Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:36 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  179   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Anderson, Darden
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
This question for kellogg moderators.

The Neighbourhood Business Initiative (NBI) allows students to be on the boards of local chicago area non-profits.

Do we have any initiative where students work with international non-profits on consulting assignments.

Originally posted by ashu2020 on 30 Sep 2010, 22:05.
Last edited by ashu2020 on 04 Nov 2010, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy / Operations
Schools:Kellogg R1 (waitlist), LBS R1 (waitlist), <strong>Ivey+$$$</strong>
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Program Management / Marketing / Technology Integration
Send PM
ashu2020 wrote:

The Neighbourhood Business Initiative (NBI) allows students to be on the boards of local chicago area non-profits.

Do we have any initiative where students work with international non-profits on consulting assignments.

Ashutosh

Ashutosh,

My understanding is that the NBI is infact a consulting service for non-profits. Please refer to:

https://kellogg.campusgroups.com/nbi/become-a-client!/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Anderson, Darden
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Embeayy wrote:
ashu2020 wrote:

Ashutosh

Ashutosh,

My understanding is that the NBI is infact a consulting service for non-profits. Please refer to:

But isn't that supposed to be only for chicago-based non-profits?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: NABA, AKA
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Management, Wealth Management, Commercial Banking
Schools:Booth (Accepted + 60K!), Kellogg (Accepted + 70K!), Stanford (Ding), Duke (Withdrawn)
 Q45  V41
Send PM
I submitted my R1 app a couple weeks ago and just scheduled a Chicago alumni interview for Oct 12th! Anyone hear any tips about the interview??
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Sweetshel86 wrote:
I submitted my R1 app a couple weeks ago and just scheduled a Chicago alumni interview for Oct 12th! Anyone hear any tips about the interview??

Mine was very conversational. Since it's a blind interview, many of the questions they ask can be answered with the stories used in your essays. As long as you know your application, resume, stengths/weaknesses, and have a failure story, you should be pretty well prepared. Have fun with it :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
ashu2020 wrote:
Embeayy wrote:
ashu2020 wrote:

Ashutosh

Ashutosh,

But isn't that supposed to be only for chicago-based non-profits?

There's two different programs: Board Fellows, which puts students on the boards of local non-profits, and NBI, which provides pro-bono consulting to local non-profits. I believe both work exclusively with Chicago-area organizations, in order to give back to Kellogg's local community. Of course, there's nothing that would stop a student or group of students from deciding to do consulting for other non-profits outside Chicago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
Sweetshel86 wrote:

Mine was very conversational. Since it's a blind interview, many of the questions they ask can be answered with the stories used in your essays. As long as you know your application, resume, stengths/weaknesses, and have a failure story, you should be pretty well prepared. Have fun with it :)

Wow! You guys're getting done with the interviews? I'm still waiting to be contacted by Kellogg for an off-campus alum interview.
Director
Director
Send PM
wiredo wrote:
Avernusaur wrote:
Sweetshel86 wrote:

Wow! You guys're getting done with the interviews? I'm still waiting to be contacted by Kellogg for an off-campus alum interview.

Mine was on-campus, so I had the opportunity to schedule it as early as I wanted. I wouldn't have flown out to Kellogg just for the interview, but I was already in the area and it made for a good excuse to visit friends and family.
Current Student
Send PM
Hey Avern - thanks for the info. Would you mind telling us who whether you interviewed with an adcom or 2nd year student?
Director
Director
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
Hey Avern - thanks for the info. Would you mind telling us who whether you interviewed with an adcom or 2nd year student?

Adcom. Not a tricky interview at all. I thought it felt more like an opportunity to tell my story in person, so if you're relaxed and comfortable it should go very well.

Hopefully everyone else has a similar experience :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
RogerDodger wrote:

Adcom. Not a tricky interview at all. I thought it felt more like an opportunity to tell my story in person, so if you're relaxed and comfortable it should go very well.

Had my on-campus interview last week as well. I was interviewed by a member of the Admissions team and that was the most relaxed interview I've had so far. I second Avernusaur - the questions cater to your story and seem to evaluate how you would fit with the team oriented Kellogg community.
Current Student
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
Avernusaur wrote:
RogerDodger wrote:

Had my on-campus interview last week as well. I was interviewed with an Adcom and it was the most relaxed interview I've had so far. I second Avernusaur - the questions cater to your story and seem to evaluate how you would fit with the team oriented Kellogg community.

Thanks to both of you - I'm glad your interviews went well. My on-campus is next month. Hoping for similar results :)
Current Student
Send PM
Was flipping back and forth for a while, but just decided to aim for R1 again. Knocked out Essays 1 and 2 in a day.

Attacking #3 now - but it's proving to be a little tricky. Writing in the 3rd person is weird :P
Director
Director
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
Was flipping back and forth for a while, but just decided to aim for R1 again. Knocked out Essays 1 and 2 in a day.

Attacking #3 now - but it's proving to be a little tricky. Writing in the 3rd person is weird :P

Congrats and welcome back to R1. For what it's worth, I didn't write Essay #3 in 3rd person. I identified some of the traits that I thought would be valued by members of the Kellogg community and then went into detail demonstrating evidence of those traits in my stories. From what I've read, both 1st and 3rd person essays are acceptable, so use whatever works for you.
Current Student
Send PM
Avernusaur wrote:
RogerDodger wrote:

Congrats and welcome back to R1. For what it's worth, I didn't write Essay #3 in 3rd person. I identified some of the traits that I thought would be valued by members of the Kellogg community and then went into detail demonstrating evidence of those traits in my stories. From what I've read, both 1st and 3rd person essays are acceptable, so use whatever works for you.

Thanks Avern. I stuck with 3rd person, but took an approach very simliar to yours. Ended up finishing this one today too -- pretty much a marathon of essay writing this weekend. I can't concentrate at home so I usually end up at Starbucks to write, which means I've been coming home reeking of coffee lately. (Will this be the difference between undergrad v. MBA? coming home smelling like coffee instead of alcohol? :cry: )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Send PM
Welcome back to R1 RogerDodger. Roll Call Updated.

Is there anyone not on the roll call who needs to be?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
mba4me2010 wrote:
Welcome back to R1 RogerDodger. Roll Call Updated.

Is there anyone not on the roll call who needs to be?

I'm in for R1 as well.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts