Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 05:03 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 05:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 500 [2]
Given Kudos: 161
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Business Development
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2.5 yrs in manufacturing
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 423 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Re: Done! 750 (98%) (Q-50, V-41) [#permalink]
Congratulations on big 750!! Your strategy is simple yet powerfull. Good luck for apps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship,PE,VC
Schools:Wharton,NY Stern,INSEAD,Stanford
 Q42  V10
Send PM
Congrats..
Good luck with your applications
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
first of all many many congratulations for the awesome score...

Could you please share your startegies for Q and V in a bit more detail.Especially Q.
I m struggling with Q at 44-45 want to shoot for 49ish....

thanks and allthe best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 500 [0]
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Raghavender wrote:
Buddy, Congratulations on your wonderful score.
Your logic sounds simple and effective on focussing on the official questions.

Could you please post all your practice test scores (MGMAT and GMAT Prep).
I have my exam on Oct 11th, looking for a little inspiration to cross 750.

Thanks,
Raghu

Thanks for the warm words everyone.

these are my scores:

Kaplan(1) - 780 - cant remember the breakdown
MGMAT 1 - 50-45 (770)
MGMAT 2 - 51-44 (770)
MGMAT 3 - 49-45 (760)
MGMAT 4 - 51-44 (770)
MGMAT 5 - 51-44 (770)

My first try of GMAT PREP (exam 2) - 780 with 51-45 break.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
illrockgmat wrote:

Could you please share your startegies for Q and V in a bit more detail.Especially Q.

thanks and allthe best!

My best tip is to find your weakness and press it. For example - I had two big problems:
1. reminders.
2. probability.

Reminders - once you get the hang of it - its super easy, but you must solve enough exercises in order to really understand the basics.

Probability - I did so many exercises - and still I do not know how to solve all. Very complicated. I can solve most of them, but not all. I did so many that I can solve those almost without thinking. (at the end - I had NO PROBABILITY at all in the test - what made me very very worried during the exam bc i felt that im not getting the "harder" stuff...

If you stuck on 44-45 quant - just make sure you find your weak areas and KILL it as much as you can. If you keep on doing a lot of exercise with 80-905 right answers but keep getting 0% on the kind of questions that you keep failing - its just dumb. Raising your success rate in that kind of questions will shoot your score higher in an instant.
The hard part is to be smart enough to spot these weaknesses. Make sure you study from your mistakes and develop.

If you can tell me what are your weaker questions - I might find some good tips that might help you out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 11-15-2011
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
congratssss
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Congrats man you nailed it :) Best of luck for you apps now :)

@nageshshiv: You can remove the idioms link from your signature because they will no more be tested now :)

BR
Mandeep
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
samramandy wrote:
Congrats man you nailed it :) Best of luck for you apps now :)

@nageshshiv: You can remove the idioms link from your signature because they will no more be tested now :)

BR
Mandeep

Well, I had an Idiom question this morning so I would not remove it completely. Just reduce the efforts you put into it I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
illrockgmat wrote:

thanks and allthe best!

My best tip is to find your weakness and press it. For example - I had two big problems:
1. reminders.
2. probability.

Reminders - once you get the hang of it - its super easy, but you must solve enough exercises in order to really understand the basics.

Probability - I did so many exercises - and still I do not know how to solve all. Very complicated. I can solve most of them, but not all. I did so many that I can solve those almost without thinking. (at the end - I had NO PROBABILITY at all in the test - what made me very very worried during the exam bc i felt that im not getting the "harder" stuff...

If you stuck on 44-45 quant - just make sure you find your weak areas and KILL it as much as you can. If you keep on doing a lot of exercise with 80-905 right answers but keep getting 0% on the kind of questions that you keep failing - its just dumb. Raising your success rate in that kind of questions will shoot your score higher in an instant.
The hard part is to be smart enough to spot these weaknesses. Make sure you study from your mistakes and develop.

If you can tell me what are your weaker questions - I might find some good tips that might help you out.

Thanks a lot for the wise words....I bolded a part of your response...."The hard part is to be smart enough to spot these weaknesses",Can't agree more to this. Perhaps I haven't found my weakness yet.
I hope to see you active on the forum so that we all can bug you for great suggestions!! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Congrats
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Congratulations!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.28
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
great score... best of luck for appli..keep us posted
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Congratulations !

750 is like a dream for me !!

... hope to get more useful advice
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 2: 640  Q49  V28
Send PM
Congratulations on your great score.

These are my weaknesses -
1) In maths, I'm stuck at 49, and I am not able to raise my score to 50+
2) Like you, I am extremely weak in RC. I get about 7/10 correct in SC, 6/10 correct in CR, but I get only 4/10 correct in RC.
3) Another problem is time management. When I reach 32nd problem in mjath, remaining time is nearly 1-2 mins. Similarly when I reach 34th question in verbal, remaining time is nearly 1-2 mins.

750 is like a dream for me, but I get myself motivated from success stories like your's.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
gautammalik wrote:

You have the basics - I am sure you just have a weak spot that you keep missing questions in that area or areas. Try to have a error log (you can find it in the forum) and after you have enough mistakes - you will be able to notice patters.
2) Like you, I am extremely weak in RC. I get about 7/10 correct in SC, 6/10 correct in CR, but I get only 4/10 correct in RC.
4/10 is something you should work on. I would try to change strategy. Are you reading the full passage? or you only read "strategically". I tried both and I could solve with "normal" results - only after reading all the passage.
3) Another problem is time management. When I reach 32nd problem in mjath, remaining time is nearly 1-2 mins. Similarly when I reach 34th question in verbal, remaining time is nearly 1-2 mins.
Why? Is it because you do not read fast enough? or is it because you waste too much time for each question? I had no problem of timing in the verbal part. Just make sure not to waste too much time on one question. As I said above - the long way is the shorter way. Make sure you dont read the questions too quickly so you are not fully understanding what you just read. Read slow so you can get all the info in the 1st reading. Even if it looks longer - its actually the shorter way to do it. (at least for me).

750 is like a dream for me, but I get myself motivated from success stories like your's.

Just keep studying. Stay motivated. Work and learn from your mistakes. And I am sure you will be just fine. good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
GMAT 2: 640  Q49  V28
Send PM
144144 wrote:
gautammalik wrote:

You have the basics - I am sure you just have a weak spot that you keep missing questions in that area or areas. Try to have a error log (you can find it in the forum) and after you have enough mistakes - you will be able to notice patters.
4/10 is something you should work on. I would try to change strategy. Are you reading the full passage? or you only read "strategically". I tried both and I could solve with "normal" results - only after reading all the passage.
Why? Is it because you do not read fast enough? or is it because you waste too much time for each question? I had no problem of timing in the verbal part. Just make sure not to waste too much time on one question. As I said above - the long way is the shorter way. Make sure you dont read the questions too quickly so you are not fully understanding what you just read. Read slow so you can get all the info in the 1st reading. Even if it looks longer - its actually the shorter way to do it. (at least for me).

Just keep studying. Stay motivated. Work and learn from your mistakes. And I am sure you will be just fine. good luck.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
For Maths, I am doing Manhattan Advanced GMAT Quant book currently.
I will work on error log tool.

I do not comprehend the RC passages and CR question stems quickly. I have to improve on my focus and concentration.

Yes, I do take a lot of time to answer few questions. I have to learn how to guess and skip questions effectively.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [0]
Schools: Erasmus (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
Good, good, good! I wish you a pleasant future)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37598 posts