Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:28 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 668 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: MBA-Entrepreneurship
Schools:Belmont University
 Q25  V25 GMAT 2: 420  Q23  V24
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Re: GMAT done!! 760 Q50 V41: my debrief [#permalink]
Thanks David,

Honestly, it depends on which MGMAT Test you take:
for quant, the first 2 tests were very hard, but then the following one were relatively easier. I guess it is because they run out of very hard question.
I will say that the actual GMAT level is somewhere in between.

For verbal, I think except the RC passage, which are slightly easier than the real gmat, MGMAT questions are pretty representative of the real gmat level.

Good luck with you prep and salam alaykum

[b]Shalom Shovitdhar/b]
My target score is 700 but all I really need to make is a 550 or better. I still have a lot of studying and practicing to do. Todas for your reply.
Shalom Alechem,
David
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
760 is my dream score. Congrats,driss! How much time do you think did you spend in all to get this monstrous a score ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Great score and lovely debrief. I will put the action plan you have suggested into action. By the way, how helpful did you find Manhattan RC Guide ?Did you follow the strategies mentioned there ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
foofighter5 wrote:
Great score and lovely debrief. I will put the action plan you have suggested into action. By the way, how helpful did you find Manhattan RC Guide ?Did you follow the strategies mentioned there ?

I think RC is a lot about practice than about strategies. Unlike SC where you have to cram down all the rules, RC doesn't have any rule and what may work for me may not work for you. For example, I have found that making passage maps doesn't really help me much and slows me down,so I am following my usual strategy of reading the passage properly and then answering the questions. That's something just contrary to what is written in MGMAT RC Guide as it ask you to skim through the passage and take notes. I tried that in a couple of passages,but didn't really work for me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
freakshalini wrote:
foofighter5 wrote:

I think RC is a lot about practice than about strategies. Unlike SC where you have to cram down all the rules, RC doesn't have any rule and what may work for me may not work for you. For example, I have found that making passage maps doesn't really help me much and slows me down,so I am following my usual strategy of reading the passage properly and then answering the questions. That's something just contrary to what is written in MGMAT RC Guide as it ask you to skim through the passage and take notes. I tried that in a couple of passages,but didn't really work for me.

I don't agree with that. I think taking down notes method really works wonders.Contrary to your strategy, I just cannot read a passage without writing down the main points. Otherwise I tend to lose my concentration. I think even if you are quite well read, the GMAT passages are always on the tougher side and you'll find the passages difficult so you have to ensure that you do not focus on a lot of data in a paragraph ,rather you remember the main points and taking down notes is the best way to do so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
invincibleforce wrote:
freakshalini wrote:
foofighter5 wrote:

I don't agree with that. I think taking down notes method really works wonders.Contrary to your strategy, I just cannot read a passage without writing down the main points. Otherwise I tend to lose my concentration. I think even if you are quite well read, the GMAT passages are always on the tougher side and you'll find the passages difficult so you have to ensure that you do not focus on a lot of data in a paragraph ,rather you remember the main points and taking down notes is the best way to do so.

I didn't say that you have to use my strategy only. I said that for different people, different things work. However, tell me one thing when you're so confident about your RC strategy, then why did you perform badly on RC on the first test which you mentioned about in one thread here. Your reasoning doesn't make sense to me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
freakshalini wrote:
I didn't say that you have to use my strategy only. I said that for different people, different things work. However, tell me one thing when you're so confident about your RC strategy, then why did you perform badly on RC on the first test which you mentioned about in one thread here. Your reasoning doesn't make sense to me.

I agree that I didn't do well on the first test I took, but that doesn't mean that the RC strategy didn't work. It'll only be through that one can improve and I'm not hesitant about improving myself and getting a better accuracy the next time. I'll show it to the world that I have it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
congrats, that is an amazing score. we're under similar timelines, i hope I have similar success!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 212 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
jko wrote:
Congratz drisss

jamifa, I think drisss was referring to the notepads that they give you for your scratch-work during the test.
jamifahad wrote:
Great score. Congratulations !!!!

Just one question. What is this
drisss wrote:
I was not comfortable with the plastic stuff they give you to right.

Thanks

Hey Jko. How was the GMAT ? your Official GMAT was on June 4th ?

Cheers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT Date: 12-27-2011
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
congratulations. it's all power of will (and pure talent will be quite helpfull)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
Great Job!! Were there any specific SC strategies or techniques that you focused on?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations buddy!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Congrats great score! And thanks for sharing your experience with us. Good luck with your apps!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
WE 1: IT Consulting (4 years)
Send PM
Congrats! Seems like the hard work definitely paid off! Good luck with your B-school apps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: SCM, Strategy, General Management
Schools:Wharton,MIT, Tepper, Kelly,
 Q48  V26
WE 1: 7 years- Service Managament, poject Management, Business Consultant- Retail
Send PM
Congrats for your this great score!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts