Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 20:33 It is currently 02 May 2024, 20:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance - Real Estate
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
solaris1 wrote:
Hey ryguy904, I'm working on my application and hope to submit by Christmas. As things stand right now, I would indeed choose Darden over Johnson.

Come on Solaris.Don't make it too hard for ppl like me to get in. :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
I'm very flattered you think so highly of me fall09! Hopefully I'll get into my top choice Stern, or we could be classmates at Darden :)

fall09 wrote:
Come on Solaris.Don't make it too hard for ppl like me to get in. :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Does anyone know for certain what they are looking for with the GPA range in the educational section? Do they want the school's grade range, or your lowest and highest GPA? If it is your range, do they want it broken down by semesters or by years? It's a little vague...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Schools:Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)
Send PM
Kudos
I m not certain, but to me, they are asking you for the highest and the lowest possible GPA. Thats what I did.

atlmba2009 wrote:
Does anyone know for certain what they are looking for with the GPA range in the educational section? Do they want the school's grade range, or your lowest and highest GPA? If it is your range, do they want it broken down by semesters or by years? It's a little vague...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Kudos
I interpret it to mean 0.0 (F) to 4.0 (A).

atlmba2009 wrote:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For those who might not have visited Darden, they have posted a video presenting the case method in action. I highly recommend watching it if u have not yet written your essay 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJ-Mk2g1NY

Originally posted by traffix on 20 Dec 2008, 18:34.
Last edited by traffix on 20 Dec 2008, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
traffix wrote:
For those who might not have visited Darden, they have posted a video presenting the case method in action. I highly recommend watching it if have not yet written your essay 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJ-Mk2g1NY

Thanks for the video.That prof spoke at the Atlanta Darden reception.

I completed my 'Fit for Case study" essay.I used one para to talk about why case study will be a fit for me and another para to talk about how I will contribute to the case study method.Is this a proper idea or should I approach it in a different manner?

Originally posted by fall09 on 20 Dec 2008, 19:27.
Last edited by fall09 on 21 Dec 2008, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
My univ has % and no GPA system.How do I put it?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I am in for round 2 as well, should be finishing my essay by end of next week. Very short essays...Not sure if I can fit my background and story into 1000 words, expecially with the topics asked. I really hope for an interview to talk about my life :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh 32 posts to date, I need to step up my game
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Schools:Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua
Send PM
Count me in for R2. Hopefully, I'll be submitting by the end of the week. I attended a Darden reception in NYC last week and felt that the current students and alumni are very engaging and personable. Dean Bruner was there and used the age-old Darden cold calling technique in the middle of his speech.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
pelihu or anyone else who might know,

Pelihu, u mentioned in your earlier post that Darden DOES take the interview seriously (compared to its peer schools). What role do u think it plays in the admission decision?

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Bus. Strategy, Entrep.
Schools:Haas, Booth-PT
Send PM
Do I have to submit official transcript of my undergrad to apply or a scan would be fine? whats the requirement...anyone can share a link or something...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Schools:Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua
Send PM
mindgame wrote:
Do I have to submit official transcript of my undergrad to apply or a scan would be fine? whats the requirement...anyone can share a link or something...

From the Darden Application Requirements website...

Quote:
Transcripts
Applicants have two options for submitting an official transcript. The first option is to scan the official transcript as a Portable Document file (.pdf) and upload it in the educational history section of the application. The second option is to mail us a copy of the official transcript. If the applicant decides to mail the transcript, we must receive it by the deadline. Our online system will not allow an applicant to submit an application without a transcript. Applicants who completed their education in a non-English-speaking institution will need to make arrangements to have their academic records translated and sent with the official transcript. All translations must be complete and literal versions of the original records. If there are discrepancies between self-reported academic information and official transcripts, the offer of admission will be withdrawn. Offers of admission are not binding until academic records are verified.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [1]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Kudos
traffix wrote:

Pelihu, u mentioned in your earlier post that Darden DOES take the interview seriously (compared to its peer schools). What role do u think it plays in the admission decision?

Thanks,

Well, it's very clear that the adcoms at Darden try to admit people that understand the culture at Darden, are eager to be part of the community and will be a good fit for the school. Of course, every school says similar things, I think you'll find that Darden takes these things particularly seriously. As a result, it's no surprise that Darden as one of the strongest campus communities, and extremely strong ties with alumni across the years. Darden has the second highest rate of giving among all business schools (trailing on Tuck), and has an endowment that is, I believe, the largest among all the elite schools (the ultra-elite schools tend to have many more students and much larger endowments), which is amazing given Darden's relatively small size. There's no doubt that your interview will have an impact on your candidacy, where it doesn't always seem to be the case with other schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I did prove the "fit" during the interview. Cannot wait till Jan 30 now.

pelihu wrote:
traffix wrote:

Thanks,

Well, it's very clear that the adcoms at Darden try to admit people that understand the culture at Darden, are eager to be part of the community and will be a good fit for the school. Of course, every school says similar things, I think you'll find that Darden takes these things particularly seriously. As a result, it's no surprise that Darden as one of the strongest campus communities, and extremely strong ties with alumni across the years. Darden has the second highest rate of giving among all business schools (trailing on Tuck), and has an endowment that is, I believe, the largest among all the elite schools (the ultra-elite schools tend to have many more students and much larger endowments), which is amazing given Darden's relatively small size. There's no doubt that your interview will have an impact on your candidacy, where it doesn't always seem to be the case with other schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  35