Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 11:43 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 11:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
definitely helpful! it's good to know what the most recent interviews have been like (as opposed to those posted in previous years).

good luck, i hope you get in
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Kudos
raven52 wrote:
definitely helpful! it's good to know what the most recent interviews have been like (as opposed to those posted in previous years).

You probably already know this but check https://www.clearadmit.com/wiki/index.ph ... =Main_Page for any updates.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
dabd10 wrote:
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I am quite familiar with Stern and have previously attended a SWIB event but I think I will take advantage of this event anyway. It can only help in my final decision. The only downfall is that I was previously accepted at another choice and need to tell them yes or no within 30 days. Stern is my #1 choice, though, so I'll figure something out. Thanks again.

The SWIB event is really good, and I remember seeing a lot of the girls from that day at Preview. The odds are the same, I am fairly confident, but the work put into the day events are really good (a class with Prof Marciano for example) and a really strong support network including a lot of alumni.

I would really consider trying to push back on the other school. Responding within 30 days in December is really quite early, so I think you might enjoy some success in pushing them back a little way. If not, contact admissions and explain your predicament. If they want to interview you, they want to interview you. It may be possible to work around it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
Kudos
Just did my interview earlier today, which I think went pretty well. The customized welcome folder is pretty impressive and gives a good rundown of potential clubs and programs to join based on my application.

Like others have said here, it was pretty relaxed and conversational. My interviewer had read my full app and was familiar with my essays. I didn't get any tricky interview questions, just why career-switch, what can you bring from your previous experience, why Stern, etc. I did have to recount a couple of specific stories from work about problems I have solved and a time I failed at something. But all in all, I think everyone here has thought through this stuff so much while doing apps that it shouldn't be a problem.

I also did the Lunch with students which was very relaxed, and all of the current students were awesome and helpful. I met solaris, who was helpful as always. It was hard to tell if I did "well" - but I guess there's no way to know... My interviewer told me I will probably hear something around mid-January. Good luck to everyone :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Thats great Swank!
Intern
Intern
3underscore wrote:
dabd10 wrote:
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I am quite familiar with Stern and have previously attended a SWIB event but I think I will take advantage of this event anyway. It can only help in my final decision. The only downfall is that I was previously accepted at another choice and need to tell them yes or no within 30 days. Stern is my #1 choice, though, so I'll figure something out. Thanks again.

The SWIB event is really good, and I remember seeing a lot of the girls from that day at Preview. The odds are the same, I am fairly confident, but the work put into the day events are really good (a class with Prof Marciano for example) and a really strong support network including a lot of alumni.

I would really consider trying to push back on the other school. Responding within 30 days in December is really quite early, so I think you might enjoy some success in pushing them back a little way. If not, contact admissions and explain your predicament. If they want to interview you, they want to interview you. It may be possible to work around it.

Thanks very much - I appreciate the reply. I agree that December is much too early to confirm anywhere and I'm working on pushing back. Thanks again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got interview invitation today.

The messages seem like they want the applicants to do interview on their campus to show some commitment and interest.

I am allocated in asia and have to monitor daily market movement. So leaving for NYC for the interview is really a burden. However I visited their campus 2weeks ago during my biz-trip and attended their infosession and had talk with the students. So i would like to request a phone interview

Adcomm says phone or alumni interview are extreamly rare, but do you guys heard of any past occasions?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got interview invitation today, too.
(requested an off-site interview in China)

Good luck~
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Sure they appreciate people coming to NYC, but they also understand that it isn't viable for some candidates - the expense for people from developing nations is prohibitive in many cases.

This is the reason why they have off-campus interviews. They are unusual in that these, if you can get them, are with AdCom and people who travel from NYC specifically for the purpose of interviews. This means that they are very much the same as you would have in New York in every way, though the downside is that by employing this method the number of interviews and timing is restricted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
for those that have not received interviews, are you all starting to get worried?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Columbia Business School, NYU
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Indeed :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Indeed.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
I think its way too soon to worry about it. Given the unusual nature of Essay 3, I imagine it would take them a while to process all the apps. Additionally, the interview deadline is still TWO MONTHS away (Feb 15th).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:Darden (R1), Ross (R1), Stern (R1), Fuqua (R1), Booth (R2)
Send PM
The general consensus I've gotten from reading these boards is that the bulk of interview invites will be sent in the first half of January. So nothing to be worried about yet...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
Schools: NYU Stern Class of 2012
 Q48  V48
GPA: 3.74
WE 1: GM, Diversified Financial Svcs.
WE 2: Sales & Trading
Send PM
Kudos
Got an acceptance email this afternoon (same exact time I got the acceptance call from Yale). Been one heck of a day! Interviewed Monday, 12/07.

Good luck to everyone, I could not have done it without this forum!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Kudos
I also got an acceptance email earlier this afternoon. I am so freakin' excited. So that makes the final order for me:

Submitted App: 11/12
Status Check Email: 11/16
Interview Invite: 12/3
Interview: 12/7
Decision: 12/18

I would reiterate what a few other people were saying today, though. I DEFINITELY DEFINITELY would not let this discourage anyone who hasn't heard yet... They specifically say that they will be sending interview invites through February, so I think this was just the first bulk they got through. GOOD LUCK to everyone!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Columbia Business School, NYU
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Wow! Congrats Nick and LB! Great way to kick off the weekend 8-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  54