Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:01 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q42  V49
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
fugo wrote:
yes the same website where I turned in my application. When I log in it says "Schedule an Interview" under status.

Thanks fugo! Yeah thats a really quick turnaround from the adcom. When did you submit?

Go smash that interview.!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
 Q42  V49
Send PM
the only available interview dates were ll in the 1st week of on-grounds interviews - week of Feb 16. I think i submitted on the last day they were due but not at the deadline - i think i had my app in by mid-afternoon.

Having been in your situation where others had started getting interviews and I was not hearing anything - for my other apps - i know how you guys feel. But trust me, I am fairly sure that this was a case of my app being near the top of the pile. expect a lot more requests to go out over the next couple of weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Your submission date was the first thing I checked of when I saw you got an interview, but I saw that you submitted on 1/7.
I think the review may be random. I submitted my application two days before the deadline (1/5).
But either way, you can pave the road for the rest of us. Let us know how the interview goes. Good luck.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Good luck to my Round 1 Darden crew this week!!! :gl
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Does Darden call its admitted students before the decision day on Friday?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
They do! they might start calling wednesday. Apparently, they post their decisions at midnight.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Cool. After my poor performance this application season, I'm not optimistic, though I think I did a pretty solid job on interview day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
I have the countdown sound from "24" playing in my head this whole week. It's snowing in the Mid-Atlantic today, so I'm sure the beauty of Charlottesville gently draped in white should inspire them to start making some calls.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2011
 Q47  V47
Send PM
McDargoiowkel wrote:
I have the countdown sound from "24" playing in my head this whole week. It's snowing in the Mid-Atlantic today, so I'm sure the beauty of Charlottesville gently draped in white should inspire them to start making some calls.

Either that, or be so pissed off about the state of the roads that they get in and decide not to admit anybody. One of the other...

Best of luck to everyone this week.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Best of luck to all the R1 applicants this week- I am pulling for you.

Being that I am a R2 applicant and interviews are supposed to begin in about two weeks, and my application is still in "Application Complete" status, I am beginning to get a bit riled up myself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entertainment
Schools:Chicago (Ding w/Interview), Kellogg(Ding), Darden (Int), NYU (Rd 2), USC (Rd 2)
 Q47  V37
Send PM
This wait is awful. I wish they just posted the results online and made congratulatory calls after so I am not sitting around the next couple of days wondering if everytime my blackberry vibrates its a call from Darden. I am sure the decisions are finalized too, which is why they should just put us out of our misery.
Current Student
 Q47  V47
Send PM
24 wrote:
This wait is awful. I wish they just posted the results online and made congratulatory calls after so I am not sitting around the next couple of days wondering if everytime my blackberry vibrates its a call from Darden. I am sure the decisions are finalized too, which is why they should just put us out of our misery.

At least they don't do it like Kellogg, who call and ding x number of people every day over like 3-4 weeks. It could be a lot worse. Based on the BW forums from last year, we know what will happen. Admits get called on Thursday, and if you dont get a call, its most likely a WL or ding, which you will discover at 12:01 am on Friday. So its really only 24 hours of stress.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
24 wrote:

Don't completely lose hope if you don't get a call. I can tell you from personal experience that receiving a call or not is no indication of how much they like your application. Thinking back to when I applied, I saw that others were receiving admit calls while I did not. I logged in at precisely 9PM PST (midnight in the east) to check my status and found that I was admitted. About 3 days later, they called to let me know I had been awarded a scholarship. So, they didn't decide to just call their favorites or anything like that; it was just a random process and I think they tried to call as many people as time would allow. Good luck all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entertainment
Schools:Chicago (Ding w/Interview), Kellogg(Ding), Darden (Int), NYU (Rd 2), USC (Rd 2)
 Q47  V37
Send PM
Anyone else hear The Final Countdown by Europe playing in their head?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [1]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Kudos
I have some secret insider information news (not really) that might reduce the stress a little for you guys waiting for decisions. The admissions office just sent out an email asking for volunteers to make calls to admitted students between 5-8pm on Thursday. So, I don't know if the admissions office will be making calls at other times, but it probably doesn't make sense to start waiting by the phone until 5pm (eastern) tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Non Profit / General
Schools:Kellogg Darden, HBS, Stanford, Yale, Duke, Notre Dame
 Q48  V44
Send PM
pelihu wrote:
I have some secret insider information news (not really) that might reduce the stress a little for you guys waiting for decisions. The admissions office just sent out an email asking for volunteers to make calls to admitted students between 5-8pm on Thursday. So, I don't know if the admissions office will be making calls at other times, but it probably doesn't make sense to start waiting by the phone until 5pm (eastern) tomorrow.

Thanks so much pelihi!

I think the admissions office folks will likely be making calls themselves upto 5pm and student volunteers will take it from there. It would make sense that even then some admitted applicants might not receive calls since there are so many calls to make. Anyhow, this is pure conjecture. Good luck to all! :)
Current Student
 Q47  V47
Send PM
pelihu wrote:

Thanks for the update. That's great information and will make the day much easier to handle. You should volunteer and hopefully you'll get my name. ;-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  35