Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:18 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone - Spring 2011 [#permalink]
thanks for the info! I just checked and I'm in the blue group as well :)

I completed all three (plagiarism, quant, tuition (loans)), but I would assume that once you've submitted your registration and burser forms (& payment clears/loans are accepted) you would be considered officially registered (and subsequently eligible to obtain your ID), regardless of the quant/ plagiarism
Intern
Intern
Send PM
good to know about the progress of all.
Btw.. i have been officially waitlisted today!
no idea whether it will get converted to a positive decision.. anyone in the same boat as mine??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
All the best Pranilrao, check with CaptainWinters.
I checked my NYU home and am confirmed for Yellow core (I have a busy Monday - also CFEs for yellow core profs are a tad better). Any Yellows here?
I am yet to finish the quant test though. I am going to lose my freedom for the next three years, figured I can push studying a bit further.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Still waiting for Kroll,

I will submit payment on Jan 5th if i won't get my Kroll before that :)

Submitting payment is an option and exercising it early has no value :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Sigma Xi
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NYU
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Got an email stating that Kroll had not yet been able to verify my degree from India. According to the email I would still be allowed to enroll in the classes pending full resolution of this verification. I know that some folks were in a similar situation last fall. Will check with them to get an indication of the timeline.

Also, I completed the quant test and accepted the financial aid package this weekend. Now I need to complete the plagarism tutorial and the loan counselling at for my FAFSA

All the best to those who are waitlisted
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Got an urgent email from adm chair that the info I provided in my app about my previous employer does not match with Kroll's verification results. Holy crap....They say I have 5 days to appeal or to withdraw my app....The report also says that kroll tried to contact me but I did not respond...The reality is that kroll did contact me 1.5 months back & I reverted to Kroll with proper documentation within hours...Fail to understand how incompetent & careless these agencies are...anyway, I have appealed & forwarded the same email (which I had forwarded to Kroll) to adm chair. Hoping for a positive response soon. argh.....
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
I wouldn't worry too much about Kroll. They are famous because their background check is thorough and extensive, not because they are 100% accurate. They are working with limited data that may be available so it is up to you to provide the rest of the data for verification. (usually they contact you directly).

For example, when I went through my background check, they had wrong date for my graduation year (for UG) based on their findings and I had to email them a scanned copy of unofficial transcript to prove my graduation yr (as stated on my resume).

Regarding the employer issue, quick way to resolve this is to go back to your federal tax return, copy the W-2 attached in the back with your employer name on it. That's one way to prove it.

Regarding the school issue, I am not really sure how they do it in India. But technically, NYU did get a copy of your transcript so it shouldn't be that BIG of an issue. Do schools in India provide same kind of transcript/proof of graduation service via college's registrar office? If so, I would contact them right away.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would not worry too much about KROLL either. MY HR told me that they just send a fax, and the employer is supposed to respond. If the fax is lost or if they don’t bother to respond then I am not sure how they take it forward, especially if the recommender is not from that employer.
Regarding education verification in India, I contacted my college and they told me that they diligently send all KROLL verifications (they have received many KROLL verifications before) and they have not yet received mine. It’s been more than a month since I sent my transcripts via email to them.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey guys, I may need some help completing this QUANT exam, if anyone is willing to tutor and is from NYC please let me know.....however not doing it until after christmas!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
received the Kroll verification this morning finally, time to send in my check!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here, received email this morning :) Now i will start doing all pre-term paperwork :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Congrats to everyone getting Kroll verifications back! Such a great feeling. To all those waiting, good luck for a speedy response.

Almontas33, I would offer to help if I didn't need tutoring myself! I have some major brushing up to do before classes start, but I still passed the quant exam with 95%, and I'm sure you can too. If you can get a rough idea of how the review problems were solved, you'll be able to figure out the exam problems; the actual test is significantly easier than the review questions.

I'm heading to campus tomorrow to get my ID...very excited! I also have to pick up a Stern coffee mug or something to give to my supervisor in Chicago, who's currently a part-timer at Booth. ;) Nothing like a little rivalry!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
one stupid question, do I need to keep a calculator handy while taking the quantitative test (for taking logs etc)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I finished the quant test yday. You need a calculator, but you can manage with the scientific calculator on your computer. PS: I am a windows person.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I just found this awesome site. I got admitted to Langone weekend. Just preparing to take Quantitative Skills Assessment test. Did anyone took the test? Do you know how long is the test?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Some more updates from my end since I last wrote on this forum.

> Kroll goofed up during my verification & provided wrong report to Stern. I got in touch with Kroll as well as Stern & shared the documentary evidence of my previous employer. Got a response from Stern that all is ok within 2 days. After going thru this, I now have a fair idea of how kroll works. Stern has been very helpful during this entire process.

> Got my 2 shots of MMR done (a gap of 28 days is necessary between the 2 shots). Had the doctor fill up the health form. Mailed the filled up form along with MMR proof to NYU before 15-Dec.

> Took the quantitative assessment test an hour back. Scored 100% in my first attempt. The questions are of decent difficulty and are mostly from Logarithms, differential calculus & basic algebra. Note - There is no time limit for the test. So people can continue working on the test for 20 days before hitting the final submit button.

> Registered for pre term by filling up the form on the web site.

yet to do

> Take the plagiarism tutorial/test
> pay the fees by e-check
> Submit the Bursar form finally

All above are to be done by Jan-06. Am planning to finish it off during Christmas weekend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wanted to wave 3 classes, but if you are waving more then 2 courses you need a special code from admissions. Unfortunately they are closed until Jan 3! What a bummer! Hopefully i will be able to get permission on time!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10