Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 23:18 It is currently 22 May 2024, 23:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:ISB, UCLA,Darden
 Q49  V38
GPA: 2.0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep1 CR [#permalink]
Q.18/file CR2
The brief review: the Salcor receives the financial benefit from encouraging the people to have early treatment for high c. Then, Salcor do not need to insure the later-in-life possible heart attack cost. Salcor encourages Garnet. The conclusion: Salcor employees leave earlier-->Salcor has no financial incentive to do so to Renco. (unlike Garnet)
A. If early treatment is does not help to prevent later stoke, Salcor will not save for compensation cost. -->even strengthen the conclusion that there is no financial incentive to do so to R. (and G).

B. ppl get the treatment on their own.IMO, it is lightly neutral to irrelevant.

C. G hires employees significant # of employee from Renco--> it means that however, if the Renco em. are not early treated, Salcor has to pay for the compensation ANYWAY. (better treat early)--> there is financial incentive to do so now to Renco.--> weaken

D. # of employees is out of scope

E. Age of employee is out of scope

I think i could fall into A in the real test, just like you, since choice A. attacks the premise but may i humbly recommend you to stick with conclusion. I think this is what GMAT try to trick us on the hard Q.

donisback, hope this helps
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Please explain the solution for the attached CR.

Thanks,
Anil
Attachments

CR_doubts.doc [224.5 KiB]
Downloaded 181 times

Intern
Intern
Send PM
donisback wrote:

Thanks,
Anil

1.) Take away:20% shopping district will fail w/i 5 years because of Savemart(discounts store).Downtown faced and rebounded before. Conclusion: it will rebound again is ill founded because…
A. kind of biz that will be out is irrelevant
B Bus--> irrelevant
C. last case, shopping district faced different kind of competitor from this w/I 5 years case(discount store). There is no warrantee that the rebound will be successful=correct
D. SafeMart’s biz plan is irrelevant
E. this is somewhat restate the premise of 20% failing of store.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
donisback wrote:

Thanks,
Anil

2.)Take away: Agr. improves the nutritious by encouraging farmers to plant SPK (rich in Beta-->A) Conclusion: good chance of success because 1. main food 2. others contain little betaC.
A is weakening
B is lightly weakening to irrelevant
C. Irrelevant
D. No other varieties of sweet potatoes. In my opinion, this is lightly strengthen (less than E). The conclusion is just say that good chance of success, not become the best-selling of sweet potatoes./no other is quite extreme word.
E. it is simply said that make sure there is no other things that is at disadvantage. =strengthen to the degree that it can be the assumption. Alternative approach, negate E., “ the current potatoes contain important nutrients that SPK lacks” Now, the increase in Beta might not be appreciated by consumers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
donisback wrote:

Thanks,
Anil

3.)Take away: Nubians was at T disease area, but few disease evidences in skeletons. Skeletons have tetracy..(used to make Nubian diet) Conclusion: Tetracy..--> low in T disease.
A.Infectious diseases other than T.--> irrelevant
B.This says that Tetracycline capability is not destroyed via cooking diet./ Yet again, alternatively, negate B. If the Tetracy is ineffective antibiotic due to the cooking process, the tetracy will not be able to be the cause of low disease.
C.Transmit of disease is quite irrelevant. The conclusion focuses on the relationship between Tetracy and disease.
D.Not necessary. Even though, there is in other items or not, it is not going to affect the conclusion(relationship between Tetracy and disease)
E.irrelevant

Hope that helps. Good'luck on you Gday
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
OA is A.
I too thought it's C. Thanks BMindful for the remaining explanations. I hope I'll have an easy exam on Monday

BMindful wrote:

1.) Take away:20% shopping district will fail w/i 5 years because of Savemart(discounts store).Downtown faced and rebounded before. Conclusion: it will rebound again is ill founded because…
B Bus--> irrelevant
C. last case, shopping district faced different kind of competitor from this w/I 5 years case(discount store). There is no warrantee that the rebound will be successful=correct
Intern
Intern
Send PM
donisback wrote:
OA is A.
I too thought it's C. Thanks BMindful for the remaining explanations. I hope I'll have an easy exam on Monday

BMindful wrote:

B Bus--> irrelevant

if this is the case. I do not think that i am able to help you on this. We misinterpret the C. you may check this link out.
https://gmatclub.com:8080/forum/viewtopic.php?p=543631

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Critical Reasoning (CR) Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts