Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 00:43 It is currently 08 May 2024, 00:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MSA at Boston College [#permalink]
Congrats!

I also got a package (Fedex overnight) today. I had an interview last week and got the package today.

They offered me 4k scholarship, but what I have heard from others is that BC usually gives a lot more than 4k.

My GMAT is 700 and GPA is like 3.98 and I am an accounting major. I kidna expected more than 4k, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Anyways, I am considering among UVA with 5K Scholarship, BC with 4k, and UT-Austin (decision not yet released).

Is scholarship usually 3-6 K range or what? I actually know someone who got 10k from BC a year ago and his spec was like 650 GMAT and 3.4 GPA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
iamjakekim wrote:
Congrats!

I also got a package (Fedex overnight) today. I had an interview last week and got the package today.

They offered me 4k scholarship, but what I have heard from others is that BC usually gives a lot more than 4k.

My GMAT is 700 and GPA is like 3.98 and I am an accounting major. I kidna expected more than 4k, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Anyways, I am considering among UVA with 5K Scholarship, BC with 4k, and UT-Austin (decision not yet released).

Is scholarship usually 3-6 K range or what? I actually know someone who got 10k from BC a year ago and his spec was like 650 GMAT and 3.4 GPA.

Did you apply for the program that starts in the fall or summer?

Do all accepted applicants do interviews?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jsslvtt wrote:

Did you apply for the program that starts in the fall or summer?

Do all accepted applicants do interviews?

For BC, I believe everyone has to be interviewed. For UVA, I didnt have any interview but I know at least two people who had interviews with UVA.

I applied for the fall because I have an internship going on over the summer. Anyways, I dropped BC and probably going to UVA or UT-Austin(if they let me in hehe).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BC only interviews if they think they need to. I never interviewed with BC and they admitted me. Texas never interviews, USC/UNC have mandatory interviews.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
My girlfriend has been accepted at BC with $, UVA, and WUSTL... neither BC nor UVA asked for an interview. (She had a 680 GMAT, 3.64 GPA, and 2 good internships with a large finance company).

iamjakekim - when did you get your scholarship decision from UVA? She's still waiting to hear what her package is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hypermeganet wrote:
My girlfriend has been accepted at BC with $, UVA, and WUSTL... neither BC nor UVA asked for an interview. (She had a 680 GMAT, 3.64 GPA, and 2 good internships with a large finance company).

iamjakekim - when did you get your scholarship decision from UVA? She's still waiting to hear what her package is.

UVA called me on Tuesday and told me that they had a committee meeting on the day before and made decisions. I *think* the person who called me said that she was calling scholarship recipients individually because turn around time is only a week.

Anyways, isn't your GF with 12K BC schoalrship? Im pretty sure she will have a decent offer from UVA too. Call UVA or something to verify.

But once again, I am an international candidate and many schools release admission and scholarship decisions in a different time frame. For example, UT-Austin doesnt offer rolling admissions for internationals and they will release decisions at once (Mid-March).

Call or email UVA. They get back to you within 24hrs. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anybody here actually going to go to BC? It seems that all those who have been accepted are leaning towards a different school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I didn't know UVA has Master of Science program??? From their website,I can only see the MBA program(s).
Yeah,I will be going to BC.. I got a 10K scholarship.
Kinda can't wait until August.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nowiman wrote:
I didn't know UVA has Master of Science program??? From their website,I can only see the MBA program(s).

Sure they do.
https://www.commerce.virginia.edu/academic_programs/MSACCOUNTING/Pages/index.aspx
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nowiman wrote:

Wow, that is a lot of money. Can you share your stats?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
iamjakekim wrote:
UVA called me on Tuesday and told me that they had a committee meeting on the day before and made decisions. I *think* the person who called me said that she was calling scholarship recipients individually because turn around time is only a week.

Anyways, isn't your GF with 12K BC schoalrship? Im pretty sure she will have a decent offer from UVA too. Call UVA or something to verify.

But once again, I am an international candidate and many schools release admission and scholarship decisions in a different time frame. For example, UT-Austin doesnt offer rolling admissions for internationals and they will release decisions at once (Mid-March).

Call or email UVA. They get back to you within 24hrs. :)

Yep, that's my gf. And I did email UVA, they responded saying that they had already made initial scholarship offerings, and that if people declined their offer, others would be offered scholarships in their place. I've never heard of schools using that format for scholarship decisions before.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ive gotten similar offers where they said they would give it to somebody else. I just think the programs only have so much money to give away cause there are only 40-100 spots, and remember even at Texas or UNC, the accounting masters are secondary to the MBA in terms of resources available and class size let alone UVA and BC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Do any of you guys/girls plan on going to BC?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bbmccarn wrote:
Do any of you guys/girls plan on going to BC?

I am thinking either UVA or Texas. I dont know when UT is going to release decisions for international candidates. Fingers crossed. hehe
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well I finally got accepted to BC yesterday, so I am now wondering when I will find out if i got any money... Do they send that together with the stuff in the mail? How soon will they send it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you get a scholarship it will be in your fedexed scholarship package.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When should I be expecting the Scholarship stuff. I just received the online acceptance yesterday but it doesn't give any information about when I will get the acceptance packet or any scholarship stuff...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts