Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:47 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 744 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1448 [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
hi,

i am christoph from germany and this site is very important to me. thank u to the founders :-D

i plane to take the gmat in december and then i apply to insead, imd and sda bocconi !

cheers christoph !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I discovered this site a day before I took the actual GMAT on Oct 23rd. I wish I had discovered this site earlier. It really would have boosted my scores (and my confidence) a great deal. This is one awesome site! I'm going to retake my GMAT on December 3rd and will be an active participant (or lurker :P) on these forums.

I have a Comp Sci Masters and an Econ Undergrad. I have about two and a half years W/E and plan to take the social-entrepreneurial route in a couple years. I'm applying to Stanford, Haas, Harvard, Yale and Duke.

I'm targetting a 700 plus score in December. Although I'm pretty good at Quant, I froze during the middle of the exam and didn't do as well as I'd hoped. My scores are 610 (Q-35 V-40) I'm hoping that the bi-weekly Challenges on this site will help me get over my "performance anxiety".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Send PM
Hi, everyone. You can read about my test-taking experiences under my recent thread "My scores." It's sufficed to say that I am the strongest in AWA (6.0), above average in quantitative, and around average in verbal. I'm going through the posts to figure out my study strategy.

I was a former pre-med turned liberal arts major. I hope to attend a MBA program that has a strong curriculum across the board.

My top-choice school right now is Indiana, although this may change since I plan to visit a few more schools in the near future. I went to a large world renown public research university in the U.S. as an undergrad. Because I didn't have a very good experience there, this time around I'm paying more attention to fit.

Application deadlines for Round 2 are coming up in January. I'm willing to delay submitting my applications until I achieve a GMAT score of 700. I do know that merit scholarships might be limited after Round 2.

Thank you for setting up this community.

Sincerely,

Questor
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi, my name is latisha and i am currently gunning for a 650-700 score on the gmat in the next six weeks. i graduated with a b.s. in hospitality in 2002 from MSU and i plan on pursuing my masters in the same field. i have been working in the restaurant industry for the past eight years. any help that i can receive to help me achieve my goal is greatly appreciated. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
I finally got around to this :-D

My name is Gayathri, I am from India but have been in the US the past 6 yrs. I have a MS in EE from Ohio State and 3 yrs work experience in product mktg/ mgmt. I lost my job in september as the start up company I was working for was not able to secure funding. So arnd the last week of october I decided to channel my energy to getting my GMAT taken care off as I have never been able to find the time to prepare when I was working. So, I am spending 1/4 of my time preparing for GMAT, 1/2 of my time on job search and the remaining 1/4 with my other interests such as art, learning spanish, reading and not to forget my husband!

This forum has been a great way for me to share my questions and get answers and I look forward to meeting other GMAT buddies here!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Send PM
Better late than never. so here I am. my Name is Vasudha. I have a masters in Computer Science from Texas Tech University. Started out as a developer in the start up company here in austin, Now the product manager of the same. I took my Gmat before thanksgiving and screwed it big time.. 570!!!! ouch ouch :x :cry: Aiming for Mc combs right here in austin.. need to get 700 come what may..working on it.. started to participate in the forums more .Hope to contribute more in the future
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am Indian,currently working in US as a consultant, work experience 8 yrs in software consulting.I have done Bachelors(B.Tech) in Computer Science from India.

I am aiming for a GMAT score of 700+. I have taken GMAT twice (530 Q38 V25 600 Q44 V28).I have been preparing for about 1.5 yrs off and on.But did some serious study as of lately for about a month.

My plans to get an MBA from a top business school in US and take a one step ahead in my career.

My challenges are time management and Verbal Section(RC,CR and SC).I devote too much time on individual questions and therefore I have to guess my questions in the end.In my second attempt,I had to leave about 2 questions in Quant and 10 questions in Verbal.I do not know if it is with me or everybody has to guess some questions in the end.Also Verbal,I get stuck with SC and CR questions and I have no time left for RC questions.

I have been active in the forum for about couple of months and hope to learn from other members and contribute as well.

Thanks all for your support and encouragement !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

My name is Kenrick. I graduated in Dec. 1999 with a BA in Biology and a minor in Business from the University of Texas at Austin.

I took the GMAT for the 1st time yesterday aiming for a 680+ but received a 630.

3 1/2 weeks ago I submitted Part I of the Northwestern (Kellogg) application including the application fee.

So that is my story.

Originally posted by ghangis1 on 21 Dec 2004, 21:52.
Last edited by ghangis1 on 17 Mar 2005, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all,

My name is Shawn. I am a product manager for a pay media based software company in southern california. I started my own digital rights management company about a year after moving to southern california and have been kind of riding the wave ever since.

My goal for getting an MBA is broading my knoweldge base and creating a more transferable skill set. Most product managers are 5 - 10 years my senior and hold MBAs. I have the postion i do know as a direct result of my experince in this niche industry. So, I guess i am preparing myself in case their are any shifts in the market.

I also want to get an MBA to really help me take the next step my carrer. The ultimate job for me would be to the CEO of my own Venture Capital Group.

The schools I am looking at are HBS, Stanford, Columbia, Haas, Kelley and McComb.

I have taken the GMAT once already and absolutely choked. Despite scoring in the 650 range consistantly on all my practice exams I pulled an amazing score of 570.

I am not sure what happend but I scored lower than I had on any practice tests, in either category. Safe to say it was a sad day for yours truly.

So this time I plan on taking as much time as I need to study for the exam. Last time i studied for around 7 weeks, with a 1 week trip to china thrown in the middle.

