as to when you interview and your decision

ditto.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
I think I read somewhere that Kellogg would not review application till interview is completed. If that's the case then timing of the interview plays some role...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
do the adcom also call international candidates?
Current Student
Schools:INSEAD Jan09 (matriculating), HBS (R1 dinged), Wharton(R1 dinged), Columbia Jan09 (dinged), Kellogg (dinged)
Send PM
llest wrote:
do the adcom also call international candidates?

I think they email. Both of my friends at Asia got emailed last year around the mid dec ~x'mas timeframe.

perhaps rivers can confirm

-will
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, International Business
Schools:Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)
 Q46  V45
Send PM
I looked through all posts last year, and it looks like Riverripper got first call.

What it did seem like from last year is people with higher GMATs got call first. Basically seems like the sure bets got called first almost.

I have a 730 GMAT. I don't expect to get in anyway, but certainly not a call this early.

Sucks.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Stop Freaking Out...the order of admission calls has no correlation with GMAT scores. I know this is stressful, but just be patient. Don't read into the profiles of those getting in at this point because it really has nothing to do with how your application is being evaluated.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
irishspring wrote:
I looked through all posts last year, and it looks like Riverripper got first call.

What it did seem like from last year is people with higher GMATs got call first. Basically seems like the sure bets got called first almost.

I have a 730 GMAT. I don't expect to get in anyway, but certainly not a call this early.

Sucks.

haha, my friend MGOBLUE2 beat me to the punch, but I've written this so might as well post it.

Hi all - so no bearing on your interview date and your admit/ding date other than they won't review your application for a decision until your interview is done (unless its waived). However, since the decision process is very black box and has no real predictability, you could get your decision earlier or later.

I interviewed pretty late last year (mid-November) and got my decision early (mid-December). I know people who got the opposite (interviewed early, decision late) and people who interviewed late, decision late.

Don't try to predict from these things, it won't do anything but stress you out hehe.
Current Student
Send PM
garbus222 wrote:
Another admit on BW... So they started releasing decisions!

Quote:
Guys, it's true, admits have started! I just got to know of a person that received the call yesterday. And yes, it is from a reliable source. And no, I don't have his stats.... Unfortunately...

i didn't see the BW post about the admit. is it deleted?

-will
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Georgetown '11
Send PM
Based on my GMAT score I predict...

Lunch from subway across the street within the next hour.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, International Business
Schools:Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)
 Q46  V45
Send PM
Hey Will, I think post was not from actual person who got in, but knew someone who did.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts