Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:00 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1027 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Marketing
 Q44  V19 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: If you got 530,what would you do? [#permalink]
Since there is still time for R II, I would go with - A
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 749 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Same here, Go for A.
Sometimes the first time (from other people's experience) can be a shook. Give it at least one more try. Try to find your weak spots by analyzing the simulation tests you took, and work hard on the topics you have to most trouble with.
Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Did you just mass CATs for a week or something? You can't really learn concepts that well doing that.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
No matter, what your CAT practice scores was or what material you used I will suggest go for retake. Make study plan and stick to that plan, you will get good results.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1027 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Marketing
 Q44  V19 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
Breakdown;

I have to say that the place i got the exam is cool,there is no distractions. some wierd things happened for sure such as they want me to take off my belt:). there was 4 computer and very quite.

AWA

I finished Argument essay in 15 min.it was about Apex Manufacturing Company tried new system to increase profits. It was easy.

for Issue essay, kind of confused me,i cant say the samething. It was abou sports benefit at least i got it like that.

Quant

First question was easy as much as coming 2. Then i did wrong 3th for sure,and then i was not sure about 4th and 5th. I lost control,started to panic and think if i blowed in quant,which i am strong,what i am gonna do in verbal. when i came back it was 20th question. BUT I was so late and need to catch the time so i picked some answers without solving. anyway when i finished quant i was sure that i f!cked up.

Verbal

No need to say V19 i have never get that score before. I finished verbal before 20 at the end.

Q44 V19 S530

Dawgie wrote:
Wait what happened? I thought you were doing great on practice tests? You should prep more, you can get higher than that.

i am shocked my friend. as you know i am pretty good about quant check my score damn Q44

Practice Cat exams average;

My kaplan average was 640, Q49

Gmatprep average 610, Q48

Princton Review 680,Q50

Mgmat free one 590,Q47

when i see 530,i really think that someone made a joke. Guess how i fell.

shaselai wrote:
when are you applying to schools? what materials did you use to study for the gmat? use MGMAT stuff? Score breakdown pls?

Actually i looked some schools who accept 500s gmat score. I can say that nobody will know if you graduated from them,meanless. So i decided to Go with A guyz. 530 is such a score that you cant even apply for midd-level school. I was making joke with my friends who study in UTEP and now i even cant apply to UTEP.

This is not me i can do more.

brutal-period-is-starting-lets-see-who-is-the-boss-100179.html#p774734==== check pls for which books i used.

My decision after talk with some people who i respect and your ideas;

First of all,already booked my ticket, i am coming to USA at the first week of october and then I will pay for MGMAT online course,chose online courses just because in person practice is so expensive,and reschedule my exam to end of january 2011.

This is not finished here.

I will choose MGMAT courses cuz i checked the forum and can see just one negative comment about it.

Anyway Thanks to that forum and creator seriously you are doing great job. I trusted you so much. This is why i am not gonna spent time for choosing courses. But if you hav any recomandations pls share with me.

I want to hear from whiplash,bb,bunuel and rest of other masters-sorry for i couldnt remember names now-
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Personally, MGMAT and Knewton are about the same quality and you can get Knewton for cheaper. Get the MGMAT Guides and choose the Knewton Online Course so you can get the best out of both.

From the beginning I think you were losing focus on trying to find the algorithm of the test and not paying enough attention to the actual concepts. This time around, it'd be good if you stopped worrying about the trivial issues and focused on the more important ones at hand. Once you've mastered the concepts, do practice problems untimed until you get the strategy right. Then do them timed to improve your pace and work on keeping an error log at this point in order to improve your specific weaknesses.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Guys i scored a 530 on the real Gmat. It went devastating, i dunno y. My breakup score Q 42; V 22. I got 630 on gmat prep twice. I have scored 670 on kaplan tests. My final test infact went well, i did not face any trouble while answering questions. Then what went wrong? can sombody help me..
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Consulting (Venture Capital)
Send PM
moved your thread, maybe you can get additional input and advice, good luck
GMAT Club Bot