That's really it about me... I look forward to learning from you all, and helping when I can.

Shawn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Hi, I am new to this site and I really really really like the vibe here. Wish I had discovered it earlier!!!

I am a Canadian who currently works in france. Gmat has been the biggest shadow over me in the past four years. I started a dot com company with a friend when I was 19 and that ignited my interest in business. I decided that I wanted to do mba but math has been the archenemy of my family for generations--like the Capulets and the Montagues. I just graduated in 04 with a double major in Eng and theatre and hadnt touched math since high school, but I did not want math to hinder me.

I started doing research about gmat around three years ago to slowly familiarize myself with the questions and slowly conquer my fear for math. I think it is more of a psychological issue and after a couple of years I was ready to face it. So I started studying this past September.

I did kaplan and on the diagnostic got 87% on verbal and 30% on quant. I approached the test strategically and studied the "stupid way" (since I am not a smart one) by copying down all the questions I got wrong so that I could go back and practice them a few more times. I went through some questions three or four times. This helped especially on Data Sufficiencies that deal with number properties.

I also collected books and practice questions from princeton review, kaplan, the OG, and test prep schools in Asia (Asians are supermen when it comes to standardized exams--esp. the math part). I compared techniques and formulas to find the most suitable, organzied them, and typed everything out. I think typing rules/formulas out or copying questions down really helped me. It helped me to remember things better, so maybe some of you can try it.
I also have a sheet that included prime numbers under 200, all the right angle triangles, squares and cubes, the quadratic formulas, the most common percent-decimal-fraction conversions...etc. I try to memorize these as much as possible.. This helped me a lot too with speed.

I went through about 4-5000 questions in the past 3 months and have seen significant improvement in quant--now it's around 80%. It's still not good enough, but I currently spend almost all my time studying, so hopefully it can still improve in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. I am very glad that I found this place before the exam, I will definitely visit often.
If any of you feel that gmat is too difficult to conquer, just look at me! If I--the math retard--can improve, ANYONE can improve.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Chantal wrote:
Hi, I am new to this site and I really really really like the vibe here. Wish I had discovered it earlier!!!

I went through about 4-5000 questions in the past 3 months and have seen significant improvement in quant--now it's around 80%. It's still not good enough, but I currently spend almost all my time studying, so hopefully it can still improve in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. I am very glad that I found this place before the exam, I will definitely visit often.
If any of you feel that gmat is too difficult to conquer, just look at me! If I--the math retard--can improve, ANYONE can improve.

so that means that I can be hopeful too for my math problem and that i'm not the only one; I will try to follow your path. :yes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
jasmine,

definitely stay hopeful. four months ago I couldn't even do addition without using my fingers. I am not kidding.
know your Numbers, Rules, and Formulas REALLY WELL. i'm not sure if i can upload word files to this website, but if you want, I can send u a doc I created with all the things that I think one should memorize and know by heart. It's a quiz sheet (plus answers) that I go through everyday.

you are in paris?? I'm in france as well. In fact, exactly two weeks from today I'll be in Paris to take my gmat! do you know anything about the test center in La Defence? anything I should be aware of?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone! I also googled upon this site and have only begun to read through the threads.
I'm in the very beginning stages of preparing for the GMAT, so I plan on reading through many of these threads for ideas and advice in preparation for it. I'm currently working in marketing for a software company here in the Bay Area, CA. My goal is to become a Manager, Director, maybe even a VP of marketing in the future, and having an MBA would help me to achieve this goal.
I'm a bit nervous about the GMAT, because I have always been a bad test taker, and math is definitely not a strong subject for me. I'm not so worried about the verbal section though, as I'm pretty good in that area, so I'm glad to see there are other mathematically challenged folks on here like me! Perhaps we can share study tactics;-)
A little about me:
I graduated from Purdue University with a BS in Computer Information Systems Technology in 1999. I worked for a small startup company in the engineering team doing product builds and demos. Gradually I started doing more demos and moved into the marketing group where I continued demos and also became the trainer for our products. I was also the technical writer there. I worked for about 4 years at that company before it went belly-up and am now working for a software company in the marketing group and am in charge of lead generation programs. I also head up our India telemarketing team and benchmarking efforts. Fun stuff!
I love Indian food, yoga, going to the gym, animal rescue and reading.
I look forward to getting to know some of you and participating in this forum.
:)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello. I am from Orange County and did a B.S. in Biological Sciences from UC Irvine. I have worked for 5 years in the student affairs field, and I am attending UCLA Anderson this fall. I took the GMAT twice, getting a 690 the first time and a 750 the second time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I am a 26 year old American living in Mexico City. I will be taking the test down here in late March. My goal is pretty high to offset some GPA issues i have. I would like to see a 750 or higher.

Not much else to report. Good to meet all of you. I hear this is a great way to prepare. I think back to high school and how much they prepapred me there for the SAT and now we have no formal resources so this kind of thing is great.

Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
I am a research associate at a biopharmaceutical company in the bay area (thats California for all who don't know). My goal like many is to get a >700 score to make up for my "slackerness" in college. My first choice in schools is Anderson by a long shot, but I would be open to Stanford :lol: I have taken advantage of this site for almost two months now and I plan on taking advantage of it for the months to come.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hi,
I am a software engineer ( consulting) with 7 years of experience ( 5 years in usa ) .
I am having a BS in Industrial Engineering . I am looking for a similar MBA in BW top 30 ( pref 1 year ) matching my profile . btw i am Indian living in USA .
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66