Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 12:38 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 12:38
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Where did I go wrong? [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey no problem...

Q39 and V25 indicate you need help in both quant and verbal. I hope you know the techniques for CR and RC. As for MGMAT, have you been doing the OG questions they recommend at the end of each chapter? I think thats what you should have done and if you gotten stuck in any question, go to google and search the question and you will find explanations (manhattangmat instructors provide the best ones!)

Yes you can exceed over even 700 if you truly understand each and every problem from OG12 review...When I say understand...you should know the concepts behind the right answer and why the other 4 answer choices are wrong. This is particularly important for Verbal.

I started off with Q41 in quant and got to Q47 in a month time and now at Q49 after another 2 weeks so you should be fine. You just need to be persistent and keep an error log because you will come across questions that you won't understand. Record the questions that you got wrong and analyze the question...even if it takes 1 hour to analyze one question, make sure you nail the concept in your head. One week later, refer back to those questions and see how much of the concept you remember and keep nailing it in your head and at one point you will understand it inside out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mahtab! Thanks much for an inspiring reply. I shall follow your suggestion and see the result after a month. Meanwhile, I shall try to assess what went wrong in my actual exam :? .

All the best to you too. See you soon Mahtab :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
 Q47  V42
Send PM
I sympathize with you especially all that hard work. I also recommend some good OG studying it's the most realistic to what you'll see on the test. I even saw a REPEAT question from the OG on my test! Also, I liked to do the questions from the answer key so I could review the answers right after. Saves on flippin pages! Also highlighted the ones that were run so I could revisit, saved lots of admin time making a separate error log...I wish you success the next time. You've already done so much don't turn back now...hopefully the OG work will give you the feeling of an epiphany once you start to get their flow.

Good luck

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Lath2011,

Thanks for your kind words. The last 15 days before my exam, I just practised on MGMAT tests and G Prep tests. By then, it has been a month that I touched OG 12 - of course, I was unable to complete it :( . According to the posts by Mahtab and you, I feel this was my major mistake. I believe that the answer to the question still lingering in my mind, 'why din't I get at least a 600' would come from my regular and consistent practice with OG 12. I am done with all the MGMAT books, and currently not in a state of taking another course. Since I have exhausted G Prep, which standard validation should I rely upon once I am done practising OG guide?

I felt so dejected, but knowing that there are people who would raise an effort to help me, I feel I am budding once again!

Thank you for that :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Starting tomorrow, I plan to spend 4 hours early in the morning on a total of 100 questions per day from OG guide (20 each from PS, DS, CR, RC and SC). This way I will be able to finish OG 12 and OG 10 in a month. Of course I would brush up the concepts from MGMAT books simultaneously. The next month, I shall practice on adaptive tests. How good is this as a make-up plan for my case? Kindly comment.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
wheredidigowrong wrote:
Starting tomorrow, I plan to spend 4 hours early in the morning on a total of 100 questions per day from OG guide (20 each from PS, DS, CR, RC and SC). This way I will be able to finish OG 12 and OG 10 in a month. Of course I would brush up the concepts from MGMAT books simultaneously. The next month, I shall practice on adaptive tests. How good is this as a make-up plan for my case? Kindly comment.

Thanks!

That is a great plan. Like I mentioned, analyze your mistakes. Its more important to analyze each question you get wrong in OG even if it takes 1 hour to understand a certain question. Don't force yourself into doing 100 questions a day, if at the end of the day you cannot analyze your mistakes. Remember, its not about quantity but quality.

I think OG 10 and OG 12 is great. These two resources, if practiced and analyzed properly, it should boost you to at least a 650. Once you are there and you feel that you have exhausted the OG material, you can either buy OG Quant and OG Verbal or you can try out MGMAT Club tests for Quant to boost your quant score.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37610 posts