Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:36 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Information Systems
Schools:University of Washington Bothell, and Seattle University
GMAT 2: 580
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [4]
Send PM
Re: How Can I Raise My Score 100+ points in 1 month? [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
thesfactor wrote:
Also, if you take a few practise tests and don't score well. Try and identify your errors, work on them and then tackle the questions again...

I forgot to add, you might find this document useful. Sentence correction tips...
Attachments

Things to remember for SC.pdf [69.95 KiB]
Downloaded 3942 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
 Q31  V33 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V31
Send PM
How long did you prepare in total before you took the test?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [2]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi man :)
A +100 score improvement in one month is a very challenging target! But it is very much possible.
I'm glad that you are ready to invest 8 hours each day to improve your score.

1. Purchase the Manhattan Test series. Don't spend $80 though. Just buy the sentence correction book; you'll get access to 6 tests along with that book :P
2. Do not mess with GMAT club tests! GMAT club test is for advance test takers who seek to improve their score from the 47-49 range to 51. You can get a score of 600 if you get a score of 42 in Quant and 33 in Verbal. Getting to 42 is all about learning the basics and the GMAT club test does not serve that purpose.

3. Read the following article written by Manhattan Instructor, Stacey Koprince and create your own plan by using the plan in the article as a skeleton ;)

https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/two-week-prep.cfm

I hope you find the information useful :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Sadly I studied almost 100 hours before getting the 500. Really bad I know. And I feel even worse about it today than I did last night :'( I went over all of my practice Kaplan CAT's in detail. Maybe the concepts did not stick as well as I thought, but like I said I was getting around 580 on the Kaplan tests.

I have spent a good amount of time looking around this forum, but most of the study schedules are for 3 months. I guess I could just compress them into one month.

So if I should not use the Manhattan quiz bank, or use the GMAT club tests, is there any other software out there that I could use? I would like to use something more than just the OG and Manhattan SC book.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Send PM
Dude... refer to my previous post... It has a 14 day plan in it :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Entwistle wrote:
Dude... refer to my previous post... It has a 14 day plan in it :P

Thank you for the link to that study plan. I am going to use it, but I have more time than the 2 hours during weekdays and 6 hours during weekend days. I am also not sure if I want to drop the $154 for the 8 Manhattan study guides. But I will if they are really worth it. I know the Manhattan SC guide is supposed to be the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
After doing some research I decided to break out the credit card and get the MGMAT set of 8 off amazon for $115. The reviews are great, and the books are ranked #2 after the OG on the best books link on this site.

Thanks so much for all of your advice. I feel much better now, after not wanting to get out of bed this morning. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!

I am going to hammer out that 14 day study plan and hopefully power through all 1,520 pages of the MGMAT books before my test day. Thanks again! :-D
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
MaestorEno,

Sorry to hear about your test experience. The good news is you have good room to improve and it's definitely achievable.

Improving 100+ points is certainly possible but it's not simply about going through books.

Your focus should be on identifying what thinking path you are taking and figuring out why you are making wrong turns. Focus on your thought process--are you paying attention to the wrong things? Can you "see" what the test question is testing you on?

If you have friends who were successful with the exam, ask them how they think about a question. Is the way you think very different? Where can you save time and what booby traps can you avoid?

As for study plans, you may consider taking a look at this one: https://www.gmatpill.com/the-gmat-pill-m ... tudy-plan/
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Send PM
MeestorEno wrote:
I am going to hammer out that 14 day study plan and hopefully power through all 1,520 pages of the MGMAT books before my test day. Thanks again! :-D

:o

Manhattan Series is 1520 pages long? :o

It seemed much lesser ^_^

:D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Amazon says it is 1520. Of coarse not all of that is material I have to go over. And the OG is 840 pages. So it looks like I have my work cut out for me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MGMAT SC and quant are top notch, however, you may need extra material for RC and CR as these books are not the best for these topics!

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
desiaggie1980 wrote:
MGMAT SC and quant are top notch, however, you may need extra material for RC and CR as these books are not the best for these topics!

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, for RC you may be interested in these: https://www.gmatpill.com/practice-questi ... -guide-rc/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM