Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:30 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6512 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT on the 7th of October.Messing up 2+2 :( [#permalink]
Expert Reply
tejal777 wrote:
Could you please elaborate on this?
And how do I build up my test stamina?!I am actually an avid reader n' usually complete any book I lay my hands on in a go(the avg size ones)so that won't work on me..

Kindly elaborate on the materials I should use..

Sure - Test stamina is endurance that you build up by taking full length practice tests - make sure you also do the AWA section.
You can find a full list here if you have not seen this thread yet: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html.

As to books/questions - nothing special. If you know a particular weakness, keep working on that question type or review your study materials, but the main emphasis is on practice tests.
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I was sort of in the same boat, constantly making mistakes on simple parts of the math.

Best advice I can offer:

SLOW DOWN. When you read a problem in an excited state, you're more likely to miss something or misinterpret something. If you slow down and understand the problem the way it's meant to be understood, you're much less likely to make mistakes in your work.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
advice much appreciated!
But i am still confused of the materials i've listed above which ones should i use?Can i reach my target?Do i need to extend my dt?Is my POA okay?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tejal777 wrote:
advice much appreciated!
But i am still confused of the materials i've listed above which ones should i use?Can i reach my target?Do i need to extend my dt?Is my POA okay?

You want someone to actually tell you what to use? That really depends on where you need the most work.

I would stick with the GMATClub test, OG (and the verbal and quant review if you have them), powerscore and MGMAT books.

I am partial to MGMAT for tests as I I found them the most representative CATs offered by prep companies.

GMATPrep is the closest you can get to the real thing. Use those to guage progress and to make a final assessment before you take the test. Use prep company CATs to gauge progress throughout your prep, and use the GMATClub diagnostic test to come up with your action plan (where to dedicate the most time).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Quote:
You want someone to actually tell you what to use

Please read my first post!!I've listed down my queries..answers to this confused soul will be highly appreciated!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tejal777 wrote:

Please read my first post!!I've listed down my queries..answers to this confused soul will be highly appreciated!!

We've answered you're questions, but I'll provide the direct responses as you have the questions listed:

tejal777 wrote:
So i have the following resources and wondering which ones to do and which ones to let go:
>>Thinking of taking the 5 tests before my date
Gmat prep(2),Princeton,Kaplan,Manhattan

I am partial to MGMAT tests (I believe MGMAT is more representative of the real thing when compared with Kaplan and Princeton). GMATPrep is the closest you can get to the real thing, and it is possible to reset the tests and avoid repeats (but repeat questions are likely). See the GMATPrep test thread for more information.
gmatprep-gmat-prep-powerprep-power-prep-free-tests-77548.html

tejal777 wrote:
>>Everyday thought of taking 1 LSAT paper,gmat math challenge and 25 quests from SC 1000
LSAT has really helped me nail my CR,My RC is bad so i guess that will help,GMAT club tests will take care of math n' for SC there's 1000 SC.. OPINION????

MGMAT SC book is a popular choice here for help with SC. Also, the verbal forum will provide a lot of insight as people provide feedback on why answers choices are better than others.

tejal777 wrote:
>>I have at my disposal Kaplan 800 and OG 12
Kap800 has been done in tit-bits so should I go over that cos it will be faster not too many questions..OR OG 12 say the second half of each section????

OG has retired GMAT questions and thus will given you the best "feel" for real GMAT questions.

tejal777 wrote:
>>I have 9 retired Gmat paper tests..should I go for that?

Most people here have not been using paper tests. It's essentially the same as using problems from a book (you won't have the CAT feel or adaptability.

tejal777 wrote:
>>Should I take up 1 topic a day for Quant?Will that help?Say, Geometry,Prob,Mixtures,Coordianate,N.props etc..to really nail down the problem areas and concentrate on 1 topic per day?

