Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:44 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:CBS (int/ding), NYU(in) ,UCLA(in w/$$$),Kellogg (in)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '13 (M)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: UCLA vs NYU vs Kellogg [#permalink]
For entertainment, UCLA holds a very favorable advantage with that fellowship. You should attend whichever school will give you the most long-term satisfaction (regret-avoidance), but I seriously doubt that Kellogg or NYU would provide any career advantages in entertainment worth the 40-60k difference in tuition. Even without the scholarship offer, it'd be completely reasonable to choose UCLA over Kellogg.

That said, there are plenty of variables that can be factored into your decision, beyond career impact and cost of attendance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Congrats on your multiple offers and you are in a enviable position. I concur with the other posters that UCLA is well positioned to give you an equal start in media with its relationship to the sector in LA, alumni, electives and students. UCLA should give you the same opportunity to achieve your goals after MBA as NYU or Kellogg. $30K a year is a lot and less debt would allow you to consider summer internships and jobs with less pay. Starting salary in some media firms is low and they expect you to work the way up. Once you establish yourself in your first job ans show track record, where you get your MBA is less important. Media organisations are less obsessed with rankings and UCLA MBA carries enough weight. The fellowship on your resume signals recruiters that you are a talented student. Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:CBS (int/ding), NYU(in) ,UCLA(in w/$$$),Kellogg (in)
Send PM
Thanks guys! Fellowships aside, I am leaning towards UCLA as well. Although UCLA is ranked slightly lower then both NYU and Kellogg. For Entertainment , there is no other place that is more suitable then So Cal near Hollywood and all the studios. Sometimes I feel like we get blindsided by the rankings and the branding more then what it is that we are trying to accomplish. I am in agreement with Jock4MBA on the internship selections, and being able to work for the right firm.

At this point, I am ruling out Kellogg, NYU is still a possibility. . based on my research, NYU has a tighter network in both east and west cost. I will need to do more evaluation on which school has better Entertainment Curriculums... If I can get more money from NYU, I may consider New York.
GMAT Club Bot