Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 01:06 It is currently 08 May 2024, 01:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Just took my first ever Kaplan CAT... [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi 600orBust,

The score calculator is calibrated to our older tests; we've gone through several revisions over the years, and our newest tests are quite accurate. Can you specify which test, exactly, you're taking? I would be happy to give you a more specific answer once I have that information.

That being said, even if you got a 550 on our most recent, and accurate, algorithm, that still shouldn't be a cause for concern. There a a huge number of other factors that can influence a practice test, from distracting phone calls to exhaustion from studying to a flaky internet connect. When evaluating a practice test, it's vital to analyze not only your performance on the individual problems but also your focus and energy levels throughout. A drop in a score isn't a limitation, but rather a valuable learning opportunity--if something went wrong on our test, then you can make sure that it doesn't happen again on Test Day!

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions. And in the mean time, congratulations on choosing Kaplan to help you with the GMAT, and best of luck on your studies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thank you for the reply, Kaplan!

I took my second Kaplan CAT today and scored a 620 Q39V36. I think my score last Sunday had more to do with the fact it was my first Kaplan test and I was trying to get used to the format. It also didn't help that my internet connection was shotty last Sunday. Sometimes it would take 30 seconds to go from one question to the next. Today my internet wasn't an issue and the format was familiar to me the second time around.
GMAT Club Bot