Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Investment Management
 Q50  V40
GPA: Dismal
WE 1: Information Technology (9 yrs)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Concentration: Media, Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools:NYU Stern' 2012
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey coakleym,

Did you finish your Kroll? I will submit it this week, guess its going to take a long time!

Also, good luck to WLs, I remember last year many students were admitted for summer start pretty late and some were taken after being put on WL w/o interview. So I hope you guys will hear good news soon.

coakleym wrote:
Which one?

Congrats again! You're going to have a lot of fun at whichever awesome school you end up enrolling.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Thanks eowyn. Good to hear such positive updates :) Fingers crossed ....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Slightly off-topic but, those enrolled/admitted come celebrate happy hour and those on the wait-list come drown your sorrows at Dove next wednesday https://gmatclub.com/forum/nyc-meet-up-5-5-7pm-the-dove-92710.html
Current Student
Send PM
eowyn wrote:
Hey coakleym,

Did you finish your Kroll? I will submit it this week, guess its going to take a long time!

Hey! Sorry I didnt see this earlier. I have not heard back from Stern yet, no, but I didn't get the check started until the day before admit weekend. It also took awhile to get the docs they wanted. So excited to get that final approval and start in the fall.

Also, to all the waitlisters, there were so many students at admit weekend that were on the fence between Stern and other schools. (The most common choices were Wharton, Kellogg and to a lesser degree Yale SOM.) Many of them are going to withdraw or not have paid the deposit on Monday. That'll hopefully free up some space for all you guys/ladies. If you hear good news, be sure to post and let us know!

Finally, I second the Dove call. Make it out if you can. Hope to see everyone there.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Kudos
eowyn wrote:

Also, to all the waitlisters, there were so many students at admit weekend that were on the fence between Stern and other schools. (The most common choices were Wharton, Kellogg and to a lesser degree Yale SOM.) Many of them are going to withdraw or not have paid the deposit on Monday. That'll hopefully free up some space for all you guys/ladies. If you hear good news, be sure to post and let us know!

]

Hey all, hopefully the spot I freed up by withdrawing my application will give an acceptance to a deserving member of GmatClub! Stern is a fantastic school--good luck to everyone and enjoy the Big Apple!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance - investment management
 Q48  V45
WE 1: IT project management - major publishing company (2.5 years)
WE 2: IT consulting - top IT consulting firm (2.5 years)
Send PM
Kudos
To all my fellow wait listers...

Has anyone gotten an interview invite and/or accepted of the wait list yet?

It looks like the initial notification date for round 3 is June 1. Do you think the Rd 3 apps and the wait list are being reviewed side by side for the remaining spots, or is Rd 3 getting reviewed first? If Rd 3 is getting reviewed first, then the wait list may not see any action until June.

At this point I have already started my 2011 application strategy. Even if I do get lucky and get accepted off of the wait list, I am beginning to wonder if it will be better to just wait for Fall 2011 and try to get in somewhere with a scholarship and/or a place that is cheaper to live. Most likely that decision will be made for me by the Stern AdCom.
Current Student
Send PM
greytmba wrote:
To all my fellow wait listers...

Has anyone gotten an interview invite and/or accepted of the wait list yet?

It looks like the initial notification date for round 3 is June 1. Do you think the Rd 3 apps and the wait list are being reviewed side by side for the remaining spots, or is Rd 3 getting reviewed first? If Rd 3 is getting reviewed first, then the wait list may not see any action until June.

At this point I have already started my 2011 application strategy. Even if I do get lucky and get accepted off of the wait list, I am beginning to wonder if it will be better to just wait for Fall 2011 and try to get in somewhere with a scholarship and/or a place that is cheaper to live. Most likely that decision will be made for me by the Stern AdCom.

I too am having the same thoughts greytmba!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
The new US NEWS MBA Rankings (2011) is out. The new top ten:

1. Harvard, Stanford
3. Sloan
4. Kellogg
5. Booth, Wharton
7. Tuck, Haas
9. Stern, Columbia

About twenty years ago, NYU Law School used to hover around #10. But they got a really great dean who took the school through a major transformation. Today, the law school is ranked #5.

I heard that there is a similar effort going on now for the business school. Stern has been hovering around #10/#11 in the recent years. I heard they are now actively trying to push it up into the top 5 (like the law school did).

They successfully recruited the new Dean, Peter Henry (https://faculty-gsb.stanford.edu/henry/Homepage/PDF/Peter%20Henry%20CV-March%202009.pdf) and the Nobel laureate in economics, Andrew Michael Spence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Spence) from Stanford. Things are looking good and there is a lot of positive energy in the community.
Current Student
Send PM
A friend told me that his friend was dinged off the NYU waitlist. So there is some action going on in the waitlist. Just an FYI for those who haven't heard anything.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Do you know if he was an R1 applicant or R2 ?

Not that it matters I guess .. but still .... :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have a question for those who filled in the background check info for Kroll. Aside from educational and job history verification, do they also verify the extra-curriculars/volunteer work. I ask because I used to volunteer at an organization's local chapter that closed last year because of lack of funds. I am not sure if their head office keeps info on volunteers of their local chapters. So I am not sure whether to provide them that info or not...if it's even asked at all.
Current Student
Send PM
Cybernut wrote:
Have a question for those who filled in the background check info for Kroll. Aside from educational and job history verification, do they also verify the extra-curriculars/volunteer work. I ask because I used to volunteer at an organization's local chapter that closed last year because of lack of funds. I am not sure if their head office keeps info on volunteers of their local chapters. So I am not sure whether to provide them that info or not...if it's even asked at all.

To my knowledge, no. They didn't contact recommenders either, at least for me. Also, mine finished in about two weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@coakleym - thanks for that info.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
gkumar wrote:
A friend told me that his friend was dinged off the NYU waitlist. So there is some action going on in the waitlist. Just an FYI for those who haven't heard anything.

Thanks for that info. Do you know if your friend was interviewed or dinged w/o an interview?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
sj0509 wrote:
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet ? I'm assuming we'll start to see some movement from the 26th onwards ...

(I'm waitlisted from R2 w/o interview)

Why the 26th? Is that the deadline for admitted students to make a decision and submit a deposit?
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V40
Send PM
mbaTime wrote:
sj0509 wrote:
Has anyone gotten off the waitlist yet ? I'm assuming we'll start to see some movement from the 26th onwards ...

(I'm waitlisted from R2 w/o interview)

Why the 26th? Is that the deadline for admitted students to make a decision and submit a deposit?

Yes, that's right ... 26th of April was the deadline for that ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Stern
 Q45  V41
Send PM
notification deadline for R3 is June 1st. I assume that is when we start to see activity.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  54