Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:29 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 795 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Re: Inputs on Knewton [#permalink]
Notice how Rachel has only 1 post praising Knewton.

I would only advise you not to throw away your money without finding out from other students.

I joined Knewton, in Sep 2010, and always scored above 70% in all the English home work assignments and above 80% in Maths homework. But surprisingly those results did not translate into the exam. Mathematics did but that was mostly my hard work and prior knowledge.

The teachers are Amazing in Teaching. But the Knewton home work and practice questions SUCK, their concept of practice is copying all the official type questions and find & replace nouns, how ridiculous is that. They looted 600$ for this non sense. I mean, even the practice exam questions have same official style questions with just nouns changed.

Before any fanboys start defending, I did not ask them my money back because it will be cheap on my behalf, to use their system and say that I wont pay anything.

They need to overhaul their practice questions. How lazy can one be in just copying questions from other places.
I am disappointed with their home work and practice questions. Their Teachers and support staff are very good, both personally and subject wise.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Are the HW assignments themselves adaptive? That is, if I'm at an advanced level, am I still going to have to push through 300-500 level questions before I’m able to challenge myself? How do you think Knewton is able to offer their +50pt guarantee to those who have already scored in the upper 600's to low 700s?

Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
HW assignments are not adaptive. You'll get the same questions regardless of whether you answer them correct or wrong.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
So I wonder, how is Knewton able to tout a 50pt guarantee to those who are already at an advanced (or semi-advanced) level if they're throwing easy questions at them?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Abhi: 9
Send PM
i have a doubt about knewton too ..
i read somewhere that earlier they used to entertain unlimited doubts/queries through email..
whereas now its no more there .. so how do they plan to solve a students doubt who is unable to attend their live sessions ? [ i live in India and because of time difference between India and USA i wont be able to attend their live sessions]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
guys great to see this thread. I just wrote the free Knewton and got a 650, M 38, V 43. My last MGMAT was a 740 (M47, V44). Umm, should I be panicking? I have 13 days before the test (august 3rd). I'm going to sit and review in a bit, but seriously, a NINE point drop in quant??? And that too while writing the test, I was thinking "wow this is SO much easier than Manhattan!"

Anybody have any insight? Anything would be hugely helpful. Also, I don't I got any of the "typical" tough questions on permutations/probability etc. Weird.

What the hell! Here are my other scores over the last 3 months,
GMAC 1: 710 (inflated becuase of OG 12 question repeat),
Veritas (free): 690
MGMAT 1: 700
MGMAT 2: 700
Princeton (free): 700
MGMAT 3: 740
Knewton (free): 650!!!!!!!!!
GMAT Club Bot