Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
Schools:Fuqua '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, Health Care
Schools:Wharton
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2009 WAITLIST thread - Share your agony here [#permalink]
zoinnk wrote:
Does Wharton communicate with its WLers at all? Or do you just have to sit tight until March 26?

I think all the WLers got an email saying that we're WL'd and that we'd hear an update to our decision on 3/26. They also mentioned in that email that they don't provide feedback, accept updates, etc.

From speaking with current students though, it seems that if you're waitlisted over the summer, Wharton does communicate more regularly and in the past, has accepted updates. Not sure what the plan is for this year though.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
 Q48  V47
Send PM
zoinnk wrote:
Does Wharton communicate with its WLers at all? Or do you just have to sit tight until March 26?

just did a search for 'Wharton' in my gmail - December 19 'Waitlist Guidlines' was the last email I received from them. It's totally a 100% sit tight process as far as I can discern.

and glad to help ac. So much for us trying to get a jump on figuring out where we were going next year by applying R1 everywhere!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi folks!

I am an applicant from Brazil (but Diogo is actually my pet's name) and I'll share my agony with you:

Applied last year to Wharton -Interviewed- Dinged
Received feedback and was encouraged to reapply
Applied again
Interviewed again
Waitlisted

I truly love this school and that’s why I waited one year to reapply.
I wonder if there is anything I can do to help admissions realize I am really committed to attending Wharton.
I have been admitted to other great schools, but I’ll wait for Wharton until the end of round 3 if they want me to and I hope to get admitted.

I hope we all get admitted!!!!!
Current Student
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Diogo wrote:
Hi folks!

I am an applicant from Brazil (but Diogo is actually my pet's name) and I'll share my agony with you:

Applied last year to Wharton -Interviewed- Dinged
Received feedback and was encouraged to reapply
Applied again
Interviewed again
Waitlisted

I truly love this school and that’s why I waited one year to reapply.
I wonder if there is anything I can do to help admissions realize I am really committed to attending Wharton.
I have been admitted to other great schools, but I’ll wait for Wharton until the end of round 3 if they want me to and I hope to get admitted.

I hope we all get admitted!!!!!

Damn, that's ryguy/columbia-level pain. With the cosigner issues going on right now and Wharton's passion for international students, Id like to think you have a real good shot this time!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton '11
Send PM
Great idea to start that thread... Frustration is actually an understatement...

I have talked to couple of alumun who were encouraging me to send letters but then I told them we were told to sit tight. Did Wharton use to accept additional information in the past? May be they changed that recently...

Is anyone thiking about withdrawing? I keep learning more about and liking Booth. I am also looking at where I am going to live in Chicago. In short, it would be rought to do a turn around for Wharton. I guess I just don't like the uncertainty.

Bostonsparky, you wanted agony, here you are :)
Current Student
 Q48  V47
Send PM
falibay wrote:

I have talked to couple of alumun who were encouraging me to send letters but then I told them we were told to sit tight. Did Wharton use to accept additional information in the past? May be they changed that recently...

Is anyone thiking about withdrawing? I keep learning more about and liking Booth. I am also looking at where I am going to live in Chicago. In short, it would be rought to do a turn around for Wharton. I guess I just don't like the uncertainty.

Indeed, Booth is a fantastic school, and uncertainty is no fun. I think you should definitely withdraw, you know, since a turn around would be so rough.

::wipes sarcasm off screen::

Honestly as much as it's not to my benefit, I feel one should only withdraw themselves from a school if he/she is 100% going somewhere else and is paying the deposit. You've stuck your neck out by paying the fee and taking the time to fill out a long application, you should maximize the flexibility you may now possess by holding admits to several top schools. You may never have such control over your future down the line. Furthermore, ultimately 800+ new students WILL be at Wharton next year, I don't necessarily buy the fact that hanging out on the waitlist is costing someone else an admit.
Current Student
Send PM
LOL Great answer.

I don't think I will withdraw, I don't have the guts to do that (thought at times, I wish I had...). I basically see my Booth deposition as a 1.5 months option (Pricey option)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Guys! Hold on there -- WL is much better than a ding so look at the bright side. :)

One of my good friends applied to B-school THREE times, and got accepted at Wharton. He now has a full-time offer from McKinsey.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton,Chicago, LBS,Stern,Stanford,Harvard,Columbia
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Waitlist is painful..nodoubt..especially when one is holding on to three of them ..hv bn Wled at Wharton, LBS and NYU Stern...with no accepts till now...just hoping these WLs come good soon....
Current Student
Send PM
vmh wrote:
Waitlist is painful..nodoubt..especially when one is holding on to three of them ..hv bn Wled at Wharton, LBS and NYU Stern...with no accepts till now...just hoping these WLs come good soon....

Sorry to hear that! I will stop complaining... :shock:

I hope one of them becomes an Admit soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
well guys this is a great threat. waiting, waiting and waiting. and also, does anyone have any info on the number of rd 2 aplicants? i heard many schools reported a drop in applications, but I have not heard anything about Wharton.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V44
Send PM
falibay wrote:

Same situation for me...getting more and more committed to the idea of Chicago, and IF I got an admit to W, it would probably be a more difficult decision than had I just been admitted in R1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q41  V46
Send PM
I'm glad someone started this thread!!
The W journey seems to be an eternal waiting game!

Waiting for interview invite...
Waiting for decision...
Now waiting on the WAITLIST decision...

March is too far away! :oops:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
It's nice that we have our own thread, that way we can separate our issues from R2-ers (although some of them might be in our shoes in couple of weeks).

The only thing I really hate about the application process is waitlist and now I have one. I've already been admitted to one of my R1 schools and there wasn't need for me to apply in R2. Furthermore, I've even paid fat deposit to Cambridge Judge, so I'm really leaning towards there. I act like I'm already Cambridge full time student, and there are some solid reasons for that.

There is so many problems to be resolved with my Wharton application, besides WL there is issue regarding non co-signed loans. I think I would have paid Judge deposit even If I had been admitted to Wharton, because I have to wait summer and see what they are going to do with non co-signed loans. If they don't resolve that situation they aren't going to see even my photo in Philadelphia, not to mention me in person. In the meantime, situation with non co-signed loans seems to be much better in UK, at least for LBS and Judge - the only two schools that offer non co-signed loan schemes to internationals. I know that Wharton is much, much better than Judge, but I have to join the club I'm able to pay charge for.

Originally posted by Pathfinder on 31 Jan 2009, 10:35.
Last edited by Pathfinder on 19 Apr 2009, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
 Q48  V47
Send PM
With my CBS ding today I felt it was time to rescue this thread. However seeing sterny's cause gives me hope that a CBS ding doesn't necessarily equate to one on the other side of dirty jerz.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
guys, I am wondering if anyone has been reaching out to the school to inform them of the continuous interest in the school. I know we are not supposed to send in additional materials, but...I , personally, have not done anything since I got the waitlisted email. The wait is getting worse and worse and I wonder if we actually have a chance of getting in. From what I understand Rd 1 waillisters are reviewed with rd2 applicants. They say that if you have an interview invite chances of getting in are around 30%. Do rd 1 waitlisters have a 30% chance too?I mean , if everyone (rd 1 wailisters and r2 applicants who got an interview) is treated the same..everyone should have the same chances.
Current Student
Send PM
I have not done anything. I would hope we have more chance than current R2 students, if they did not ding us right away...

I am not really hoping for that...
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5