Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 05:19 It is currently 06 May 2024, 05:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Send PM
Re: MGMAT Online vs. Knewton - which course? [#permalink]
Thanks - very helpful advice. Do you know if Knewton's material is regarded as being as rigorous as MGMAT's?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
carriedinterest wrote:
Thanks - very helpful advice. Do you know if Knewton's material is regarded as being as rigorous as MGMAT's?

I've stumbled upon some posts about Knewton and I read somewhere that they have a lot of easy to medium-level questions but lack a lot of hard 700+ questions. With that being said, I've also read that they're curriculum does a pretty good job covering a lot of the fundamentals. MGMAT is more geared towards individuals looking to cross that 700+ barrier. If you're just starting off, try going with Knewton and then gradually supplement it with MGMAT guides as they are IMO the best in the business.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Send PM
Update: I've gone with MGMAT. Knewton was very tempting, but I ultimately chose Manhattan due to the strength of their materials and shorter course length (9 weeks vs. 13 weeks at Knewton).
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Great news! Thanks for choosing us! If you have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to contact us.

:-D

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Expert Reply
carriedinterest wrote:
I have decided to enroll in an online prep course before taking the GMAT in April / May. Having read a number of positive reviews on this (and other) sites, I've narrowed my choice to MGMAT Online or Knewton. Though both programs have been reviewed in depth on this forum, I haven't come across a side-by-side comparison of the two.

Hi carriedinterest,

Sounds like you've already mad your choice, but I wanted to throw in a few reasons for future readers to consider Veritas Prep's live online GMAT course (which we call Virtual Veritas Prep):

In Virtual Veritas Prep, our instructors teach the exact same 42 hours of in-class material, in an identical fashion, as they do in person. Students receive the same 15 lesson booklets, 15 GMAT practice tests, over 1500 problems, and 25 hours per week of toll-free phone support and unlimited email support. This is more than what any other leading GMAT prep company offers.

Students and instructors collaborate using an interactive whiteboard and instant messaging utility making note-taking fast and easy. Every Virtual Veritas Prep class is equipped with two instructors (who both have scored in the 99th percentile on a real GMAT and have passed our extensive screening and training process), allowing the primary instructor to teach the material while the secondary instructor acts like a teaching assistant, answering student questions. Students are able to instant message their questions to the secondary instructor and receive answers, all without missing a sentence from the lead instructor.

Not only do you get access to our live online course, but you'll also receive six months of access to Veritas Prep on Demand, our self-paced online course. This is ideal for when you might miss a Virtual Veritas Prep class or you want to review the material again. And, because we record all Virtual Veritas Prep™ class sessions, students can replay any sessions they want, at their convenience, for six months from the start of their course.

Like our in-person classes, Virtual Veritas Prep is backed up by our simple guarantee:
You may retake one Veritas Prep course of equal or lesser value, for any reason, free of charge within 6 months of the course start date. If you take a Veritas Prep Full Course, Virtual Veritas Prep Course, or Veritas Prep Intensive Course and your score doesn’t improve, we will refund your entire tuition or you can repeat the course free of charge!

Best regards,
Scott

P.S. You can also enroll in Veritas Prep on Demand (our self-paced online course) by itself. You can learn more about that here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 374 [0]
Send PM
Veritas Prep is possibly the worst GMAT course available on the market. I attended Veritas Prep. live class conducted in a hotel near Stanford University, Palo Alto.

If you want to save money then either go with MGMAT or Knewton but don't waste your time or money on Veritas Prep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
MGMAT was really great. i had less time and i went thru only the tests and used the test analyses. It was great! i improved my scores with just the indepth analyses they gave. (i had already covered the core course once, a year ago-not from MGMAT. Plus i covered most of the 10th OG).

i have also been thru the Knewton course. My experience was very bad. Altho the course material is good, but it suffered from various big drawbacks (which are probably hidden from view at the outset because of their hype about being adaptive and about the money back guarantee. as such i think if you take any course with the mental surety that you WILL achieve 50 more points on GMAT, you will be able to get there with your hard work)

MGMAT is good.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Both the options are good...But i my fiend has taken manhattan and improved 12o points.....
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Since this thread has been reopened, I guess it's Knewton's turn to take the stand. We are, indeed, adaptive. The GMAT is an adaptive exam, which is why it makes a lot of sense to prep for it using the same structure. Our CATs were developed by one of the chief designers of the actual GMAT, so we're pretty confident in the accuracy of our algorithms. Our content is rigorous, and since it's all online, the number of core class sessions (13) really has little bearing on how long it takes anyone to complete it. All of our classes, in both our Complete Prep and Premium Live versions, are video archived, which means you can access them whenever you want and move through the course at entirely your own pace. Complete Prep offers 4 months of course access, and Premium Live offers a full year. Premium live also offers 24 hours of supplemental live instruction every week - 6 days a week, 4 hours per day - where students can dive deeper into problem areas and interact with teachers. We guarantee a 50 point improvement on your previous official GMAT score or your first Knewton diagnostic, which is a pretty hard deal to argue with.

We strive to provide an excellent prep experience to all of our students, and we generally succeed. Our final course satisfaction ratings are overwhelmingly positive from students who have completed the course. As in any service organization, there will inevitably be students who are unhappy for one reason or another. Ritu2301, I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with Knewton. I'm sure that if you brought your problems to a student support adviser, they were happy to hear you out and work on a solution. I do agree that anyone can improve by 50 points if they put in the work, but it's still nice to be guaranteed your money back if you don't ; )

I hope this is helpful. Please don't hesitate to reach out via PM with any questions.

Good luck studying!

Jessie
Knewton GMAT Team
GMAT Club Bot