That depends on where you need to spend time. Taking a diagnostic test will help you determine where to spend the most time. My first bit of advice is to take a diagnostic test and then build a study plan from there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Thanks a lot u guys are the best..I am frankly at my wit's end now that I have decided on the date..U are right..First step:Gmatprep with AWA!!Wish me luck will post my scores soon:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Hey,took the test and am back with my scores..
As previously mentioned i had taken 2 gmat preps previously(a mnth away frm each other)
GPrep 1:660 (V34 Q47)
Gprep 2:580 (V26 Q42)(This was after 1 mnths rigorous prep imagine)
Took a princeton free test 2 weeks back:
590 (V25 Q46)..EACH N' EVERY RC question was wrong..since then doing 2-3 RC's from LSAT paper each day.

TODAY>>
Full test conditions.Reinstalled.Few familiar questions in verbal CR n' SC n' though i did'nt remember the correct answer,familiar questions alsways puts me in ease.Finished both sections with time to spare(approx. 10 mins.).Was so restless that could'nt even sit straight by the time I reached V 20th. question..Sitting for long hrs need to be worked on.Any inputs here on how to forge ahead when ur mind starts going tired and blank?
>>660 (Q47 V35)

My aim was to get into the 700 club..but after studing so much if all i am getting is this (agreed its an improvement from 550 my first ever test months back)and this score too im not sure how much to rely upon..i realy dnt think i can make it to 700.I'll be happy now if i get 680..but lesser than that is nt acceptable.If i am getting 660 here and if these scores are to be relied say taking in a/c the stress and nervousness I'll score a 640ish in the real thing.

Now what do u think?I still havent booked the 7th date should i extend it?Should I go for it?Can i even improve furthur?!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NUS, NTU, SMU, AGSM, Melbourne School of Business
 Q39  V28
Send PM
tejal777 wrote:
Hey,took the test and am back with my scores..
As previously mentioned i had taken 2 gmat preps previously(a mnth away frm each other)
GPrep 1:660 (V34 Q47)
Gprep 2:580 (V26 Q42)(This was after 1 mnths rigorous prep imagine)
Took a princeton free test 2 weeks back:
590 (V25 Q46)..EACH N' EVERY RC question was wrong..since then doing 2-3 RC's from LSAT paper each day.

TODAY>>
Full test conditions.Reinstalled.Few familiar questions in verbal CR n' SC n' though i did'nt remember the correct answer,familiar questions alsways puts me in ease.Finished both sections with time to spare(approx. 10 mins.).Was so restless that could'nt even sit straight by the time I reached V 20th. question..Sitting for long hrs need to be worked on.Any inputs here on how to forge ahead when ur mind starts going tired and blank?
>>660 (Q47 V35)

My aim was to get into the 700 club..but after studing so much if all i am getting is this (agreed its an improvement from 550 my first ever test months back)and this score too im not sure how much to rely upon..i realy dnt think i can make it to 700.I'll be happy now if i get 680..but lesser than that is nt acceptable.If i am getting 660 here and if these scores are to be relied say taking in a/c the stress and nervousness I'll score a 640ish in the real thing.

Now what do u think?I still havent booked the 7th date should i extend it?Should I go for it?Can i even improve furthur?!

I am no expert here, but it is clear that you are very excited and anxious about GMAT. You will have to calm down a little. I have been a victim of this and trust me it does not do any good. After so much of studying, the scores have improved but marginally. What you certainly need to do is to find out exactly where the problem lies.

- If you get tired, then as bb sugestted you should increase your endurance.
- If the mistakes you made in this test is conceptual mistakes, may be you need to go back to the books and refresh concepts again.
- Find your weaknesses and conquer them.
- Practice as much as you can. Then when you seem you are ready, go for the real deal.

Enjoy the ride. Make it an experience. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
YEs u got it right..I am so jittery..how do i know whether I have peaked?Maybe these are my best scores or maybe not..wanted to set a date so i have a fixed deadline n' can set up a study plan..
GMAT Club Bot