Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 22:49 It is currently 05 May 2024, 22:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Brand Management
Schools:Schulich class of 2012
 Q35  V48
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
 Q35  V48
Send PM
Re: Canadian MBA- Entrepreneurship & Sustainable Power [#permalink]
warrak2000 wrote:
Well krussell, Queen's was not in the ranking list of FT 2010, however, Alberta was among the best 100 MBAs. I'm not very sure how accurate FT ranking is!!

Thanks anyway...

They need to participate in the studies. That's why Schulich gets so many accolades - they participate in every single one! Queen's is notorious for not competing in these things (even those BW rates them number one outside of the USA)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Makes sense, thanks krussell for all these information.

P.S. may I ask how good is John Molson in MBA, since it’s mentioned in your list of schools.

Thanks...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [2]
 Q35  V48
Send PM
Kudos
I actually started the entire MBA application process to get into JMSB, but my mind changed after I saw their rankings and their terrible customer service for applicants.

All I can say is that their staff are very unprofessional and their administration is appalling. Their career stats are pretty bad too ($66K average starting salary), so I didn't really find it worth my while. It's supposed to be a very progressive and liberal school, and it's smack dab in downtown Montreal which is very exciting! But I personally didn't find it worth it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
krussell wrote:
I actually started the entire MBA application process to get into JMSB, but my mind changed after I saw their rankings and their terrible customer service for applicants.

All I can say is that their staff are very unprofessional and their administration is appalling. Their career stats are pretty bad too ($66K average starting salary), so I didn't really find it worth my while. It's supposed to be a very progressive and liberal school, and it's smack dab in downtown Montreal which is very exciting! But I personally didn't find it worth it.

Well thanks for the advice "Kudos", however, I think I've read somewhere that most Canadian B/S’s average starting salary is around $70K (except Ivey and Rotman).

Nevertheless, I would like to hear people opinion about average starting salary of Canadian business schools.

Thanks,
Yahya
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
 Q35  V48
Send PM
Kudos
102,839-Ivey
96,436-Rotman
85,547-Schulich
83,514-Sauder
83,435-Desautels
79,383-U of A

According to FT https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... a-rankings

The info I got from Rotman said the last class average was at $89K at the info from Schulich said $87K.

Like I said, these six (and Queen's) are probably the only real top-tier schools in Canada. Desautels is going down in the rankings. UofT had a huge bounce back with their new dean.

A lot of other schools like UVic, Haskayne, and HEC are so locally based, you won't have a hope in hell of standing out based on your graduate degree unless you stick to your province. I'd go as far as saying the same about UofA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
krussell wrote:
102,839-Ivey
96,436-Rotman
85,547-Schulich
83,514-Sauder
83,435-Desautels
79,383-U of A

According to FT https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... a-rankings

You should be careful with these numbers. some school's report an average salary including bonuses and other incentives when only a fraction of the student body gets these things.

best bet is to look at each school's specific employment reports and judge for yourself, i found the lack of reporting information to say a lot about a school.
GMAT Club Bot