Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64941 [1]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Is 690 good enough? [#permalink]
Is there any way to find out my AWA essay score before officially accepting my GMAT score?
For example, if I was to cancel my score could I see my AWA score before reinstating it later in the future?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi isoyeon,

Depending on how busy GMAC's Essay Graders are, you might have to wait up to a week or two before you receive your AWA score. Since Business Schools generally do not care if you take the GMAT more than once, there's no obvious reason to cancel this score (so the issue of having to wait to see your AWA score isn't really an issue).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
A 690 is a phenomenal score. I think you will be able to make it to your dream business school provided focus on and present a strong application. If you want to give another attempt, you have a good enough time between now and early May to improve your score. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for that period, you are sure to achieve your goal. I believe you may benefit from taking an additional course. If you are willing, there are some great GMAT prep companies that can help you with your preparation.

You can try out free trials at Magoosh and Optimus Prep and EmpowerGmat courses to see if you like their course.

Also I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives and they are both within your budget. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market.

I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them. Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Hope this helps. All the best.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32951 [0]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi

690 is indeed good score but it is enough or not this specifically depends upon the School your are going to apply
It should not be less then Median GMAT score of that particular school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
SajjadAhmad wrote:

Even if off by 10 points?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
I know some stories that candidates who scored just 690 compared to the average 730 of top B-schools still won a chance to get accepted. The reason is that GMAT score is not the only important condition for evaluating candidates. In fact, the admission council evaluate candidates based on overall information.

Hence, you could still have a chance to get accepted in case that your profile is really strong and different. If your profile isn't, then improving your GMAT score is the only way to passed the 1st round.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32951 [0]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tourbillion wrote:
SajjadAhmad wrote:

Even if off by 10 points?

There is no hard for fast rule if you score is off 10 points