Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: profile evaluation required! 30yrs IndianITMale, 690(Q48V37) [#permalink]
Hi,

First of all why are you underselling yourself and looking at only safe options? You have such a good profile with strong work ex and international exposure!!If you ask me about safe schools then I would suggest you to apply for atleast 2 dream schools, 2-3 schools where you have realistic chance and 2-3 safe schools from the above list. This way you can increase your chances from good b-schools rather than restricting yourself only to safe schools after having strong profile.

Regards,
Neha Singh

nishant1006 wrote:
Thanks so much Neha!! Appreciate you reply
Although I am pretty sure that i don't have a real chance at the below mentioned schools except for kelly and Simon and maybe a 10% chance at emory.

My GMAT score is not even equal to their Avg GMAT. Could you please list just the safe schools for me please? I don't have the luxury to wait another year so i want to apply to atleast 2 safe schools..
Thanks in advance :)
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi,

You have decent profile with strong work experience with international exposure. As per your profile you can target b-schools like Duke, tepper, McCombs, Darden, Emory, Simon, Kelley, UCLA and some target schools like Haas, Ross, Cornell, Tuck and also some ambitious schools like Kellogg, Columbia, Wharton, Booth, Sloan. You should target minimum 5-6 b-schools out of these and start working and focusing on your application essays/recos which are critical component of any b-school application. I am sure with 7 years of work experience you might have good number of instances where your leadership, team handling skills were tested and challenged, these instances you can showcase in your essays but again putting your story convincingly within word limit is quite challenging experience and takes good amount of time so start at the earliest. Wish you all the best!! Let me know if you have any questions...

Regards,
Neha Singh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Your GMAT score is average, and your GPA is quite low. Your undergraduate university is not of a well-known brand. These factors would hurt your chances.
Your work experience is really commendable. Your certifications and career growth in IT sector shows your focus in this industry.
As you have worked in several countries, you can target business schools which value international exposure like INSEAD and LBS.

Your post-undergrad extracurriculars are good. You have achieved commendable results here. You don't seem to have done much during your undergrad. That could be a weak point.

You could target some of the schools ranked among top 20-30. You could also target HEC and ISB, if you are not totally fixed on US B-schools.

Best of luck!
https://www.InterviewBay.com
GMAT Club Bot