Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:03

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 12, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 21, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was very conversational, no question about updates or the essays or the data visualization. Just talked about my resume and she asked questions that were very specific to it. She also asked Why MIT? Why MBA? Why Now? but the rest of the questions were specific to my application."
This user wants to stay Private
4 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 20, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 20, 23
"Interviewer was very nice. It went like this: - Has anything changed since you applied? - Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who disagreed with you in a team? - Tell me about a time you were part of a team that was underperforming and what you did to change - that? - Why MBA & why Sloan? - Is there anything you wish I had asked? Or is there anything else you would like to share with me? - 5 minutes for questions"
3 years
Chile
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 2, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 23
"Hello! I had my interview with MIT Sloan adcom this morning. My interviewer was quite sweet and friendly - 26 mins of her asking me questions then last 4 mins I asked her 2 questions 1. Has anything changed since you applied - then had a followup on one of the things I mentioned here 2. Walk me through your data viz - follow up on how did the team take the recommendation, were there any hiccups 3. Whats your biggest professional accomplishment 4. TMAT where you convince people to solve a problem your way. 5. How to build relationships? 6. Why do you think MBA is still the right next step for you since your last application? (I was a reapplicant) 7. Why MBA now 8. Why MIT Sloan 9. Can you paint a picture of where you right now and where you want to be (I think I didn't show the "why MBA now" that well perhaps that's why this as a followup question) 10. Anything else you want us to know that I haven't asked you already - I told her how I would contribute to MIT Sloan 11. Any questions - asked one question regarding the sloan curriculum and one regarding sloan generally For few answers, she also had a followup to really dig deeper on the impact Ended with her saying that this is the last piece of application, and we'll hear back on 12th Dec Personal reflection - 1. Be prepared for the interview with 4-5 stories you want to share (Cant emphasize this enough because it is really a Q/A format so its very quick one after another) 2. Prepare for why MBA, why now, why Sloan 3. I was confused by the link given on the email as it opens in a webinar format - wasn't sure if it was going to be zoom or not (would affect my blurring background capabilities lol) - but yes it was zoom in case it helps someone else out there 4. I mentioned how I spoke with alumni, students, info sessions etc in different parts of my answers 5. I feel I didn't mention enough on teamwork as I should have"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jun 4, 23
Interviewed on:
Dec 7, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Casual but straightforward interview, which put me at ease as I had some issues with the webcam at the beginning of the interview. My interviewer was a senior adcom member who was professional and courteous rather than chatty. The interview is less than 30 mins, so not sure how she feels, but I did the best that I could. Here are the questions: Any updates to your application that you would like us to know about? Tell me about your data visualization Follow up on data visualization Tell me about how you joined your current startup (is it pandemic impacted, did it impact your onboarding process, how do you get to know your colleagues) How does your current startup make money? If you sit with me at a dinner table, can you describe to me (who has no idea of what you do) your current startup and your role? Tell me about a time that you disagree with a co-worker. What is the startup incubator you mentioned in your resume? Do you enjoy working at your current startup? Why MBA now Why Sloan Do you have any questions for me? Update: Did not get the admission offer, which was disappointing, but I learned a lot from the process. Good luck everyone!"
4.9 years
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 7, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 7, 23
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"So just had my interview with Melissa Freedman. It was for 30 minutes. The interview was mostly conversational. I got ask the below questions to the best of my memory: 1- Why MBA now 2- Why Sloan 3- TMAT when a teammate let you down 4- TMAT when you let your teammates down 5- Asked to elaborate on data pre-interview short essay I submitted 6- TMAT where you made a quick decision 7- Something you are most proud of in professional life 8- Any update to your application 9- How I navigate my day (was a follow up question to a recent work crisis I told her I am managing) 10- Any questions She was very quick at the end I think she had another meeting. Only allowed me 1 question and answered really quick and short."
