Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
GoBruins wrote:
db66460 wrote:
Thanks JZ. Thats exactly what I needed. Good luck to all.

Well everyone should enjoy tomorrow, the last day of calmness.. (relatively) the one good thing is that INSEAD is a boom boom boom, 3 days and we're done.. If it was kellogg it would be like, trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..

I think kellogg must be run by the chinese.. Chinese water torture..

ouch, aren't all B-schools? LOL
well it's tuesday afternoon now in Asia, and if calls do start coming on Wednesday....

I need to start praying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
vodkacran wrote:
GoBruins wrote:
db66460 wrote:
Thanks JZ. Thats exactly what I needed. Good luck to all.

Well everyone should enjoy tomorrow, the last day of calmness.. (relatively) the one good thing is that INSEAD is a boom boom boom, 3 days and we're done.. If it was kellogg it would be like, trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..trickle..

I think kellogg must be run by the chinese.. Chinese water torture..

ouch, aren't all B-schools? LOL
well it's tuesday afternoon now in Asia, and if calls do start coming on Wednesday....

I need to start praying.

Strange... I thought waterboarding was illegal.

LOL
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hi, everyone. I thought I'd post a joke to ease our tensions:

"A man was in the restaurant yesterday when he suddenly realized that he desperately
needed to pass gas. The music was really, really loud, so he timed his
gas with the beat of the music.

After a couple of songs, he started to feel better. He finished his coffee,
and noticed that everybody was staring at him...

Then he suddenly remembered that he was listening to his iPod."

JZ

good one JZHANG2008

I am back from my vacation in France, ( yes France, to already get a taste of french country side, I was at Normandy)..now its back to refreshing my email box and looking at my phone if I missed any calls :roll: :|
this wait is really killing...not able to concentrate at work at all....
all the best to all the folks in this forum!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools:INSEAD: Waitlisted Jan 2010, Interview invite Jan 2011.
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
ramanathanblue wrote:

I am back from my vacation in France, ( yes France, to already get a taste of french country side, I was at Normandy)..now its back to refreshing my email box and looking at my phone if I missed any calls :roll: :|
this wait is really killing...not able to concentrate at work at all....
all the best to all the folks in this forum!

Tres bien! for those who haven't specifically checked, the country code for France is +33. So that's the prefix to look out for on the mobile phone screen :roll:

All the best to everyone for the D-day tomorrow and here's hoping all of us get through and make a good group of friends at Fonty.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
rishiphadke wrote:
All the best to everyone for the D-day tomorrow and here's hoping all of us get through and make a good group of friends at Fonty.

Or in Singapore!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Very stressful. I cannot stop thinking about the outcome. I am spending more hours at work to beat this. How is everyone coping?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Engineering - Logistics
Schools:INSEAD - Jan 2011
Send PM
artgirl wrote:
Very stressful. I cannot stop thinking about the outcome. I am spending more hours at work to beat this. How is everyone coping?

Same thing here: trying to get my mind off this by working a lot.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Rakham wrote:
artgirl wrote:

It can sound funny, But i am just not able to work :roll: :roll: :oops:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Part of the reason why I am spending more hours at work is that I am unable to concentrate and that my efficiency has gone down :oops:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
Having a bad day at work and on top of that I am unable to concentrate; hoping for the best for all of us in this group!
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD / LBS (admit)
Send PM
Whoa! Are they calling tomorrow? I thought it was Friday... this certainly bumps up the excitement!!

Good luck to everyone - I haven't been posting much but have been reading; you seem like a great group !
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
 Q49  V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Rakham wrote:
artgirl wrote:

Drink up a glass of wine hoping I can drink those like a shower in Fonty next year! :oops:
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
One more day to go. Urggg, I can't concentrate on anything today. So what did I do? I went on line and found another joke for y'all:

"The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem...."

:wink: Best wishes to those in Europe or Asia...I think you will be the first to hear the good news.

JZ
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
One more day to go. Urggg, I can't concentrate on anything today. So what did I do? I went on line and found another joke for y'all:

"The Americans and the Japanese decided to engage in a competitive boat race. Both teams practiced hard and long to reach their peak performance. On the big day they felt ready.

The Japanese won by a mile. Afterward, the American team was discouraged by the loss. Morale sagged. Corporate management decided that the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found, so a consulting firm was hired to investigate the problem and recommended corrective action.

The consultant's finding: The Japanese team had eight people rowing and one person steering; the American team had one person rowing and eight people steering.

After a year of study and millions spent analyzing the problem, the consultant firm concluded that too many people were steering and not enough were rowing on the American team.

So as race day neared again the following year, the American team's management structure was completely reorganized. The new structure: four steering managers, three area steering managers and a new performance review system for the person rowing the boat to provide work incentive.

The next year, the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American corporation laid off the rower for poor performance and gave the managers a bonus for discovering the problem...."

:wink: Best wishes to those in Europe or Asia...I think you will be the first to hear the good news.

JZ

Good One :)
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
You set the bar high with the first joke. thanks for providing constant entertainment - keep'em coming! I also have a question - does anyone have insight into ACTUAL acceptance rates for candidates that have been interviewed. Reason I say actual, is because i know the party line is "higher than 50%." Somehow, I believe that INSEAD is more lenient and really does make its largest cut before interviews. If i am right, it should make everyone feel better. Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Yale SOM (admit), Insead 11D Rd I
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
I don't think that INSEAD posts its admission rates but from what I can tell the 50% marker seems representative.

That said, once again from the American perspective, I understand that things are extremely competitive. My interviewer, who is a regional alumni club head, had returned from an American alumni head summit in NYC right before we spoke. He noted that there has been an enormous push in recent years to raise INSEAD's profile in the US. As a result, applications were up exponentially in 2010 (he did not provide exact numbers, but said that it was incredibly greater than previous years), and since there's still a cap of 10-15% for any particular nationality, competition is cut throat for Yankees. On the other hand, the school has to admit someone and passing the interview stage is a big step, so my fingers are crossed for us gmatClubbers.

As a note, it's been a pleasure to read such a positive board. My fingers are crossed that we round I applicants will all be successful and see each other in January.

Best of luck to all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:HBS - Class of 2012, INSEAD,
 Q50  V42
Send PM
surefire wrote:
Whoa! Are they calling tomorrow? I thought it was Friday... this certainly bumps up the excitement!!

Good luck to everyone - I haven't been posting much but have been reading; you seem like a great group !

Don't get too excited. They will start calling tomorrow, but you might only get called on Thursday or Friday.

As for the 50%, I think it's fairly accurate.

Good luck all. It really is a fun bunch of people here applying to INSEAD Jan 2011. Hope you all make it in. :-)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  70