Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 16:15 It is currently 07 May 2024, 16:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73104 [0]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73104 [0]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: 99% verbal, 48% math -- Need serious math help! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Exellon wrote:
I have a somewhat similar problem. High verbal, lower quant.

It seems like the quant stuff is all about using easy formulas in tricky ways. You may think you know all the basic stuff, but you probably only know it one way. The GMAT will test you in 10 different ways. I've gone through some math problems and some manuals which seems to help.

I'm under the impression that if you were to do every single math question in the 12th edition GMAT guide and GMAT club tests and carefully review your answers, you won't be surprised on the actual test.

Close though you can always get surprised on the test - the whole concept of the GMAT is to "surprise" you so to speak with a non-typical question.
However, definitely helps to get the practice of seeing questions you may never have encountered before and patterns you are not familiar with.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Amazing verbal score. Seriously, one I can only dream of
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Amazing verbal score.
This might be a wrong thread, but please let me know if you need help with math, as I will need your help with my verbal in return.
My most recent score: (Q49, V31). Please PM me if you are interested!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q42  V40
GPA: 3.35
WE 1: IT Business Analyst-Building Materials Industry
Send PM
Same positition as you, except I'm not very good at SC. I have been through all the MGMAT Quant guides and OG 11, OG 12, OG quant. I have kept an error log and have reviewed my OG 12 errors already, I still can't make any progress. What puzzles me though is that my first MGMAT quant score was a 40, I have taken 3 since then with quants scores in the low 30's and between the 2nd and 3rd test scored a 47 in quant on GMAT Prep #2. I'm just getting really frustrated now and it is good to see more people like me (High V low Q) on this forum. I think will go through all the errors I have made in the OG editions, then through the errors in the MGMAT CAts, and then go through the GMAT Club Challenges. I just hope that boosts my quant I am shooting for a 47-48. Keep me posted on your progress, and what works or doesn't work. Good luck.
GMAT Club Bot