4.5 years
Pakistan
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 28, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 15, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interview felt like a rapid-fire round of questions, and there weren’t any questions tailored to my application. Most questions were along expected lines based on the interview reports I have read, but there was a question on working with incomplete data, which I had not come across in any previous interview reports, so would definitely make sure to prepare a story for that. 1. Any updates to your application? 2. Tell me about your data visualization. 3. What does a typical day at work look like for you? 4. If you’re at dinner with your cousins, how would you describe what you do for a living? 5. What do you do to relax? 6. Tell me about a time you convinced people to solve a problem your way. 7. Tell me about a time you mentored someone at your firm. 8. Tell me about a time when you had to make a recommendation based on incomplete data (this was one I didn’t prepare for, but managed to dig up a recent example, so would definitely watch out for this one). 9. Why MBA now? 10. Why Sloan? 11. Any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 7, 22
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 7, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"She joined 3 minutes late and was super conversational - Any updates in your application? - Describe a recent project that shows what you do at work - How do you provide feedback to your teams? - Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult coworker - Why MBA now and why Sloan? - Any questions for me? Total time 25 min"
3.7 years
Chile
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 28, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 17, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was super conversational and had a casual tone. Below I have listed the questions I was asked. There were some follow up questions to the behavioral questions as well. None of the questions were surprising based on others' feedback from this forum. Interestingly, I spent a long time preparing my data visualization response, but I can't remember if we even spoke about it. We finished up the interview portion after about 18 minutes and she gave me the rest of the time to ask questions. She gave pretty detailed responses so we had time for 3 in total. While I was asking questions, the adcom was super informative and engaged. She mentioned that the industry I have experience in + am hoping to pursue during and post MBA is an area of focus for the school that will hopefully increase in relevance. Really hoping that did not give me too much false hope... 1) any updates to your application? tell me about... 2) an accomplishment you're most proud of 3) your biggest failure 4) a time when you had to come up with a novel solution to a problem 5) a time when you had a difficult coworker 6) how your boss describe you 7) why MBA? 8) why now? 9) why Sloan? 10) what will you contribute to Sloan? 11) what will you be engaged in at Sloan?"
4 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 23, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 23, 22
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Interviewed this morning. Largely the same questions as folks have listed here. Based on the feedback here, I tried to be as detailed as possible, but ended up being asked to speak more generally, which was surprising to me. So, I suppose maybe a balance between the two to allow the interviewer to actually ask the more probing questions than trying to anticipate and provide that level of detail upfront. Also generally ran out of time, possibly partially because of my over-enthusiasm to try and offer as much detail as possible. Given that, I'd consider this an average / below-average performance, and enough to induce anxiety over the next two weeks as I await decision."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 18, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 14, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview was approximately 35 minutes. 1. Anything changed since application? 2. Provide more context on data essay 3. Tell me what a typical day at work looks like for you 4. How do you manage your time? 5. Which role do you tend to gravitate towards when working in team? 6. Your leadership style in 2 words 7. A time when you had to come up with an innovative solution 8. Why MBA now? 9. Why MIT? Ended with questions for admissions officer."
4 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 7, 21
Interviewed on:
Dec 7, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1. Any changes in my profile since application 2. Time I said no to an opportunity 3. Time I made a project success specifically through my presence 4. What is my communication style? How do I talk to people who report to me? 5. Question about data visualization 6. Why MBA? Why MIT? Why now? 7. Anything I want to add 8. Questions for Ad Com"
Pakistan
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 3, 21
Interviewed on:
Dec 2, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview went quite fast approx. 35 mins, the AdCom was nice and warm but looks like someone who is in a hurry situation haha. 1) Walk me through your resume 2) Behavioral Qs: accomplishment 3) What do you like in your current job/industry 4) Behavioral Qs: working with a difficult person 5) Behavioral Qs: challenging times at work 6) Experience in mentoring someone 7) Why pursue specific goals (mine in Sustainable Energy) 8) Why MBA? Why now? 9) Personal hobbies/activities outside work 10) Anything else you want to add for AdCom team 11) Any questions for AdCom Good luck to us!"
