Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 19:24 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 19:24
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1503 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot friends. SC doesn't seem to be a problem for me. I think I got extra nervous.I messed up the timing.BTW how many correct questions are necessary to score 35+ in verbal.

Thanks again,
Faizan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just a note:

I believe you can only take the test once per calendar month. I'm sure you know this Faizan, but I thought I would mention it anyways.

Also, it appears ETS will let you regsiter and take the test a second time within the SAME month and then notify you that your scores are cancelled and you've forfieted your money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Very disappointed!!! [#permalink]
faizu wrote:
Hi All,

I wrote GMAT this weekend but score below my previous attempt of 620(Q48,V27). This time i got 590(Q45,V27) after a month of preparation. I was performing well on the practice tests getting 640 in the Kaplan and 750 in PP.I found quant extremely tough this time. But I was suprised that I didn't improve on the verbal. I just got panicked because I was unwell.I was unable to comprehend what i was reading.I think GMAT is all about attitude.I need 680 to get into the school of my choice because that's what the adcom folks told me.I have already submitted my application.Now I'm in a soup.The adcom will take this low score in the wrong sense.They expect me to fax the report on Mon.I don't know what to do.Should I retake the test this week because I really want to do so.Pls suggest how to crack the verbal. I'm nervous of RC's.I got 2 big ones in the beginning and all the questions were of inference type.

Thanks,

FH

I guess there's no such a thing of "Crack the verbal". It depends on your english level, exposition to gmat-like tests, practice. It takes time, you can't learn for example english grammar just because a book says "Score 800 just in 10 days" or "Tips to score 800", it's the same stupid thing as saying "Learn english in 10 days", or "Learn math in 5 days". GMAT books certainly help, but they boost you depending on your level.

Preparing the gmat is about attitude, have courage to continue studying and preparing the admission package is about attitude, but taking the gmat perse is not about attitude. You should be prepared for the test. Perhaps it's about attitude if you're american and get on well with math.

Instead of wishing to get a 680 (kind of impossible in one week), check quickly how the program (Which program are you talking about?) handle the admission proccess. Perhaps they analyze the whole package, so you will need to develop strong essays, resume and letters of recommendation, specially if your gmat is below average.

ramiro.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
No more worry :-D ..I score 710(Q50,V35) today.

Thanks,
FH
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
faizu wrote:
No more worry :-D ..I score 710(Q50,V35) today.

Thanks,
FH

Hey!, congratulations!. Certainly 620 didn't reflect your real score. Were you sick the first time?! :)

Congratulations again!.

Which program did you choose?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37574 posts