Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 21:23 It is currently 22 May 2024, 21:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
 Q44  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q44  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools:Haas (R1/WL), Ross (Ding), Yale (R2), Cornell (R3)
 Q46  V46
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
me...the reason it says "received" is because they have not gotten to it yet. I was officially told my the admissions office, so I guess no need to worry. They just have not gotten to your application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Can anyone describe the park finalist weekend?
What kind of activities take place, proper attire, etc etc.
Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any idea whats going on with the wait list?
Will all decisions come closer to end of March once they start giving out feedback to all WLs?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
 Q44  V45
Send PM
Yea, I haven't heard of any movement in a while. There are a few dates that should have some movement following them as the school will have a clearer picture of yield and class size:

2/26 - R2 Deposit 1 Deadline

3/18 - R3 Decision Notification

4/13 - R3 Deposit 1 Deadline

4/29 - R4 Decision Notification

5/13 - R4 Deposit 1 Deadline

6/1 - All Rounds Deposit 2 Deadline*

*Following this should be the most movement, as it will be very clear at this point how many accepted students will attend.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
 Q47  V40
Send PM
As a round 1 waitlister who made it off, I cant stress enough that you need to make them truly believe that Cornell is your first choice. Of course do this without annoying them (i.e. calls and emails every other day is a no no).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
For those of you that received scholarhips, what amounts are typical for Johnson?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I received an email from Cornell saying Cornell is ready to give feedback to the waitlisted candidates.

Here is the actual verbiage

If you would like specific feedback regarding opportunities for improvement, we will offer fifteen-minute feedback sessions for selected candidates beginning March 30, 2009. To request a feedback session, you may submit a statement via email regarding your self-assessment, the strategies you will pursue, and questions regarding your application. We will offer a feedback session if you will benefit from additional suggestions regarding your application.
Current Student
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
As a round 1 waitlister who made it off, I cant stress enough that you need to make them truly believe that Cornell is your first choice. Of course do this without annoying them (i.e. calls and emails every other day is a no no).

Raabend, What exactly you did to make Cornell believe that it is truly your 1st choice apart from sending them an update on why Cornell is best for you? Can you please share?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [1]
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
I sent in an update letter and had my volunteer director send in an additional rec (as stated previously).

I asked my director, in her letter, to make sure she included Cornell-specific stuff (I gave her all my reasoning for choosing to apply to Cornell). What she included exactly?.... I have no idea! BUT, when I was accepted they mentioned to me how good her letter was so I assume it was specific/persuasive.

In my update letter, I specifically stated that Cornell was at the top of my list. I did try to use some pretty persuasive language to convince them of that.....at the time I thought it was a gamble but it definitely paid off.

I also used very calculated timing. After I sent in my wait confirmation fax the day I was waitlisted, I had my Volunteer Director wait about 2 weeks to send in her letter. I then waited about 3 more weeks to send in my update letter. After that, I waited one full week to contact my application coordinator to confirm receipt of my additional materials.

As the Round 1 deposit date and Round 2 notification date came and went, I contacted my application coordinator again to voice concern over my continued waitlist status. The exact text was:

Greetings XXXX,

I am a Round 1 waitlisted applicant. So far my volunteer director sent in a supplementary recommendation letter and I faxed in an update letter with recent changes in my professional role etc. As the Round 2 decision notification date has come and gone, and I remain on the waitlist, I feel that I need some more insight into my application, and what else I can do to strengthen it. I know that Johnson offers feedback. How can I go about getting the feedback?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXXXX

Within an hour of sending that email I received a call from Johnson admissions asking me if I was REALLY serious about attending Johnson. I reaffirmed that I was and within a week I was admitted to the program.

I believe the key was not only my persuasive letters but also the calculated communication. They heard from me (on average) once every two weeks from the waitlisted date until getting accepted.

Hope that helps guys!

aakashganga wrote:
Raabend wrote:

Raabend, What exactly you did to make Cornell believe that it is truly your 1st choice apart from sending them an update on why Cornell is best for you? Can you please share?
Current Student
Send PM
Awesome Raabend... You deserve the seat!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
I sent in an update letter and had my volunteer director send in an additional rec (as stated previously).

I asked my director, in her letter, to make sure she included Cornell-specific stuff (I gave her all my reasoning for choosing to apply to Cornell). What she included exactly?.... I have no idea! BUT, when I was accepted they mentioned to me how good her letter was so I assume it was specific/persuasive.

In my update letter, I specifically stated that Cornell was at the top of my list. I did try to use some pretty persuasive language to convince them of that.....at the time I thought it was a gamble but it definitely paid off.

I also used very calculated timing. After I sent in my wait confirmation fax the day I was waitlisted, I had my Volunteer Director wait about 2 weeks to send in her letter. I then waited about 3 more weeks to send in my update letter. After that, I waited one full week to contact my application coordinator to confirm receipt of my additional materials.

As the Round 1 deposit date and Round 2 notification date came and went, I contacted my application coordinator again to voice concern over my continued waitlist status. The exact text was:

Greetings XXXX,

I am a Round 1 waitlisted applicant. So far my volunteer director sent in a supplementary recommendation letter and I faxed in an update letter with recent changes in my professional role etc. As the Round 2 decision notification date has come and gone, and I remain on the waitlist, I feel that I need some more insight into my application, and what else I can do to strengthen it. I know that Johnson offers feedback. How can I go about getting the feedback?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

XXXXXXXXXX

Within an hour of sending that email I received a call from Johnson admissions asking me if I was REALLY serious about attending Johnson. I reaffirmed that I was and within a week I was admitted to the program.

I believe the key was not only my persuasive letters but also the calculated communication. They heard from me (on average) once every two weeks from the waitlisted date until getting accepted.

Hope that helps guys!

aakashganga wrote:
Raabend wrote:

Great story!!! I'm 90% sure I'll be at DJ; looking forward to meeting up!!!
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
ryguy904, you matriculating?????!!!!!!!
Current Student
Send PM
Raabend wrote:

I am still undecided. However, attending DJ is an important part of my decision-making process.
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
After a weekend with me, your mind will be made up 8-)

ryguy904 wrote:
Raabend wrote:

I am still undecided. However, attending DJ is an important part of my decision-making process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
ryguy you cant miss the chance to spend 2 years with me and raabend, i think :) 8-)
Current Student
Send PM
oziozzie wrote:
ryguy you cant miss the chance to spend 2 years with me and raabend, i think :) 8-)

I thought you have some R2 action with Wharton and Ross, among others...? What's your status and how would you rank your remaining options?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
ryguy904 wrote:
oziozzie wrote:

I thought you have some R2 action with Wharton and Ross, among others...? What's your status and how would you rank your remaining options?

wow.. I didn't know I was being followed. I rarely post, but apparently you noticed! lol..

I have been invited to interview with Ross but withdrew my application because cornell is a better fit for me. Interviewing with wharton alumni tomorrow.. and waiting to hear from columbia for the final result.

wharton would be my first choice, but I don't know what happens if I get in Columbia. But I want to say that I'm a big fan of Cornell.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  60   61   62   63   64  ...  72