4 years
Indonesia
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 30, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 29, 21
"Interview lasted approx. 35 mins. 1) Any significant change in your profile ever since you applied? 2) Questions regarding data visualization essay 3) Questions regarding Diversity essay 4) Share your recent professional achievement that you are proud of? What challenges did you face in that project? 5) Share a time when you had different views from your team members? How did you align on a common goal? 6) Questions regarding community work that i mentioned in the resume 7) Why MBA now? 8) Why MIT? 9) Anything else that you want to share"
MIT SDM (System Design & Management)
Debrief posted on  Mar 10, 21
Interviewed on:
Feb 9, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"-The alum just wanted to know more about me as a System Engineer, and hence these specific questions were asked: *Tell me a bit about yourself (intro) *Can you tell me more about the System Engineering work in your company? (generic qs: what do you do at work?/describe your role) *How was it like to transition from an R&D to a System Engineering background? *How many System Engineers do you have in your team and how do you interact with them?(I spoke a bit about that) *Can you tell me more about what your goals are post SDM? (if its written in your essay, be very clear about what you write else you will get a lot of questions!) *What is one challenge you face at your current workplace?"
Singapore
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 23, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 6, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interviewer (Adcom) asked me the following questions. The interview took in total 30min: 15min for the interviewer's questions and 15min for my questions. -Any updates on your application? -What are your main responsibilities at work? -How is the Covid-19 affecting your company? -Can you describe high pressure situation you handled, how you solved the problem? -Why did you apply to MIT? -Do you plan to return to your company? -What would success in MIT look like to you, what are the milestones you would like to accomplish during your MBA? -What question do you have for me? -Is there something you wish that I had asked you?"
Japan
MIT SDM (System Design & Management)
Debrief posted on  Feb 22, 21
Interviewed on:
Feb 17, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"It was more of a conversation more than an interview. Interviewer was asking questions with respect to my experience to get to know me better. why SDM was asked, which was mentioned in previous info sessions."
MIT-Leaders for Global Operations
Debrief posted on  Jan 19, 21
Interviewed on:
Jan 7, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Me too! I thought it went well! The interviewer was extremely polite and easy to talk to. The questions were around: teamwork, navigation of challenging problems & problem solving approach, why LGO & the topics that I wrote about for the additional essays, & QA. Give it your best shot and best of luck! I hope more people would share their experiences on here. We are all in this together! I had an opportunity to ask questions after 24 minutes lapsed. Don’t worry , you’ll do just fine! LGOs are humble and passionate(from admissions to students). I wish you the very best with your interview."
MIT Sloan Fellows
Debrief posted on  Jan 18, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 6, 20
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Mine was on 6th November. Very conversational. It started off with the data visualisation question. Then pretty much revolved around my resume asking me clarifications on each roles. It ended with the question about what I like to do in my free time? I didn’t get any behavioural questions. I got a chance to ask a couple of questions. Total time was 31 mins. I was made comfortable during the interview and it wasn’t interrogative. I think that’s the experience of most if not all. All the best who haven’t yet appeared for the interview. Just be calm and things should be fine! Cheers!"
India
MIT Sloan Fellows
Debrief posted on  Jan 18, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 4, 20
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had mine a couple of days ago. It was very conversational. Couple of questions about the data visualization exercise, then I was asked about my current role at the company I work for, how we have faced the Covid-19 situation and other related questions to the industry I am now, what I plan to do after I finish the program, why Sloan, and that was pretty much it. It was very straightforward with no tricky questions asked. Hope that helps!"
Colombia
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 11, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 30, 20
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Interview was super fast, 20 minutes Interviewer showed up about 5 minutes after scheduled time (it was the first time slot on a Monday) and seemed to be in a hurry. I never saw anyone introduce themselves so fast. It seemed I had hit the 2x speed button. But I tried to keep calm. First thing interviewer explained how interview was gonna be. -tell me about your new job (changed during application) -tell me about your data visualization (started to overlap with question 1, bc it was about my new job) -tell me about a recent accomplishment at your new job (as I only had 2 months there, it was exactly the same thing as the data visualization. argh too many overlaps) -tell about a time when you had to help someone at work (AGAIN overlap with the pre interview question on culture. At this point I think its on purpose or that I have a very poor memory hahaha) -tell me about a project when you had to deal with team conflict -why now and why mit -anything else you want to tell me about -questions? I made 2 and not sure the interviewer enjoyed them, felt like nope."
5 years
Brazil