Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 17:09 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 17:09
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: BAFFLED! Performance feel not reflecting score of 610 [#permalink]
What were your composite scores for verbal and math? Was there a massive difference between one over another?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm thinking back to my exam and the only thing I can also think of (other than the experimental questions) is that I specifically remember spending a considerable amount of time on the first 10 questions in math and most of them were arithmetic/algebra focused which is my strongest area.

I could have very well gotten many verbal questions incorrectly in the beginning which might have damaged my score. Who knows!

I'm currently setting up a study plan based on this website for the next few months and I've been inspired by the amount of success stories here and makes you feel that you should remain positive that the exam is BEATABLE!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I scored (Q39,V29). For me in quant, i was able to get the answers. In verbal also it felt as i was doing ok. I felt after completing the test that i would score around the 650 mark, but i was surprised to see the score. As of now, i think most probably it was the stress which didn't let me gauge correctly how well i was doing the test.
I would again give the test in 2 months time after more categorised preparation and as well as stress management.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I honestly think, GMAC has found other ways of tricking people on the exam.. If you ask me, I took the exam the first time in 2009 and i hadn't studied as much as i have now. I can honestly say that the questions are more trickier especially in verbal and that i haven't been able to replicate my first verbal scores.

The gmatprep is NOT a true rep of the exam as of now. I understand they are supposed to update that in January of 2012.

BTW, this is just from my experience and my opinion. That being said i know a couple of people who feel the same after taking the exam 3-4 years ago
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 167 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Send PM
I attempted GMAT three weeks ago, and I don't think that the core questions, which test various concepts, have changed a lot. Yes, the standard has lifted. Since I took three tests before, I can tell you from my experience. Now, you need to work on your concept and strategy. In the first two months, your approach should be to work on your weakness. The final month should be reserved to practice your strengths. The final month should not be used to learn new stuffs. And in three months, practice CATs and formulate your strategies such as not to do sequence of mistakes,etc.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37586 posts