Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Should I reschedule the date? [#permalink]
Am i doing something wrong by pushing the date to August :( 2.5 months. Is it sufficient for the push from 650 to 700+
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
I would go ahead and reschedule.

If you firmly believe that you can sustain a consistent study plan for 2.5 months, then it's an option. However, there are two pitfalls: (1) GMAT fatigue and (2) complacency. The first problem is fairly straightforward, as studying too much for too long will cause anyone to burnout eventually. The second issue is the attitude that you have "so much" time to reach your target score and can afford a break "here and there." You need to be aware of both of these problems.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bmillan01 wrote:
I would go ahead and reschedule.

If you firmly believe that you can sustain a consistent study plan for 2.5 months, then it's an option. However, there are two pitfalls: (1) GMAT fatigue and (2) complacency. The first problem is fairly straightforward, as studying too much for too long will cause anyone to burnout eventually. The second issue is the attitude that you have "so much" time to reach your target score and can afford a break "here and there." You need to be aware of both of these problems.

Thanks so very much.I rescheduled it and i am pretty sure complacency wont hurt me,but GMAT fatigue is something i should handle..But donno how to do that yet..
First time in my life i have accepted a fault in myself.If this had been 2 years back , i would have surely gone ahead with the test hoping that some miracle will land take to 700 :P
I hope all this hard work shows some fruit.Thanks a lot again.
Nice debrief BTW :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
chetanmohanty,
I am in the exact same situation as you.I am scoring in the 650 range and have an exam scheduled for June 2. I am aiming for 700+
I am going to give one more prep test this weekend and based on the score finally decide whether or not I want to re-schedule.
However I seriously fear the GMAT fatigue and am worried about IR in case I decide to reschedule
what was the final push that made you re-schedule ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi "Zynga", to tell the truth i became so nervous the night i scored my last 650 on gmat prep,that i gave another exam (MGMAT) from 12.30 am to 4 am in the morning and scored a 650 again..yes i am a weirdo !!!! :P ( I wanted to stimulate a very very bad environment for test taking)
But jokes apart,i have realized that on a very very very bad day on the GMAT,i will still score between 650-670 :( I took this decision to reschedule , to train myself to a level so that even if the testing conditions are pathetic or even if i become super anxious ,my score will come down to a max 700 and not less than that..
Bottomline: I am not gonna accept anything below 700 !!
Now i am gonna train myself in such a way i consistently get 700+ in almost all my exams.
This plunge from 650-700 is really important.If we both can cross this 50 points gap,we surely can reach even 730-750 :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Are you planning to apply to bschools this year ?...either way giving the test in August should give you plenty of time for R2 or maybe even R1 if you have your essays roughed in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yaa am planning to apply this year.Yaa and R1 is my target,but if i dont feel by essays are perfect by that time,i wont rush in..never.. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello ChetanMohanty and Zynga ,
I guess there lots of people travelling in the same boat. My plan too was to wrap up before IR , but got stuck at 640.Hence postponed to July Mid.However Quant is my weak area and I am looking for inputs to improve on that.

Pls share information on how are you planning your Prep during this 1.5/2 months time you have now .
May be we can benefit from each others ideas.
Thanks
Jhansi
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm well said.
But my main problem is timing.Yes i cant say that i am perfect at both the sections,but in my case my timing takes a toll on me.I mean i get all the 15-16 consecutive questions right in both sections..then when i realize in the middle that i am running short..i get scared and start making silly mistakes.Worse i keep looking at the timer than at the questions :(
Here is what i am going to do:-
i)Take 1 week break now and read some debriefs and how-tos on how to manage time
ii) Start with the prep by working on all the OG questions and all other set of all GMAT latest questions i have collected.
iii) Reach "HULK" like status in solving Number properties questions(specially DS).
iv) Will aim at reviewing 10 questions each from OG a day( why wrong,why right kind of stuff).And yes use OG Archer Lite from Manhattan GMAT for timing and to find about my weaknesses.
v)Will stat taking tests every saturday.And spend the day in review.
vi)I have a target to consistently score 700+ from July onwards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes , May be a break is mandatory at this point to not get hit by the GMAT fatigue.

1.But , What all have u collected as a part of "GMAT latest questions i have collected " ? As i Mentioned I am weak on Quant scores have been 42-45 so far. Need to bump them up to 49-50 and want to work on it now before anything else.I have been through OG and Quant Review . Wht do you think is the best materials i should start with at this point of time ? I am planning to start with 1000 PS DS , but not sure that would help me increase my quant scores.

2.I did hear about OG Archer Lite from Manhattan GMAT , but have not used it. May be i will try it out today.

3."solving Number properties questions(specially DS)." What resources do u refer to for this practice ?

Yes , One Test per week in mandatory through out the prep time !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
42-45 in GMAT prep or MGMAT tests?MGMAT quants are tough..so no need to feel tensed.
BTW i collected all these questions from gmatclub downloads section.

And for Number properties(I am gonna read RD Sharma,a book by an indian author which is very good for the Indian CAT).I have read MGMAT Number properties twice.But i need to practice..and a lot..so RD Sharma will be a good start.
I have some other resources too,but donno whether i am allowed to share here.

Hey can you tell me how are you gonna tackle RC??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the pointer.
Yes , They r my Q Scores on MGMAT.I just googled for RD Sharma..Are u referring to a text book used for 10-12 standards or any other dedicated book for Numbers ? I have been through Manhattan Number Properties , I need to go through that again to get the concepts registered.

During the course of prep , my verbal scores have improved pretty well compared to Math scores and for RCs , I have just practiced OG and Kaplan. I do see a lot of scope for improvement on Verbal too .But idea is to fit every RC to a specific pattern and deal than reading through it on the whole.I havent practiced a lot but i have been suggested to start identifying patterns and work on them accordingly.I will share more details if you need.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yaa the RD Sharma book.Are you an indian?If yes you can get that book from any local shop
And please do share your RC strategy.I never knew that there is a strategy for pattern recognition in RC.Please explain or if possible any pointers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
chetanmohanty wrote:
Yaa the RD Sharma book.Are you an indian?If yes you can get that book from any local shop
And please do share your RC strategy.I never knew that there is a strategy for pattern recognition in RC.Please explain or if possible any pointers

Yeah, patten recognition for RC ?Never heard of that one before.

Btw, I would like to add that I do all my OG problem solving timed.Using a timer has helped me identify what problems take me longer.It has definitely helped me improve my speed in Quant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Chetan / Zynga

Yes , I have suggested this approach for RC by a frnd of mine , who is himself an instructor at Princeton Review Institute. I have nt practiced much , but ya let me get back to you ppl once i get things more clearer.I am planning to visit my frnd on tuesday for RCs. I will share complete information once i get clarified.

Solving OG problems using Timer ? The one this online or u just keep time limits manually ?
I was just looking for some DS Resources as my strike rate is pretty low on that front . Wht resources do you think i should pickup ?

Just wanted to ask one more thing , when are you ppl planning to start on IR prep ? and how ?

Thanks
Jhansi
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I usually use the stopwatch on my phone as the timer