Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 23:21 It is currently 01 May 2024, 23:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Economics
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Singapore Management University (SMU) Masters in Applied Finance [#permalink]
anamilkochar wrote:
Hi,

I have been accepted in the MAF Program at SMU. Good Luck to you too.

Could you or anyone please tell me what books does SMU recommend for its modules?,if you know any past students could you please ask them?

Thanks

May I know your profile. I have been looking for a Ms Finance and am in great confusion. In my view this degree is good but I feel singapore is not a heaven of opportunities. Considering the opportunities point of view I am preferring a II tier Us university.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Singapore Management University (SMU) Masters in Applied Finance [#permalink]
rsgmat720 wrote:
ritigl wrote:
Hi,
I recently came across this program. Anyone here applying for MAF 2016 batch?
If anyone has done or is doing this course, could you share some light regarding the post university placements.

Thanks.

Program website: https://business.smu.edu.sg/master-applied-finance

I had a conversation with one of the university students.
for:
He said that many reputed companies are headquartered in Singapore.Chances are bright.
The course is applied finance, taught on practical cirruculum.
AACSB accredited.
Singapore is small city.
There are opportunities but one has to work his socks off on issues,such as going through multiple round of interviews,competing with asians etc, to get a job .
After completing studies you have the opportunity to extend your visa for an year to search for a job.

I have been living in Singapore for quite sometime so undoubtedly yes preference for hiring is given to locals. As for VISA wise I don't have an issue with that because i have a long term stay pass in Singapore. I am more concerned about the placements especially for those students who don't possess past working experience in finance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anamilkochar wrote:
Hi,

I have been accepted in the MAF Program at SMU. Good Luck to you too.

Could you or anyone please tell me what books does SMU recommend for its modules?,if you know any past students could you please ask them?

Thanks

Hi I have been accepted in the MAF program as well. I am not sure of the books. I guess more details will follow once we get the class schedule and syllabus.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts